Cornwall Football Forum

Players and Managers for next season

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the 2 best players have left Newquay the Annear lads they where the only 2 i would of kept so i think it could be another long season at Mt Wise think Tony Mckellar will need to work miracles up there well he did a brilliant job at the G .Mr GILBERT would do a good job at Truro as there manager he should apply 

Think it's unfair to say that the Annears are the only 2 that you would keep at Newquay! There are a number of decent youngsters in the side as well as experience. For example you've got the likes of Eliiot Simcox, Jamison, Welden and Middleton who have been at the club for a number of years as well as Louis Price who should really be involved in the county youth setup with him playing SWPL premier, getting regular starts and scoring goals. Hopefully Mackellar and get a could group together and aim for mid table.

What i have seen when i watched Newquay play was the Annear boys where the players given there all even Tom going into goal as well the players u have stated Welden injured most of the time Middleton good player but getting on in age Simcox mostly in reserves Price sub most of the time i forgot to mention Josh FEARON he always looked good when i saw him play i hope Newquay do well this year and dont get so many hammerings like they have had this season Come On you Peppermints lets try get 2 teams in the top half of the league 

5 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Great couple of signings for the Town. Good encouragement for the best of the existing players to stay put also. All further quality signings gratefully accepted! (Jake Ash maybe coming back to his first SWPL club??)

If one wanted to be technically correct, Falmouth were in the SWL when Jake played there! ?

Hearing Jason Chapman is having a clear out with Prynn, Tinsley, Williams, Giles and Brokenshire to make way to sign Jake Ash, Thomas Chambers, Jordan Trott, Jordan Annear/ Mark Goldsworthy (undecided for strikers) and Tim Nixon from Mousehole!

only one I find hard to believe is Martin Giles to leave!! 

For a start Jordan Annear has signed for Falmouth and Tim NIXON was with St Austell at the beginning of the season and it didnt work out for him there and cant see Tom Chambers leaving Bodmin hes part of the furniture there him and Steve Simmonds are like Siamese Twins Prynn ,Tinsley and Williams may go they are not 1st team regulars GILES wont go hes MR St Austell always reliable 

Very disappointing to hear Tom and Jordan Annear have left Newquay especially when at last saturdays presentation night they were pledging their loyalty to Newquay for the coming season,If they had said on saturday they were going to Falmouth I am

sure Newquay would have said that if they want to go then go ,but the door will be left open for a return if they desired.

I am sure that the remaining players supporters & committee will get behind Tony Mackeller for the coming season

It was always on the cards Rocky Neale was going to sign for Truro i put it on here severel weeks ago while thats 4 Bodmin players gone Hurst ,Rocky ,Dingle and Allen they must have some good replacements lined up i predict that Helstons Mark Goldsworthy is 1 of them cant wait for the pre season to start and the charity cup match at Wadebridge as well 

6 hours ago, pebbles88 said:

Last season is history, time to look forward who r u going to sign to replace all your best players who have left

pebbles88....... I may be wrong but i thought you said Bodmin only had one good player.......... the rest in your words were ordinary...... So i guess we can find some more ordinary players to replace the others!!!

Parkway have lost the Landricombe boys to Tiverton and have signed ,Josh Grant , Sam Davey ,Christin Pople and Chris Head and Tyler Elliot from Launceston St Austell havs SIGNED Jordan Dingle and I havnt heard Bodmin have signed anyone but have lost Dingle to St Austell and River Allen and Rocky Neale to Truro and Nick HURST to Tiverton 

On 07/06/2016 at 17:49, Dave Deacon said:

If one wanted to be technically correct, Falmouth were in the SWL when Jake played there! ?

Jake Ash formerly with Budleigh Salterton and a Devon County Youth player was spotted and snapped up by Falmouth Town manager Neil Phillips in 2002.

Jake who was at Falmouth Art College went on  to play 111 games and scoring 24 goals for Falmouth before departing in 2005 with Steve Massey to Truro City.

8 hours ago, pebbles88 said:

I did say ordinary so let me put it for u another way for u.The best of your ordinary players have left leaving u with the worst of your ordinary players with the exception maybe of one of your centre half's who was half decent.I have no idea what your goalie is doing next year and although he is still a very good player anything low and wide of him is a goal as proved in the saltash game which u lost 4-2 he never moved a muscle for any of their goals.I am sure there must be some players coming in but I will predict top 5 next year if u r lucky

Top 5 not to bad !! coming from some one that knows almost as much about football as my dog.......... and dreams he once played PROFESSIONAL is quite good. Thank you..

Did read Bodmin also looking for goalkeeper? Kevin Miller re-retired ? ..I'm sure Mr.Gilbert will be disappointed to lose players but in the same way will look forward to building another side let's face it after so many trophies with Bodmin he's getting the hang of re-building teams and winning trophies.. 

1 hour ago, beacon said:

Did read Bodmin also looking for goalkeeper? Kevin Miller re-retired ? ..I'm sure Mr.Gilbert will be disappointed to lose players but in the same way will look forward to building another side let's face it after so many trophies with Bodmin he's getting the hang of re-building teams and winning trophies.. 

And not taking promotion

I thought Plymouth Parkway had  a good side anyway without signing all these new players they only needed to replace the class player Mike landricombe .It will intersting who Bodmin sign they got the boy cordery in goal not in the Kevin Miller class but he was mom in the final vs the G , Im sure Darren Gilbert has lots of players lined up to replace the 1s gone a tleast all the other teams will be sighing with relief that Rocky Neil has moved on u got fed up with the words another hat trick for Rocky hope he does well at Truro and him and Newquay lad Issac Vassel cn get Truro promoted 

Bodmin to sign young Tim Nixone! From what I heard he was a good player but can he be a premier league champions player? We shall see! Also hearing Jordan Annear to Bodmin is done after just going to Falmouth I believe

Harry Evans unfortunately has been linked to Bodmin after hearing he's had a meeting with the club. Bad for AFC St. Austell

Tim NIXON couldnt get in the St Austell team he woudnt get in the Bodmin team and all the Annears are at Bodmin Dennis Annear and his 2 boys Jordan and Tom i can see Falmouth having a good Season they got 1 of thebest goalies around in Ryan Barnes i thought he may of gone to Bodmin i have seen Ryan play  in goal since he was a nipper with my son at Perranporth he was good then  he carried on with his football my son discovered girls and Music rather he had stuck with his footy 

46 minutes ago, pebbles88 said:

God u r a complete moron private message me we will arrange to meet up and if I was not a pro I will donate 1000 pounds to a charity of your choice and when I prove to you I am visa versa my charity is woodside animal welfare bring your money with u

Is that all and you say you were a pro:. Now this is the truth... I live in Canada, i can't meet you....... by the guff you talk i would not want to......I would struggle to raise $10.00 ....... but why would you want to tell  me in private who you are...... I'm sure most would like to know who you are and what teams you played for.......  Do that and i will apologize on here for not believing you but not for the criticism and the guff you talk about Bodmin, without knowing what they pay what their budget is and unless you know Darren Gilbert i'd shut up !!!

Plymouth Parkway make there 5th signing Tyler Elliot from Launceston none of the players they have signed are no better than the 1s they got there already i think the players they gotthere already are better than these signings .Could  be a interesting season but i think Plymouth Argyle will win the league easily 

55 minutes ago, pebbles88 said:

I am not sure I really want to identify who I am on here as I have maybe given mr carter and particularly mr hobbs some grief and I really would not fancy bumping into them mainly mr h as I am sure he would beat the living daylights out of me

Hopefully that was supposed to be humorous! Possibly better you don't write such posts if you are so worried that you have to hide behind a made up name!

1 hour ago, beacon said:

Quite simply got to be the most predictable and boring posts from the hobbit as always !! 

Just passionate about cornish football if it bores you I'm glad , now go feed yer horse and build him up to travel all the way to Tiverton, will need a lot of strength to pull the cart all that way, still you won't have the teachers on board  so the burden will be a little less.

2 hours ago, pebbles88 said:

God u r a complete moron private message me we will arrange to meet up and if I was not a pro I will donate 1000 pounds to a charity of your choice and when I prove to you I am visa versa my charity is woodside animal welfare bring your money with u

Hey, leave God out of it! :c:

17 hours ago, TRUE FAN said:

pebbles88....... I may be wrong but i thought you said Bodmin only had one good player.......... the rest in your words were ordinary...... So i guess we can find some more ordinary players to replace the others!!!

Your a joke Pebbles, ex pro my rectum! Chump!:yahoo:

17 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Leave Glyn Hobbs alone he did his time hes a brilliant foootball and a nice bloke right What the hell is happening at Bodmin Tom CHambers left now and gon to St Austell how is Steve Simmonds going to cope without him beside him Bodmin for relegation lol 

Simmo has retired !!

3 hours ago, TURNIP TED said:

Very interesting in all the new players going to Plymouth Parkway , who has actually left them ?

My thoughts exactly ! Mike Landricombe is the only one I know of that's gone.I think they had about 27 signed on the season so now they must have over 30 signed on/retained

Hope Danny Lewis hasnt retired think hes a brilliant player Parkway will still have a good team with Steve Colwell and Mike Smith in there team  But Tivy will be a good bet for the league with the Landricombes Nick HURST and ex Truro player Dan Smith there but i think Plymouth Argyle will take the league with ease 

9 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Hope Danny Lewis hasnt retired think hes a brilliant player Parkway will still have a good team with Steve Colwell and Mike Smith in there team  But Tivy will be a good bet for the league with the Landricombes Nick HURST and ex Truro player Dan Smith there but i think Plymouth Argyle will take the league with ease 

Think you'll find those players will be playing for the Tiverton 1st team in he southern league. It's tiverton 2nds that are in the swpleague prem.