Cornwall Football Forum

Yet again, best part of a week goes by without a single post on the V.N.L.S. forum. O.K. so they came second against H.H. but did nobody go to the match, can no-one tell those of us working, or otherwise engaged, what went on?

Frankly it is sad, when we can get passionate match reports from Trelawny league five matches, full of drama and humour, and then absolutely bugger-all (can I say that?) from the most senior club in the Duchy. No wonder there is a dearth of support going in to the Club when there's nothing coming out.

As a mere bystander in the fortunes of Truro City (Wanderers, Rovers etc. etc.) I guess that it's left to me to wish the players wall for the visit of Bath, as for the Club, well, it's really not my place to comment is it?

They do of course have their forum on their own club website as well as the supporters Tiger Talk forum - but to be fair even these have been very quiet recently.

It all suggests that although the club admittedly is playing the highest league standard Cornwall has known, the county populace are either fed up with the never ending wrangles between club officials and supporters as well as the ground goings-on or they just don't care. 

Take your pick!

There's not a great deal of interest in them as Cornwall is particularly colloquial. That is why their crowds are not any great shakes, people support their own club in the main.

Myself, I only go there if there is no local football on, south western, combo, Trelawney, and so on.

Probably more interest in them if they started to slide, or folded.

9 hours ago, Keith B said:

I think most Cornishmen would wish Truro well older - you're right though, people support their own club and subsequently their interests are mainly their own league and neighbouring clubs. I've always looked upon Truro City as the 'elite' almost, they playing at a higher level etc,. Always look for their result, but that's about as far as it goes. Wish them well for the future though and hope that the ground issue is settled as soon as possible.

That's pretty much my view as well.