Cornwall Football Forum

New Referees

I just wanted to pass on my thanks to the newly qualified referees that have today completed the Basic Referee Course at Wendron. Thank you to all those the responded to my emails, messages and forum posts to get involved. I went along yesterday morning to meet everyone and to help out for a bit, it was humbling to see that 10 of the 13 on the course were the guys that I was in contact with. Thank you for keeping your word and attending.

I'm sure that I speak for everyone involved in Cornish football when I extend my good luck wishes. Enjoy your time in the middle. 

Well done , you have proved over the past few months with badgering , and passion  that local football has several new REFS , this is a labour of love for you , you are a credit to local football  keep up the good work , I follow several of your posts on here and look forward to your continued support of the beautiful game and the forum  , and good luck to the new REFS  .:thumbsup:

Congratulations to the new individuals in black (I don't know their gender but a few more lady officials would certainly be welcome). I hope with great mentors like Dange'rous and his many, more experienced, colleagues, they will manage to put all that knowledge to good use on the field of play (despite the crap they're going to get along the way). But even if not they'll be better more rounded players, managers, individuals, won't they Dange'rous?  

Thank you for your kind words gents.

Bruegel, I certainly like to think so. A few of the guys are still playing for their clubs but some already have games in the Trelawny League as early as tomorrow. So they are already making an impact on the leagues which is fantastic.

Im looking forward to next season already. Although some may remain playing, only reffing when they haven't got a game, I'm under no illusion that these guys will make a difference. With them all being players aswell, this will add to their abilities. I obviously wish them all well :)

I must also thank the guys that give up their time (at no charge) to train tomorrow's referees. So a big thank you to John Reid, Paul Minns, Nigel D'arcy and of course, the CCFA (Ray Brown).