Cornwall Football Forum

Referee Course - Help us?

The referee course is fast approaching (next Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

There are still plenty of spaces on the course that need filling up. Please let me know if you are interested.

I've been doing my part to help football in Cornwall now since August 2015 (the referee courses). Even if you have absolutely no interest in becoming a referee, please at least put a status up on Facebook or ask about at your club! We are in the Ordered Period now, that means if you have no appointed referee, the game must still go ahead regardless. Do yourselves a favour to make the situation easier and get yourself a qualified referee at your club. 

I'm still looking for more people to pick up the whistle full time so if you are interested, please either message me on here, email me at davidrbartlam@googlemail.com or even message me on Facebook (David Rhian Bartlam).

Do your bit for Cornish Football. Just share a status to help me. Social Media is a very powerful thing!

22 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

How about the Lawrence Reed Show on Radio Cornwall 12-3 everyday?

I've been on his show before. It's certainly worth talking to him about it, although, it didn't help. No-one came forward after the show to take the course. 

The problem back then was that there were many people moaning and complaining about the referee situation, but next to no-one helped with it. For example, I have emailed ALL Trelawny secretarys TWICE about the upcoming referee course... Only THREE have ever responded! 

It doesn't fill me with confidence when the clubs that I'm trying to help don't want to help me! I've put in a lot of time and effort, countless emails etc to get people on this course... All I ask of the clubs is to send a text to their managers (who then text their players) and put a status up on Facebook... Some can't even be bothered to do that! 

When you have people that moan all day long about problems but do nothing to solve them, I have very little sympathy when they are then on this forum looking for a ref or complaining that they haven't had one allocated!