Cornwall Football Forum

Referee's and the "ordered period"

April and May is the "Ordered Period". Clubs will have to play their games with or without a referee, with no exceptions! Lets try and help the situation!!!

The next Referee Course details have now been confirmed.

Date: Friday 15th (evening for Safeguarding Children Workshop), Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th April 2016
Venue: The course will be held at Wendron Football Club 
Cost:  Funding has been successful from the Trelawny League, Women's League and the Youth Leagues. This has brought the cost of the course down from £95 to £50.
Refund: A partial refund on the fee may be offered but is not definite (after 10 games)

So far, I've had 11 people show interest in the course, with 9 confirmed.

There is still a shortage of referee's, particularly in the Trelawny and Duchy leagues. The last course has brought that shortage down but we still need more referee's to qualify and get out on the pitch each week.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. Most importantly, please let me know if you are interested in taking the course. If you also know of anyone else interested in doing the course, please send me their contact details. Please also feel free to share information about the course on social media, within your clubs etc.

As soon as I have a credible list of confirmed confirmations, I'll forward the names on to Ray Brown at the CCFA for enrolment etc.

The benefits of having a qualified referee at you club are important. Not only do you have someone that will have a detailed knowledge of the Laws of the Game (trust me, it helps), but it also gives you leverage for your fixtures being played in the event of a referee not being available for you game.

Whilst I am keen on getting referees on the course who will officiate on a permanent basis, you could do what I do. Referee on sundays, when your club hasn't got a game or in the event of a referee not being allocated to your fixture, you could take charge. 

Anyone interested, please let me know. Please also return the information below if you are interested in taking the course.

I'd also very much appreciate it if you guys could share this information within your club, within social media etc. Many people are frustrated when they haven't been allocated a referee but aren't doing anything to help the situation. Just by sharing within your club and on social media etc, you can help the situation. April and May are going to be extremely busy, with fixtures being played daily; at the moment, Referee numbers are limited. These games MUST be played, regardless of whether you have a qualified referee or not. Surely it's much better to have a qualified referee take charge of the fixture. Let's try and get some more referees qualified to help us!

Many thanks,

Dave Bartlam
davidrbartlam@googlemail.com

Name:
Date Of Birth:
Address:
Home Number:
Mobile Number:
Email Address: