Cornwall Football Forum

Tottenham Hotspur.

No one can moan about a bit of steel and bite  , but trying to stick a finger in someone's eye  come on spuds  not even a die hard fan can agree with that , if Costa was being a usual prat why did he not just chin him  ,  and if you want to bring up past history Paul Davis  was banned for breaking Cockerills jaw many years ago  on an off the ball incident , not right but he was banned and deserved ,  what I seen on the highlights  was Spurs frustrations boiling over as  a chance to keep in the hunt for the league was snatched from them , shame as a good season has been tarnished with players losing their heads in one game ,   oh well Arsenal have gone 12 years without a title Spuds 55 years  so both North London clubs win F A this season . :SM_carton:

28 minutes ago, stevieb said:

No one can moan about a bit of steel and bite  , but trying to stick a finger in someone's eye  come on spuds  not even a die hard fan can agree with that , if Costa was being a usual prat why did he not just chin him  ,  and if you want to bring up past history Paul Davis  was banned for breaking Cockerills jaw many years ago  on an off the ball incident , not right but he was banned and deserved ,  what I seen on the highlights  was Spurs frustrations boiling over as  a chance to keep in the hunt for the league was snatched from them , shame as a good season has been tarnished with players losing their heads in one game ,   oh well Arsenal have gone 12 years without a title Spuds 55 years  so both North London clubs win F A this season . :SM_carton:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Well, what a wonderful moment to come out of website semi- retirement. What a delight to see Mr Costa, who has all the right characteristics to become a legend at Lafrowda Park, standing up so courageously to attempts from the sore lilywhite losers to gouge out his eyes. What an eruption of ecstasy to watch the delicate parabola of Hazard's curling shot handing the Premiership trophy to our worthy successors from Leicester, who even wear Chelsea's colours in homage. Be assured that, had that goal failed to curl in, the youth team (champions in their own right)  would have turned out on the last day of the season for a good sporting stroll around and a 6-3 win at the Bridge for Leicester. Wonderful to lead the celebrations at the Tottenham fans' end after giving them such delusory hope . Two-nil up and you threw it away ! How fitting that Eden (the name of a prelapsarian pastoral ideal, evocative of lost innocence) should have the last word in ensuring that win-nothing Tottingham remain win-nothing Tottingham. Hope the ex-Argentina defender teaching thuggery at the Lane is banned for racing on to the pitch and assaulting Willian. Can you imagine what a field day the Daily Wail and all the other Arse and ManUre-loving rightwing bogpaper (consistent metaphor, yay !) would have had if this had been the sainted Mr Mourinho on the pitch instead of Pocket-thuggo ?

I am glad Leicester won it rather than Chelsea. Arsene's misprints and Pocket-thuggo's losers would have put that down to money. That Hazard goal comes only narrowly second to winning the Champions League. Spurs confirming their reputation is priceless. What bad losers ! You'd have thought they would have been used to it by now.

Nine Spurs bookings, eh ? Must have been the fault of Fabregas......

Dear old SSS, still keeping the faith. Somebody has to. heroic. It's like Captain Smith going down with the Titanic......

4 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Well, what a wonderful moment to come out of website semi- retirement. What a delight to see Mr Costa, who has all the right characteristics to become a legend at Lafrowda Park, standing up so courageously to attempts from the sore lilywhite losers to gouge out his eyes. What an eruption of ecstasy to watch the delicate parabola of Hazard's curling shot handing the Premiership trophy to our worthy successors from Leicester, who even wear Chelsea's colours in homage. Be assured that, had that goal failed to curl in, the youth team (champions in their own right)  would have turned out on the last day of the season for a good sporting stroll around and a 6-3 win at the Bridge for Leicester. Wonderful to lead the celebrations at the Tottenham fans' end after giving them such delusory hope . Two-nil up and you threw it away ! How fitting that Eden (the name of a prelapsarian pastoral ideal, evocative of lost innocence) should have the last word in ensuring that win-nothing Tottingham remain win-nothing Tottingham. Hope the ex-Argentina defender teaching thuggery at the Lane is banned for racing on to the pitch and assaulting Willian. Can you imagine what a field day the Daily Wail and all the other Arse and ManUre-loving rightwing bogpaper (consistent metaphor, yay !) would have had if this had been the sainted Mr Mourinho on the pitch instead of Pocket-thuggo ?

I am glad Leicester won it rather than Chelsea. Arsene's misprints and Pocket-thuggo's losers would have put that down to money. That Hazard goal comes only narrowly second to winning the Champions League. Spurs confirming their reputation is priceless. What bad losers ! You'd have thought they would have been used to it by now.

Nine Spurs bookings, eh ? Must have been the fault of Fabregas......

Dear old SSS, still keeping the faith. Somebody has to. heroic. It's like Captain Smith going down with the Titanic......

Nothing like a great 2-2 draw,and 22 pts behind Spurs,to bring you out of retirement.

On 04/05/2016 at 23:12, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Looked like a load of old handbags to me, you've fallen into the hype, like a player diving when not touched (!)

Go back to the real football times - and that was nothing....seen worse in a netball game - get over it.

Some handbags older , pushing and shoving agree nothing in that but putting a finger in an eye?    Don't care how ardent a fan you are  you can't condone Dembeles actions  this is not what football is about , cowardly action six game ban is a light suspension .

41 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Costa - the angel (?)

No he isn't a bloody pain in the rear , but finger in the eye ,  come on  ?   If he was a real player he would of punched him  not try to poke him in the eye , what a hero .

22 hours ago, stevieb said:

Some handbags older , pushing and shoving agree nothing in that but putting a finger in an eye?    Don't care how ardent a fan you are  you can't condone Dembeles actions  this is not what football is about , cowardly action six game ban is a light suspension .

No he isn't a bloody pain in the rear , but finger in the eye ,  come on  ?   If he was a real player he would of punched him  not try to poke him in the eye , what a hero .

A finger in the eye (?) you're having a giraffe, tickled his face. No sign of a red eye, or any bruising in the next game.

All a mountain out of a slap, and tickle.

17 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Great result for the spuds  and Arsenal are known for bottling  oh dear squeaky bum time , just need the dodgy Lasagna next week from the Arsenal kitchen  to finish things off   .

Going to be a good Sunday for someone.

La Sagna ? Is he still in the City squad ? North London continues stuttering towards the possibility of the Europe midweek pub trophy. Unlike Leicester, who put in such a fine performance yesterday despite celebrating all week beforehand, Spurs concede two at home to a Southampton squad player who hasn't scored at all for six months. Good omen for Newcastle next week, maybe: The poor old depressed Spuds have gone to seed. I predict that no British team will go beyond the last 16 of the Champions League and only a couple will proceed from the group stages. At home, however, following the flashing of cash in the summer, the Premiership will be closely contested between Chelsea and the Mancs, with an improving Liverpool coming in fourth.

Congratulations to Leicester: what a fantastic achievement. Unfortunately the other small club just behind them has missed their rare chance. Hope their promising youngsters do a grand job in the Euros before leaving for bigger clubs who can win something. 

17 hours ago, Mangle said:

I'm still hoping Spurs choke against The Toon. However, I am not convinced Arsenal will do Villa, so it may not matter.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

There is only one North London team,that has choked.

Well Spuds bottle it again , and City get fourth , poor season for Arsenal but we still finished above Spuds, and utd end up in the mickey mouse cup again , will spuds finish in top four next season ? 

Oh well season over good luck to Roy in the euro's

On 03/05/2016 at 14:21, somersetspur said:

I will defend my team,until I die and put me 6 foot under.

Where have I defended Dembele.? You tube.

If I was Lamela,I would head stamped on that Gooners head the horrible little. ££££.

Maybe if your shower of ££££ showed a bit of fight in recent times,you may have won the Champions League.

The League table dont lie.

Some facts.MR MANGLE.

Here are the so-called big teams in the Premiership,and where Spurs are.

CHELSEA, 22 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

LIVERPOOL 15 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

MAN UTD 10 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

MAN CITY 6 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

ARSENAL 3 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

One common word here for all you big boys. BEHIND.

So go and wind your neck in.

Not now ha ha ha ha oh my aching sides haven't laughed so much since my auntie fell on her fa. ..y in the cucumber batch :P

On 08/05/2016 at 20:25, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

A finger in the eye (?) you're having a giraffe, tickled his face. No sign of a red eye, or any bruising in the next game.

All a mountain out of a slap, and tickle.

Going to be a good Sunday for someone.

Yes the Gunners happy St , Totteringham day to SSS , Older and any other Spud muncher ,  North London's chokers strike again , only one team in North London ,  ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. , God how have the team from White Fart Lane thrown away second ????????  I was waiting for weeks for the p take coming our way but no  Pocahontas boys have pulled up at the final fence ,  table doesn't lie SSS    , has made my Sunday complete .

On 26 April 2016 at 13:46, somersetspur said:

Blow it.???????????????????????????????????????

How have we blown it.If Leicester the League and we get runners up and finish above Man City,Man Utd,Liverpool,Chelsea, and Arsenal,its a magnificent season.

Look at the Premier League table ,12 games ago,who were top with a easy run in.Now they sit 4th and are struggling to get a Champion's League spot.

Thats blown it.

Look at Chelsea,and where they are.

Thats blown it.

Look at the money LVG has wasted at Man Utd.

Thats blown it.

Oh and by the way,Leicester have not won the League,so telling everyone Spurs have blown it,is a bit premature.

No longer premature. I think BLOWN IT now nicely sums up Spurs end of season run in. Third. They finished THIRD. And you thought they had a chance of winning it. A 5-1 loss to 10 man relegated Newcastle. Am I dreaming? The future's not Lillywhite, it's Lillyshite. Up The Gunners.

On 03/05/2016 at 14:21, somersetspur said:

I will defend my team,until I die and put me 6 foot under.

Where have I defended Dembele.? You tube.

If I was Lamela,I would head stamped on that Gooners head the horrible little. ££££.

Maybe if your shower of ££££ showed a bit of fight in recent times,you may have won the Champions League.

The League table dont lie.

Some facts.MR MANGLE.

Here are the so-called big teams in the Premiership,and where Spurs are.

CHELSEA, 22 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

LIVERPOOL 15 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

MAN UTD 10 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

MAN CITY 6 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

ARSENAL 3 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

One common word here for all you big boys. BEHIND.

So go and wind your neck in.  Who has disappeared  ?  If you see sss or older  please let them know normal service has been resumed  ha ha. 

On 13/05/2016 at 16:14, somersetspur said:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

There is only one North London team,that has choked.

That would be Tottenham!! :P

On 28/04/2016 at 23:32, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

WE WILL. Oh no you won't 

Must give you credit older at least you have popped your head up today  , now where is SSS ?  Not a good  time for him football wise  Truro and Spurs supporter ,  with both teams needing a new stadium ,   I know it is great fun sticking it to spuds , but in truth. It is scant  consolation for not winning any trophies this  season ,  21 years  cocks drills since you were above us in the league  , the tide is turning  ?   , ,Jena's on football focus had a great point about the spuds that they need to get over the  way the Gunners  beat them in the league each season and concentrate on what  they need to do  , it was all there this season  for the spuds but indiscipline cost them with Alli and Dembeles being banned for their indiscretion on the pitch , but then again they are the youngest and most English of  prem teams  ,   , and behind the North London's finest .

Why should I come on here and dish it out.

Would you like to know Spurs finished 3rd,and secured automatic Champions League qualification,and will be playing Champions League at Wembley.

Harry Kane won the Golden Boot.

Dele Alli won Young Player of the Year.

Poch has just signed a contract extension.

Our New Stadium is ahead of schedule.

Oh yes ,Im really all doom and gloom.

Only deluded goons think they are the only ones who have had a successful season.

3 hours ago, Keith B said:

Knock Spurs all you like but - they still had a season most other clubs would love to have had !

Keith when you dish it out as SSS has you should expect it back  with spades ,  us gooners have been waiting for the taking of the urine if the boot was on the other foot  and it looked like it was going to happen until the last week ,  older and yourself  take it with a pinch of salt , but SSS has been conspicuous by his absence as Willow stated above , 

3 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Why should I come on here and dish it out.

Would you like to know Spurs finished 3rd,and secured automatic Champions League qualification,and will be playing Champions League at Wembley.

Harry Kane won the Golden Boot.

Dele Alli won Young Player of the Year.

Poch has just signed a contract extension.

Our New Stadium is ahead of schedule.

Oh yes ,Im really all doom and gloom.

Only deluded goons think they are the only ones who have had a successful season.

Read my above posting  , I don't class second as success. , well done Kane hope he keeps it up at the Euro's  , Ali hmmm didn't he get banned alongside Dembele which cost you second  according to some spuds fans  , look your best season for some time well done 3rd best  in EPL  could have been more  ,  the North London rivalry will always be there  but as Jena's said on football focus Spurs need to focus on there club and stop worrying what , The Arsenal  are doing   but I suppose. You have a long way to go  to catch up on trophies won , 

I haven't laughed so much about an Arsenal result since Seaman conceded in a cup final from 60 yards. Newcastle, hell of a side. Certainly gave our mid-table mediocrities more trouble than anybody from North London this year.

We beat the serious North London team 2-0 at home and 1-0 away.....

We drew with George Graham's reserve team down the road even when it didn't matter a darn to Chelsea and it rendered their season meaningless. Spurs spent the last ten minutes trying to get five sent off and to force an abandonment.....last time they won at the Bridge I was only just out of university; now I'm on the verge of retirement.

This year was your chance; now you know it's gone. Chelsea, City and United will all be back to full strength next season. Have a nice summer !