Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JamesLM

New Team, Players, Coaches, Volunteers Wanted!

On 5/4/2016 at 11:06, JamesLM said:

Exactly why I want to give it a go now, I don't want to look back and regret not giving it a go, I don't know if it'll work out but I'm hoping to find people that can help and hopefully in time build a nice community team that goes on for a long time to come. Grassroots football needs new ventures like this I think.

It's going to cost a lot of money and hard work James - that said, every good wish sir. :)

On 05/05/2016 at 10:49, Soccer Follower said:

Newlyn Lions,Newbridge Athletic and Mabe all in recent years too.

and Falmouth DC

If your looking in the St Ann's area  they used to go back to the "Tavistock inn" for food,decent as well!! Or maybe try the Rifle Vounteer. Get them on board and you may get sponsorship. Good luck with your venture. 

On 5/8/2016 at 22:46, Early Doors said:

If your looking in the St Ann's area  they used to go back to the "Tavistock inn" for food,decent as well!! Or maybe try the Rifle Vounteer. Get them on board and you may get sponsorship. Good luck with your venture. 

Thanks for the advice I was thinking about the Rifle Volunteer as it's pretty much behind the St Ann's pitch so if we played home games on that pitch it'd be ideal for a couple of drinks after and they have function room I believe for end of year/season celebrations and awards etc. I also like the name St Ann's Rifles FC. Of course it's all still very early on and a lot will most likely change.

Whereabouts is the pitch in St Ann's Chapel? Google Earth isn't very helpful and old CCFA directories only give it as George V Playing Field with no road name or postcode to go by.

3 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

Whereabouts is the pitch in St Ann's Chapel? Google Earth isn't very helpful and old CCFA directories only give it as George V Playing Field with no road name or postcode to go by.

Remember seeing it off a minor road and with a sizeable slope

On 5/11/2016 at 11:12, Willow Tree said:

On 5/11/2016 at 14:32, Soccer Follower said:

Remember seeing it off a minor road and with a sizeable slope

I don't recall a sizable slope? It's located Albert Rd, Saltash, Cornwall PL12 4EA, on google maps as St Ann's Play Park.

1 minute ago, Soccer Follower said:

St.Anns Chapel is between Callington and Gunnislake not in Saltash.

I was going to say the same thing. Albert Road doesn't even have a playing field

On 5/16/2016 at 10:07, Soccer Follower said:

St.Anns Chapel is between Callington and Gunnislake not in Saltash.

On 5/16/2016 at 10:09, Willow Tree said:

I was going to say the same thing. Albert Road doesn't even have a playing field

My bad, I just put into google maps and copied the address, didn't even think to check it!

Hope this map clears it up for anyone unsure!

St Ann's Park Map.png

Google Earth even shows the goalposts if you zoom in close enough but a way into it I presume would be the back lane (I always assumed it was off the main road). Thanks James!

Update for anyone interested the new club has enough players to start training now so nexthat job is going great to be sponsorships equipment and friendlies, we should be online soon also so watch this space if interested in following our story!

I take it you have informed the CCFA and/or league of your choice so you can be invited to the AGM?

8 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

I take it you have informed the CCFA and/or league of your choice so you can be invited to the AGM?

I have spoken to both andays have form to fill out for the league, the ccfa hasn't got back to me yet so will be chasing that up today, but it's all on the to do list, any idea how long I have to get all the league stuff sorted before its too late?