Cornwall Football Forum

Substitutes warming up.

Guest Dermot

Why is it that in the last two games i have been an Assistant Referee in matches involving teams from the SWPL Premier Division the game has had to be stopped for substitutes warming up along the side of the pitch facing the Referees Assistant and not behind the other Assistant,also 2 times during last weeks game ,St Austell V Saltash the Saltash players were told not to use a ball in their warm up and once again at Bodmin V Tavistock the Tavistock players were using a ball,never had this problem in any of the other Leagues i Referee in.Is this just a way for our more Senior? players to wind the Referees up ? ;0/ :unsure:

No rules in football,just Laws. And yes it is not allowed to use a football whilst warming up,if you were good enough with a football you wouldnt be warming up as a sub you would be playing ? ;0) :rolleyes:

Lets not make a meal out of this Dermot .... as far as the players were concerned, they were innocently warming up. They didn't object when the ref asked them to move. Three reasons why they went down that end - more grass to use, their dug-out was that side of the pitch, and probably no one told them where they couldn't go!

So are you also saying that in other leagues players don't warm up?

All i am saying Dave is that in the LAWS of football as Stig has mentioned it is not allowed,when i told the Ref last night all i could see on the far side was blue tops,red shorts and socks running up and down with a football very similar to the Tavistock strip from the width of the pitch,and if i had flagged for offside on one of them i dont think the Tavvy lads would have been happy,in the second half i had to tell a player to not use a ball as well,lots of grass behind me on that side,its a Law so why continue to break it? Not a `meal of it `Dave just a `light snack`;0) only trying to make other teams aware of this.

And the other games i have Reffed in they appear to know the Laws of football and dont do it. ;0/ :glare:

Guest Helston Patriot

if not and they are opposite the assistant then they could get flagged off side if you see a pair of socks and shorts the same colour as the attacking team,

Assistant refs manage it ok in the professional games with thousands of fans wearing replica kits!

Also your not allowed to use a ball when warming up before the game, or just on the side line during the game?

During the game no football allowed for warming up on the pitchside of the fence,and usually the thousands of fans are behind a fence or advertisment board not running in full view of the Assistant Referee with nearly the same kit on as their teamates apart from slight differences on the shirt or track suit top.

Hope this clarifies it for you you Helston Patriot ? ;0/ :unsure:

With posts like this from a referee, it's a shame that CCFA didn't stick to the suggestion about referee's not posting on this and any other forum. I would though change the wording somewhat. How about, No posting crap remarks by referee's. What a waste of space Dermot! On Tuesday night the referee sent the Saltash manager to the stands for believe it or not, standing in his technical area and told the Physio to sit down and then allowed a Saltash player who had gone off for treatment to come back on level with the penalty area whilst Saltash were attacking. He nearly scored too!. One LAW for one and different LAWS for the rest of us. How petty these guys are becoming. What happened to common sense or do they remove that at referee school? For goodness sake - grow up. :glare:

Guest Grandson of Jimbo

looking and reading your post pacific or is it pathetic,you are not close enough to the tamar,you should be in it you ranting fool.lots of good info coming from refs on this site and if you dont like it dont read it muppet. :c:

How petty these guys are becoming. What happened to common sense or do they remove that at referee school?

Should be guys and girls :P and as Grandson of Jimbo says there is alot of good info coming from refs on this site if you don't like something don't read it. Could you imagine if all referres started on about some of the crap players/supporters/managers put on this and other sites. No one would be able to say anything without someone else moaning. :lol: :drink:

It was an observation and then some information about the subject,and thankyou Anita and Jimbo`s Grandson,it was quite a pointless reply from PAciFiC.

"If you have the remote control in your hand and you dont like what your watching,turn the f*%?£n channel over" as Billy Connolly once said. ;0) :thumbsup:

looking and reading your post pacific or is it pathetic,you are not close enough to the tamar,you should be in it you ranting fool.lots of good info coming from refs on this site and if you dont like it dont read it muppet

Grandson - why do you moan about everyone who has a different opinion to yourself, you told me once that everyone is entitled to their opinion and if they want to publish it they can. Well said pacific :thumbsup:

No rules in football,just Laws. And yes it is not allowed to use a football whilst warming up,if you were good enough with a football you wouldnt be warming up as a sub you would be playing ? ;0) :rolleyes:

How narrow minded is that opinion?. I've been involved in many football matches and there have been some cracking players on the bench. Sometimes it's a matter of "Will he be able to handle this big physical team" or "you know what, we don't need his strength so lets get the more creative player in the team this week".

Often in the Pro game you'll see the likes of Giggs, Berbatov, Gerrard etc etc on the bench or warming up on the side line. I suppose that they'll be good enough with a football to get in the team permanently one day??. :wacko:

Guest Postie Pidge

Often in the Pro game you'll see the likes of Giggs, Berbatov, Gerrard etc etc on the bench or warming up on the side line. I suppose that they'll be good enough with a football to get in the team permanently one day??.

And when they are warming up more often than not they will be behind the assistant referee

Well Put Stig,and good reply Pidge. :clapper:

Coopsie that bit about being on the bench was a light hearted jest and not meant to be taken seriously.

As for the rest of my posting,i hope all the people who have read it are aware of this now,and that hopefully is the end of it? please ;0) :drink:

At the end of the day, is it right and propper that match officials should be telling players, managers and coaches how to conduct themseleves on and off the field of play when it should be second nature and common sense to them?

Stig - Man Utd v Boro sat. Referee in black, Schwarzer, Boro keeper in black.

tonight, C.Palace v watford. Referee in black, Watford keeper in black, Palace keeper in black shorts and black socks (green jersey).

Its when clubs are called to task over points like these, that their immediate 'defence' is - well it was ok for ....................

It seems that local match officials want to impress clubs of their knowledge sometimes, as opposed to letting the game go. I had one once where the goal line was 1 inch narrower than the goal post - offence - are you going to abandon the game then? Of course not!!!! <_<

Don't confuse or compare the premiership, championship or the rest of the football league, with local Panel, contrib, and supply leagues they are run by the PGMOL and have a greater say so as to what goes on.

Sorry Stig, genuinlely dont understand the above. Surely if the laws state restrictions on keepers kit then the law applys surely, whether its Watford or Middlesborough. Are you saying that the match officials at that level can use their discretion more on the laws than locals can. :blink:

Professional conduct is what all participants of a football match should aspire to regardless of there position on the food chain.

So this weekend I CAN wear my wedding ring without fearing I'll be told to take it off or tape it up and I CAN get my ears pierced and get a nice "bling" diamond encrusted ear-ring and I CAN freely shout out "F#@k off ref, I never fu#@in touched him", without fear of suffering the wrath of any official?.Oh, and I CAN take a throwing with gloves on.

I only ask because that's exactly how I see the professional's conduct themselves EVERY time I watch a game.

<_< Stig - sorry I still dont understant - probably me. Are you saying its ok for the Watford & 'Boro' keeper to wear black like the referee, because the laws are interpretated differently, but, when I was called to task at Bodmin because Parkway keeper had black on thats not allowed.

Surely if its the laws it's the laws, it appears that the 'big boys' can pick and choose what they like. or have I got it wrong. <_<

Cheers Anita,off up to Bodmin again on Wednesday night V Launceston,do you think any of the subs will warm up opposite us for a laugh? Hope not. ;0) :rolleyes:

Hi Ian,he`s from Devon,Holesworthy i think.

Just like the bus`s Ian,not done a SWPL game all season and then 3 come along together in 11 days,still it keeps me busy but i am sure someone is going to have a moan because we are having a chat on here,oops sorry folks. ;0) :lol:

I was in The G having a few beers with my lad after my game Peppermint,i did hear a lot of panting and steam rising from the boating lake at about 11.30 though,is that what it was Anita ? ;0)

Can`t Comment on your posting Spider. ;0/ :unsure:

Guest Peppermint

Yes Dermot and Anita did all this after a darts match most impressive and her team won the match much to my wife's delight as she plays in the same team.