Cornwall Football Forum

Walking Football Pool Academy

Hi All,

I have started up a new Walking Football Centre at Pool Academy school, I currently run a centre and it has gone superbly well with over 15 over 50s turning out every week to enjoy a sociable and competitive kick around! If you may be interested in coming along and trying it out please give me a call or message on 07969463773.

Walking Football, a slow-paced version of the beautiful game aimed at getting players back involved in the sport, has arrived in Cornwall with venues popping up all over the County. Our sessions are aimed at(but not limited to) over 50s, those coming back from injury and those with lack of mobility.

Walking Football is designed to help people keep an active lifestyle despite their age, as well as getting those back playing football who had to stop due to injuries.

As the name suggests, Walking Football is non-contact and anyone that sprints, runs or jogs while the ball is in play will be penalised with a free-kick awarded to the other team.

The game is played on a pitch 20/40 yards in length and 15/30 yards in width, with the game restarted via a kick, roll or throw-in.

Neil Slateford