Cornwall Football Forum

SHORTAGE OF REFS THE TITANS MAY HAVE THE ANSWER!

Guest titan1

EVERYONE KNOWS THERE IS NOT ENOUGH REFS TO GO ROUND ON A SATERDAY ESPECIALLY WHEN IT GETS DOWN TO THE LOWER LEAGUES WHAT IF EVERY CLUB COULD HAVE A TRAINED SUBTITUTE REF NOT FULLY QUALIFIED BUT QUILIFIED ENOUGH TO REF THE MATCH SOLONGS AS BOTH TEAMS AGREE. THE TITANS HAVE GOT THE CHANCE TO RUN A DAY OF SUCH TRAINING WITCH WOULD BE SANCTIONED BY THE REFS ASSOCIATION. THIS WOULD BE A ONE DAY COURSE . IF ENOUGH INTEREST WE WILL GO AHEAD AND ORGANISE THE COURSE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR VIEWS !

Guest BenTimmo

It's a great idea, and one that I think should be mandatory for every club.

BUT

The problem is, the players don't want to do it, because it pretty much guarantees them a lower number of playing games every season. I am a qualified ref myself, and though I didn't register this season, opting to play instead, my manager knows that I am a referee, and so when we don't have one, I get to do it. Now I'm not complaining THAT much, but I'd far far rather play. I was kicking every ball and heading every header this weekend in our match against Troon, but I still managed to ref it fairly, but how many would want to do that. And how many would do it fairly?

Hi Ben, if you did not register then you are not qualified for this season. If I was in your shoes I would register ( better late than never) if you let your registration drop you may find that if and when you want to start reffing you may have to take the course again.So even if you do not officiate this season please keep your registration current.

Guest BenTimmo

I meant I am qualified in that I have done the course, rather than would be allowed to referee games.. the game that I did was done as a 'club official', so it was no different to my manager doing it officially.

And I know that I may have to do the course again, but I can skip one season without having to retake the course, so thats what I'm doing this year. I'll register again next season. No point in paying for more years that I need to :P