Cornwall Football Forum

CITY V MAIDSTONE PLAY OFF 1st LEG

Good luck to City tonight!!! Be a tough game having lost 1-2 away and 1-3 at home to the same opposition already this season but that counts for nothing in play off games. City's record in play off situations is a good one so hopefully that will continue tonight!?! Hard to believe the club are just 3 games away from the National league when they were almost defunct a couple years ago. Well done to everyone who made this happen. ?  Just 270 minutes away from playing the likes of Tranmere Rovers, Wrexham, York City, Torquay Utd, Grimsby, Lincoln etc. Good luck City and hope you do Cornish football proud. ⚽️

About right, SSS: bang in the middle of the media-men estimates. Felt like a "proper" footy match with singing and chanting from BOTH sets of fans. Was it something I said? I think for the 1st-timer at Treyew (if there were any) it would have been an enjoyable experience, despite the score. 1st goal, could have ended in the County Hall car park or out on the road - but didn't; 2nd goal - silly defending, a gift only lacking the gift-wrapping! Great 2nd half - one of the teams actually played football!

Still goes to show that building a 4000 seater stadium would be the biggest white elephant in Cornwall. If only 1000 turn up for such a big game on a nice evening with over 200 away fans, is it really worth it???

23 minutes ago, Paul said:

Still goes to show that building a 4000 seater stadium would be the biggest white elephant in Cornwall. If only 1000 turn up for such a big game on a nice evening with over 200 away fans, is it really worth it???

Dont think there was 200 Maidstone fans,there. 

19 minutes ago, Paul said:

New ground and potential investment can sometimes attract new fans though. On a much bigger scale a lot of league clubs who have built me grounds, have seen there crowds triple in a short space of time. 

Over time a proper stadium could help bring in new fans, for young fans especially it can feel like going to a proper match at a proper stadium. Also has the new ground got other facilities within it? If so, that can bring in revenue on non match days, as well as during matches. Which will give the club more money to spend on players etc.

I was told Maidstone were bringing 130 supporters.

NEWS ITEM: 

YAWN - This is the new Buzz word in Truro City's directory of PR gaffes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could the end of season awards be a private function without the supporters?

38 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

NEWS ITEM: 

YAWN - This is the new Buzz word in Truro City's directory of PR gaffes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could the end of season awards be a private function without the supporters?

To be fair, this used to be the case with it done at the end of season Dinner and Dance for players and committee members etc and so I suppose it's not a new concept. However, I did think the "YAWN" was a touch unprofessional and certainly not worth a response!