Cornwall Football Forum

Player news from Truro City

The club's website has announced the following:-

Closed season player movements

The club is continuing to hold discussions with existing Truro City players and potential new signings. Below are details of the current players who have been offered new contracts and those that have been released: 

Players offered new contracts
Tom McHale
Shane White
Aaron Dawson
Ollie Knowles
Arran Pugh
Ben Adelsbury
Jamie Richards
Aaron Bentley
Ryan Brett
Cody Cooke
Isaac Vassell
Les Afful

Players Released:
Jake Ash
Craig Duff
Pierce Mitchell

Players asked back for pre season: 
Matt Wright

Of course, already gone are Martin Rice to Gosport and Dan Green who has taken up a post with Exeter City.

22 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

The club's website has announced the following:-

Closed season player movements

The club is continuing to hold discussions with existing Truro City players and potential new signings. Below are details of the current players who have been offered new contracts and those that have been released: 

Players offered new contracts
Tom McHale
Shane White
Aaron Dawson
Ollie Knowles
Arran Pugh
Ben Adelsbury
Jamie Richards
Aaron Bentley
Ryan Brett
Cody Cooke
Isaac Vassell
Les Afful

Players Released:
Jake Ash
Craig Duff
Pierce Mitchell

Players asked back for pre season: 
Matt Wright

Of course, already gone are Martin Rice to Gosport and Dan Green who has taken up a post with Exeter City.

And assistant manager ,Wayne Carlisle.

I don't think Liam Eddy really had his chance, he travelled the country to sit on the bench despite being the clubs TOP SCORER if minutes on the pitch to number of goals is taken as a measure of his ability. I remember many games where despite dire performances by the team Liam sat and sat and sat then when all appeared to be lost  came on with hardly enough time left on the clock to warm up, asked to save the managers ass.

I don't think Liam Eddy's tenure at the club was handled in the correct manner, encouraged by those more senior around him and we may have seen the best of Liam Eddy

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Strong rumours on Twitter,about Rocky Neale from Bodmin.

Never seen him play.

So cannot comment on weather he would be a success.

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

A handful at the level he plays at - step up and try it....works, or won't work.

Depends on the pension plan I presume!

I mentioned quite a while ago that i thought Rocky Neale could be joining Truro i heard this from a lifelong Truro supporter Rocky and Issac Vassel that would be a good combination and worth watching i would think Truro would be looking at a experiance goalie now as well that Martin Rice has gone Plymouth Argyle have releases Corey Harvey maybe worth a try signing him 

At this rate there won't be anyone left. With the manager now gone and other clubs well under way with their preparation, we are starting to fall well behind other clubs. As much as I like the club it just shows how poorly run it can be at times. They need to replace Steve Tully ASAP so the new man can get the players he wants and needs.

1 hour ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

Yeah it will be sad to see him go, but you can't blame it;s more likely he would be on the bench next season as a back up, with Rory Fallon playing up front.  Lee Hodges tactics he plays one up front or am I wrong ?

Your right.

I just dont like the way TCFC do their buisness.

Tell's Matt that he needs to turn up for Pre-season to see if he warrants a contract.

Sign Fallon and Neal,and virtually makes Matt's mind up,for the reason's you state.

Looks more like a winding down effort to me.

TCFC playing in the SWPL or below, in a 4,000  seat stadium, in front of 50 to 100 spectators.

Can't pay the bills, stadium gets sold off for development, retail park maybe (?) more money for someone.

Developers don't mind waiting years to make millions (being proven right now)

Malpas Marauders in less than 7 years (?)

But hey (!) what's 7 years when there's another £30 million + to be made. 

Go on - call me cynical.

• 4 weeks later...

I was down Treliske hospital earlier today and got talking to a Truro supporter he thinks Truro will go up this year but he said Issac Vassel is moving on he heard he was going to Weymouth he also heard Truro are trying to sign the 2 Harvey boys Tyler and Corey we will see i cant see they could afford Tyler Harvey and i think Isaac is good enough for the league .Looking forward to watching all of the Truro pre season matches looking forward to seeing Ollie Knowles for Exeter he will be a premiership player im sure he is good 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I was down Treliske hospital earlier today and got talking to a Truro supporter he thinks Truro will go up this year but he said Issac Vassel is moving on he heard he was going to Weymouth he also heard Truro are trying to sign the 2 Harvey boys Tyler and Corey we will see i cant see they could afford Tyler Harvey and i think Isaac is good enough for the league .Looking forward to watching all of the Truro pre season matches looking forward to seeing Ollie Knowles for Exeter he will be a premiership player im sure he is good 

Truro going up.??????????????????

No wonder he was in Hospital.

Can't see how anyone could be so sure that Truro won't make the play offs when we haven't even seen them play yet. I have to admit the current state of play doesn't look good for things on the pitch, and I don't think they will make the play offs the way it looks at the moment. But I can't be so sure as we haven't seen them play yet.

6 minutes ago, JENGLE said:

Can't see how anyone could be so sure that Truro won't make the play offs when we haven't even seen them play yet. I have to admit the current state of play doesn't look good for things on the pitch, and I don't think they will make the play offs the way it looks at the moment. But I can't be so sure as we haven't seen them play yet.

The offer is there ,before the season starts.

Fair play to Russell,he backs ,what he thinks will happen.

I just hope we sign a few more new players. To stand any realistic chance of making the play offs I think we will need around 5 or 6 new additions. But like I said, I'll be able to give more of a prediction when our pre season programme finishes. Looking forward to seeing the new signings in action in a Truro shirt.

6 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Just reading Isaac Vassel has left Truro and having trial with Torquay Utd hope it works out for the Newquay lad hes certainly talented and Truro will miss him .He could be playing in a Torquay shirt against Truro in just over a weeks time at Truro 

That is a BIG loss for the club, I hope Lee has a replacement in mind. I am a bit concerned because last time the club tried to play younger players it did not end to well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The lad had a decent game at Willand.Who were pretty ordinary opposition to be fair.

Bideford beat them 5-0 last night.

Big question is can the boy make the step up.? Same question for Rocky Neal.

As for the very good team,thats a matter of opinion,especially when you see what players other teams are recruiting.

13 minutes ago, JENGLE said:

I haven't seen Jack Crago play before so can't comment on him too much. But I reckon Rocky Neal will be able to make the step up. Only time will tell though.

It has been rumoured,that Jamie Reid was offered to Truro,but it was turned down because of finances.

Jamie Reid signed on loan at Torquay and Truro sign Jack Crago.

Rumours Dave! ;) I would like Jamie Reid back at Truro as I thought he did well. Although I always thought he could've offered a little more than what he did, unless that's me being a little too critical. I'll take Jack Crago after the reviews I've seen of him. Bring on the season!