Cornwall Football Forum

Players and Managers for next season

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CTID said:

As Dave just mentioned the great news that Parkway have merged may generate differing opinions and with Laffs vacating at St Austell changes could be big.  No other reason. 

Maybe now promotion could be considered?

St Blazey will probably start picking players from other clubs. With the manager having west Cornwall connections I expect Penryn, Falmouth and Helston to be raided.

Not impacting Cornish football I appreciate anymore but Stoke Gabriel's departure from the premier league was quickly followed by a 'parting of sorts' for the management team.

Taken from a Devon football forum.

Stoke Gabriel Football Club officials, members, players and supporters wish to thank Tim Porter and Matt Zadel, aka Jelly, for their dedication and commitment in running the club`s First Team for the last two seasons in the SWPL Premier Division

The Committee agreed with Tim and Jelly that the Club wanted to move in a new direction and have decided to part company.
 Tim was recruited as a player and helped the team win promotion to the SWPL Premier in 2014. When the previous manager walked out of the job 2 weeks before the new season commenced, Tim volunteered to manage the side. With Jelly as his assistant they rallied the team and after a shaky start the performance in the closing weeks of the season saw us as a healthy mid table side.

The season that has just closed confounded our expectations. Disastrous weather and waterlogged pitches left the team with a massive backlog of fixtures, most of which took place in deepest Cornwall. Despite this Tim and Jelly had the team playing with passion and we saw them draw away against Bodmin and St Austell, the teams who finished as Champions and runners-up in the league.

We are proud of the way the team performed under difficult circumstances
 A word about Jelly. He has been a member of the club for a decade and has travelled great distances from London and his home in Somerset to be with the team. We salute his dedication.

The Club wish Tim and Jelly the very best in their future careers in football

It gives me great pleasure to announce the new club manager at Stoke Gabriel FC is Nick Milton Snr

Nick is a UEFA-B licensed football coach, most recently coaching for Pro Direct Football Academy and has many years of experience in football coaching prior to this in roles such as; Torquay United’s College development coach – winning two promotions and two cups, also coaching College League teams for South Devon College, and working as a development coach for Torquay United’s under 16’s, along with various other coaching jobs.

With over 15 years of coaching experience, Nick will bring this experiance to Stoke Gabriel FC to help develop and take the club forward through next season and beyond

Mike Calf (Chairman)

7 minutes ago, devonfan said:

Not impacting Cornish football I appreciate anymore but Stoke Gabriel's departure from the premier league was quickly followed by a 'parting of sorts' for the management team.

Taken from a Devon football forum.

Stoke Gabriel Football Club officials, members, players and supporters wish to thank Tim Porter and Matt Zadel, aka Jelly, for their dedication and commitment in running the club`s First Team for the last two seasons in the SWPL Premier Division

The Committee agreed with Tim and Jelly that the Club wanted to move in a new direction and have decided to part company.
 Tim was recruited as a player and helped the team win promotion to the SWPL Premier in 2014. When the previous manager walked out of the job 2 weeks before the new season commenced, Tim volunteered to manage the side. With Jelly as his assistant they rallied the team and after a shaky start the performance in the closing weeks of the season saw us as a healthy mid table side.

The season that has just closed confounded our expectations. Disastrous weather and waterlogged pitches left the team with a massive backlog of fixtures, most of which took place in deepest Cornwall. Despite this Tim and Jelly had the team playing with passion and we saw them draw away against Bodmin and St Austell, the teams who finished as Champions and runners-up in the league.

We are proud of the way the team performed under difficult circumstances
 A word about Jelly. He has been a member of the club for a decade and has travelled great distances from London and his home in Somerset to be with the team. We salute his dedication.

The Club wish Tim and Jelly the very best in their future careers in football

It gives me great pleasure to announce the new club manager at Stoke Gabriel FC is Nick Milton Snr

Nick is a UEFA-B licensed football coach, most recently coaching for Pro Direct Football Academy and has many years of experience in football coaching prior to this in roles such as; Torquay United’s College development coach – winning two promotions and two cups, also coaching College League teams for South Devon College, and working as a development coach for Torquay United’s under 16’s, along with various other coaching jobs.

With over 15 years of coaching experience, Nick will bring this experiance to Stoke Gabriel FC to help develop and take the club forward through next season and beyond

Mike Calf (Chairman)

Great piece from Stoke Gabriel chairman.  Good luck to the outgoing management team on pastures new and all the very best on the new guys coming in.  Look forward to seeing you back in the SWPL in 2017/18 season.

Good Luck to all at Stoke Gabriel, made Bodmin feel very welcome on our voyage on the Bank Holiday Monday! As for everyone else, it will be the same managers, same old players trying to tout their own moves, very predictable cornish football. Can see St.Austell staying pretty much the same depending on the manager that is appointed, should think running Bodmin REASONBLY close this season they would want to keep the nucleus for next season. Why would St.Blazey be wanting players from West Cornwall 'Williow Tree', they picked up more points than Helston or Falmouth in Alan Careys time in charge for the second half of the season, more than both of those sides.  Parkway rumoured to be getting the best players from the non league Devon Circuit, big cash injection again.

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Good Luck to all at Stoke Gabriel, made Bodmin feel very welcome on our voyage on the Bank Holiday Monday! As for everyone else, it will be the same managers, same old players trying to tout their own moves, very predictable cornish football. Can see St.Austell staying pretty much the same depending on the manager that is appointed, should think running Bodmin REASONBLY close this season they would want to keep the nucleus for next season. Why would St.Blazey be wanting players from West Cornwall 'Williow Tree', they picked up more points than Helston or Falmouth in Alan Careys time in charge for the second half of the season, more than both of those sides.  Parkway rumoured to be getting the best players from the non league Devon Circuit, big cash injection again.

Yes, agree - Falmouth always fielding a weakened side for some reason so I suppose the results are bound to be up and down - cannot understand why the side was always weakened though !

teflon123 you are correct, Buckland have already appointed Ellis Laight as their new Manager for next season.  

That means that "IF" Wayne is looking at getting back into the footballing scene he will be a massive asset to any set up.  I reckon St Austell will look closer to home for a manager and i reckon he wouldn't want to travel that far twice a week anyway.  With Wayne being an ex Parkway manager would the new investors want a quick return to the glory days, if so you wouldn't look passed him and Lee Hobbs.

32 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Heard a few football rumours Rocky Neale is going to Truro Adam Carter is going back to  Plymouth Parkway and Helstons  Mark Goldsworthy is going to St Austell and Messi and Ronaldo are signing for the G all rumours except about Messi and Ronaldo lol 

You mean the bit about Messi and Ronaldo aren't rumours? That they're true? Tanya must have one hell of a sugar daddy!

After a very pleasant day yesterday where Bodmin again picked up more silverware there were a lot of rumours flying around in the Launceston clubhouse, i was sipping my peach snaps & pineapple afterwards in celebration, when a G supporter let slip Tony Mcellar was soon to be appointed the new manager of the towns second club Newquay.

Also St.Austell are to appointed Steven Massey as their new manager who beat Alan Carey to the post, who also applied & will now probably stay at St.Blazey after failing to land the post.

Oh & Rocky Neale is going to sign for Manchester United :thumbsup:

Time will tell on all of the above

Well if he was only guessing maybe he could guess my lottery numbers for me next weekend Bazzer!! I wonder if that appointment will have a knock on affect at Godolphin?

The Steve Massey rumours seem a strange one, with his flamboyant personality he does not tend to stick around long

Was sitting down out Fistral beach with my son and grandson and this bloke said thats Smokie i said yes he said hes seen us a t St Austells ground and we got talking about football and heres more rumours he heard Liam Eddy is goin to play for his home town Helston Mark Goldsworthy is going to play for St AUSTELL and Andy Parr and Penhaligan are going to be the new bosses of St Austell that seems a sensible choice to me we then started talking about Plymouth Argyle for the next hours and the games we had seen up there.Thats all to report tonight you all have a good evening time to watch Plymouth hammer Portsmouth i got £5 bet on they win 3-0 tonight be nice a trip to Wembley again 

Heard a few rumours over the past week or so whilst visiting a couple of the local games. 

100% done deals

Goldsworthy to St Austell

Carl rickard and Lee Rickard Godolphin

Josh Grant - Plymouth Parkway

Jack Crago - Bodmin

Jamie Lowry - Newquay player/manager

Seb Broomfield - Bodmin

Jack bowyer - St Dennis

50%/ in discussions

Billy Hopcroft - Holsworthy 

lewis Rooney - Torpoint

Mike Body - cullumpton 

Tom Cleveland - Callington

Tom Payne - Newquay

Tornado Bello - St Austell

Harry southcott - Tavistock

Can't see Broomfield going Bodmin, not been great at Torpoint this year.  I also can't see Jack Bowyer going St Dennis, i fancy him to lead a promotion push for Sticker next season.  I also can't see Rooney going to Torpoint especially as he has been on the fringes of the first team at Argyle, a good pre-season and he could become a more permanent fixture for them.  I cant see how Tom Cleveland is in discussions to go to Callington either, a previous thread mentions they are on the look out for a new manager, so who is he in discussions with?  Bello to St Austell would be a good replacement should Josh Grant be going to Parkway.

Through a few conversations i have had at recent games i have heard that Saltash are looking to bring in a host of fresh new faces, also heard that Bobby Oaten is looking to get back in to management and that  Ivybridge will be losing a number of players too. Either way, an interesting couple of months ahead!

The rumours that fly around this early are normally a little far fetched in my opinion.  Henderson and Hobbs taking over at Parkway is something I cannot see happening. I heard only this week that Handy and Stewart are staying for another season.  managers have to be put in place before any players move surely. 

Be very surprised if Jack Crago will leave Tavistock for Bodmin, I think that would be sideways step as again in my opinion Tavistock will be there or thereabouts next year.

Also not heard of any players leaving Ivy Bridge, the new management duo have only just started so I'm sure they would want to keep what is a very young squad together.  

Cant see the 2 Rickards going to the G they wouldnt get in the team anyway and why would Rooney leave Plymouth he will be be playing a lot more 1st team games next season for Argyle and after he scored one of the goals of the season at Home Park why the hell would he want to go to Torpoint not a hope in hell 

I would not be so sure allways believe , I actually spoke to Billy himself after a game recently at Mousehole ( remember me Bill we talked when you were getting your drink)  and he wasn't convinced of Budes ambition and wants to push on again. Ive know Billy since he was a youngster and I can assure you he wants to play higher . Good luck to him 

23 hours ago, Weasel Shwirk said:

Heard a few rumours over the past week or so whilst visiting a couple of the local games. 

100% done deals

Goldsworthy to St Austell

Carl rickard and Lee Rickard Godolphin

Josh Grant - Plymouth Parkway

Jack Crago - Bodmin

Jamie Lowry - Newquay player/manager

Seb Broomfield - Bodmin

Jack bowyer - St Dennis

50%/ in discussions

Billy Hopcroft - Holsworthy 

lewis Rooney - Torpoint

Mike Body - cullumpton 

Tom Cleveland - Callington

Tom Payne - Newquay

Tornado Bello - St Austell

Harry southcott - Tavistock

Weasel, you really shouldn't be gossiping with the Piskies, or Older and Willow. If there's one thing worse than old wives tales.......!

I have to say Weasel, for somebody who just  moved to the area a few weeks ago and using that as  reason why you have just joined the forum, you sure have travelled a lot and met a lot of people in a short time.

Quote from previous post.

I've recently moved to the St Austell area ( hence being new to the forum)  and have watched a couple of their games in recent weeks. 

36 minutes ago, Roy of the Rovers said:

I have to say Weasel, for somebody who just  moved to the area a few weeks ago and using that as  reason why you have just joined the forum, you sure have travelled a lot and met a lot of people in a short time.

Quote from previous post.

I've recently moved to the St Austell area ( hence being new to the forum)  and have watched a couple of their games in recent weeks. 

Think  Weasel been found out! Another Duffer

For what is meant to be a public forum , people's opinions are continually chastised on here. At least I make the effort to go and support local football and speak to people about the game. I have never once got in for free and always contributed by spending my money on raffles etc. If people spent more time attending local football and less time belittling me and my opinions the game in this county would be a lot stronger.

can I just give a quick mention to the people of St Austell . By far the most welcoming club and also respectful. So much so im considering a place offered to me on their comittee 

14 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Weasel, you really shouldn't be gossiping with the Piskies, or Older and Willow. If there's one thing worse than old wives tales.......!

To be honest I don't care who goes where. Most players are only chasing the money. Loyalty is a rare thing, players who want to play for the club, not the manager, not their friends and not the brown envelope. Anyone who stays loyal to their club, fair play to them.

46 minutes ago, baldy said:

Just wondering where this Newquay manager "announcement" is to be found.

Tony Mcellar is taking the reigns at Newquay i was told at the final on Saturday at Launceston, also told Alan Carey has applied for the St.Austell post with a lot of support from the St Austell Supporters & players wanting him to prevail through the other applicants,  Dean Cardew or KC going to Callington.

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

You wont get a more loyal bunch of lads than the G players they play it for the love of the game and not for £500 a week that some players are on ,i also suggested Tony McKellar for Newquay manager and Jake Hartigan as his assistant 

£500 a week. Really? 

Mike Landricombe has just signed for Tivi Town ( ref Tivi twitter ). I am gutted as he is an excellent player. Great attitude towards the game too. Good luck Mike , hope you come back in the near future. Oh , bring your brother with you lol.

Not the best way of moving forward , losing a class player like that. Also , thought players could not sign untill June ?

Any news of potential players coming too Parkway. I would like to see Rocky Neal back and Todd Hanrahan added from Ivybridge.

25 minutes ago, pebbles88 said:

It may well.be true but.I just can't see it the only one I could think of would be rocky but I heard off  a good source at parkway when he left tivvy parkway could not match bodmins offer of 125 pounds a game

I suppose at the end of the season if he played 4 games in a week he would be on 500 pounds

No, he gets 800 pounds & £2.36 a goal bonus. Also 87p appearance fee, & £6.57 a month personal sponsorship from 'Sid's Seriously Succulent Steaks' :thumbsup: