Cornwall Football Forum

KEEP TRURO IN CORNWALL.

Great performance from Truro City,yesterday,3-0 winners and into the Play-off positions.

What surprised me from the large Truro support,was the chanting of keeping Truro in Cornwall.

This was not instigated by TISA in any way.

The chant started during the game and it grew louder as the game went on,with ALL Truro supporters singing,by the end.

Supporters from all parts of the country,making their feelings clear,where they think Truro should be playing football.

Wonder how many would join in ,if the chant started on Tuesday night,or would the home support be afraid to do so.

Of Course keep Truro in Cornwall but nothing we do or say will change the outcome.  The only good thing was last week when PM said that the project was on hold again (6Months) meaning that our ground will be available  just need to sort out terms  you never know.  It would be so sad if the lads get promoted  and they play in Devon and will it be one season ?????

SO KEEP TRURO IN CORNWALL 

1 hour ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

Of Course keep Truro in Cornwall but nothing we do or say will change the outcome.  The only good thing was last week when PM said that the project was on hold again (6Months) meaning that our ground will be available  just need to sort out terms  you never know.  It would be so sad if the lads get promoted  and they play in Devon and will it be one season ?????

SO KEEP TRURO IN CORNWALL 

Sorry but there is a lot of people yesterday who are not prepared to say nothing or do nothing.

KEEP TRURO IN CORNWALL.

P.S. Great win by the Mancs,

More work needs to be done I feel to keep Truro City in Cornwall. I mean, Truro City playing in Torquay next season? Some people say it's the only option. But in all honesty from my point of view it wouldn't be the same the club playing in Devon. In some ways I think they'll lose their identity.

34 minutes ago, JENGLE said:

More work needs to be done I feel to keep Truro City in Cornwall. I mean, Truro City playing in Torquay next season? Some people say it's the only option. But in all honesty from my point of view it wouldn't be the same the club playing in Devon. In some ways I think they'll lose their identity.

They'll lose more than that....no supporters.

5 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Sorry but there is a lot of people yesterday who are not prepared to say nothing or do nothing.

KEEP TRURO IN CORNWALL.

P.S. Great win by the Mancs,

I am doing it my own way silent protest since the announcement I have been to two home games.  Given up the match day media announcements  as well.  I have On Radio Cornwall said it was a bad day for Cornish Football  I stand by it.  I know PM has done a lot for the club but I always thought that we end up playing in Torquay  

I wish all the players and staff all the best and hope they get promoted  what I have seen of them they look good .

You never know one day we might have a ground at SilverBow   Keep Truro In Cornwall 

I see your point TheolderIgetthebetterIwas. Through no fault of their own some supporters may not be able to make any games at Torquay. And it's no wonder when they are going to be playing just over two hours away for a home game. But the hardcore supporters will stay and support the team at games. Some might do reluctantly because a club named Truro is playing in Torquay.

I am by far not a Truro City follower in any way at all but going to Torquay is absolute lunacy! A temporary move to develop/ground share with Falmouth, St Blazey, Newquay as examples wouldn't be ideal but would be better than a home game in another county, 85 miles away. As much as it pains me to say:

KEEP TRURO IN CORNWALL

Although I agree sharing with Torquay is extreme, it's not just a simple matter though of "there's a pitch, we can play on it".

You have the FA Ground Grading requirements to bear in mind, as well as whatever extra the league might want as well. This is Step 2, compared to the Step 6 in SWPL.

Having said that, I can't see why they can't play anywhere with lights - the average gate is less than 600, but I'm afraid there's a certain amount of football snobbery in it as well! ?

No disrespect to the club's mentioned. The fact you think national south and possibly national premier football can be played at those grounds is laughable. It would cost hundreds of thousands of pounds to upgrade any of them. Truro tried Plymouth Argyle and were flatly rejected.

4 minutes ago, Keith B said:

I feel for the Truro supporters Dave. Their loyalty and good will are vital to the club and this will be sorely tested. Best wishes to all concerned at Truro. 

I think it's the roller coaster effect that is as much the problem. One day everything is sort of ok, the next "the ground share is in doubt", the "bulldozers are moving in as soon as the season finishes" and so you can imagine it's as much the unknown as the concern as anything else!

Should the owners have to keep the fans informed? No of course not as they have been the only ones prepared to pump any worthwhile significant money into the club, However, as we know football is a different ball-game! ?

I'm happy to allow Truro City to play their home fixtures at Illogan Park next season. So long as they don't mind an old concrete changing room with urine-infested showers and a far from perfect pitch, I think it could work well. Supporters can enjoy the game whilst playing on the see-saw or monkey bars. And as for refreshments, the local Co-Op is only a few hundred metres away from the ground. 

Truro City FC stay in Cornwall and the players get to play in front of a home crowd. Everyone's a winner :yahoo:

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

Havn't the ground grading criteria got  to be in place by the 31st.March?

Yes.Thats true.

The plan would be to remain at Treyew Road for one more season,as a result of meeting criteria,and because of the delays in planning premission for Treyew Rd developement,and the uncertainty over Torquay.We could use that time to investigate a ground share option in Cornwall for 2017-2018 season,should that be neccessary.

Announced today:

"The National League has approved Truro City's proposals for next season
The National League has now approved the proposal for Truro City to ground-share with Torquay United for the 2016-17 season. The approval is for one year only.

While it is a big step to move out of Cornwall for a season, as has been explained previously there are no other practical options open to Truro City. The important word here is ‘practical’. While a multitude of opinions will no doubt be bandied about on internet forums on what the club ‘should’ do, unfortunately the real world in which which Truro City must operate is considerably more complex. And it is that real world that this decision has been taken. 

The Truro City Supporters Club understands the situation and is fully behind the decision. Both they and the club appreciate that this will be inconvenient for supporters next season and the two will be working together to find ways to make it easier for fans to attend matches. We would encourage supporters to contact Supporters Club chairman Ron Ratchford with ideas and suggestions. 
Meanwhile, plans for the new stadium at Silver Bow continue to progress and Truro City looks forward to returning to Cornwall for the start of the 2017 season. "

28 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Announced today:

"The National League has approved Truro City's proposals for next season
The National League has now approved the proposal for Truro City to ground-share with Torquay United for the 2016-17 season. The approval is for one year only.

While it is a big step to move out of Cornwall for a season, as has been explained previously there are no other practical options open to Truro City. The important word here is ‘practical’. While a multitude of opinions will no doubt be bandied about on internet forums on what the club ‘should’ do, unfortunately the real world in which which Truro City must operate is considerably more complex. And it is that real world that this decision has been taken. 

The Truro City Supporters Club understands the situation and is fully behind the decision. Both they and the club appreciate that this will be inconvenient for supporters next season and the two will be working together to find ways to make it easier for fans to attend matches. We would encourage supporters to contact Supporters Club chairman Ron Ratchford with ideas and suggestions. 
Meanwhile, plans for the new stadium at Silver Bow continue to progress and Truro City looks forward to returning to Cornwall for the start of the 2017 season. "

With no real news on the new Stadium.

Surely,they would not just up sticks and go.

Must of had some news on Silver Bow.

Would have been better to here a bit more news on SilverBow than just,progress.

Can anybody see SilverBow being up and running in less than eighteen months? Approval for Plainmoor is limited to a single year. Where do Truro Wanderers go next?

Has nobody looked at the realities of planning permission and project time slip? I know that the F.A. And it's subspecies are blinkered and unforgiving but there must be a Cornish solution somewhere, if only enough smart and influential people cared.

8 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I'm afraid to say that somewhere to be inserted should be "rich", "well off" or "plenty of spare cash". That is if the club is to continue  competing at its present level!

Everyone spouts this, continue at this level.

If we had to go down a few levels,and stay in Cornwall,so be it.

The hard core that has always been there.Would always be there.

Its these plastic,jump on the bandwagon types that Masters has got at the Club,that keep saying that.

As if its Truro's god given right to play at Conference level.They have only been near the Club for 2 minutes.

When Masters have finished with them,they will never be seen again.

Rant over.

Nice to see a resurgence of interest in Truto Wanderers on the forum, but most disappointing to read most of the content. It seems that we're talking about two different entities; a team doing well in the play-off places and an outside chance of promotion to the National League, and a Club who look destined for a homeless slide down the divisions. How can they be one and the same?

17 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Torquay are broke magpie - to all accounts, (and Spotlight Evening News) the administrators are hovering.

New Investors are interested.?  Torquay owners refuse to discuss the issue.

Wonder who the investors are .?????????????????

Why are Torquay keeping quiet.??????????????????

The whole situation ,worries me,with both Clubs putting up the smoke screen.

1 hour ago, Soccer Follower said:

The population in the Torquay/Paignton/Brixham area is large.It'll be interesting to see what crowd numbers Truro City and their opponents can attract next season (not so far down for visiting supporters to travel)

This is the big question,The one Masters is hoping will bear fruit.

This season TCFC average crowd is around 400,at Treyew Rd.

How many of them will go to Torquay,if TCFC get promotion.First few games could be up to 100 maybe.Torquay public maybe interested to see what TCFC has to offer

especially if Torquay go down.200 .Torquay fans and public.

Visiting fans.?? some big Clubs in the National League.Visiting Torquay in August,September,could be a nice proposition.Say 200 visiting fans.

Adding that lot up,I think early doors of the season,crowds could be on a par with TCFC average.

If TCFC dont go up ,which is more realistic,those figures will be less and struggle to keep up with Truro's average.

Mind you ,Truro crowd numbers have been questioned a few times.

A mate to me ,there was never 786 at the Ebbsfleet game.?

13 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

TISA are only happy when they've got something to complain about. They love being hard done by.

The future of our football Club,is up in the air.

Apart from confirming the groundshare with Torquay,for one year only,with no news on new stadiums or future plans.I think supporters are rightly asking questions.

If TISA are so interested in supporting the club - what is their idea then ? Silver Bow is going to happen, but will not be open unti August 2017.  As has already been said, there are no grounds in Cornwall that fit the FA rules. NONE. So, what is the

answer?  Again, as has already been said, Plymouth didn't want to share. Torquay is the nearest option. FACT.

TISA love all this, they ignore the facts and truth and continue to attempt to destabilise the club. Truth of the matter is TISA are about 20 blokes who have nothing better to do than cause trouble.

Who said SilverBow is going to be ready in August 2017.? 

They cant do nothing until Treyew Rd problems are sorted.Any update on that.?

Why is someone planning on spending £100,000. to upgrade a ground,then move out.

Lets see Mr Masters negotiating skills,and get another season at Treyew Rd.Its going to be months yet before  the bulldozers move in.

The owners will be sitting on  empty land,earning nothing.Surely another season's rent would be worthwhile to the owners of Treyew Rd.

No cornish grounds.? Instead of investing money into Torquay[drainage for example] look to invest and upgrade a Cornish ground.

There are other options.

20 blokes.?????? Really.???????

Not quite true.

Come to a few more away games,and have a little count up.

I  have a full list of our Members,including the OAP Section,Children Section,Members Section and our Exile Members,

A welcome, hopefully not short lived, blast of sanity from S.S.S., these really are questions that Truros' committee should be addressing and answering honestly and publicly. 

Nothing is gained by this in-fighting between factions of the Club. It really is time for both sides to bite the bullet and sue for peace. It's a huge Club with massive, if divided, resources. 

Unfortunately I'm not about to hold my breath!

14 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Who said SilverBow is going to be ready in August 2017.? 

They cant do nothing until Treyew Rd problems are sorted.Any update on that.?

Why is someone planning on spending £100,000. to upgrade a ground,then move out.

Lets see Mr Masters negotiating skills,and get another season at Treyew Rd.Its going to be months yet before  the bulldozers move in.

The owners will be sitting on  empty land,earning nothing.Surely another season's rent would be worthwhile to the owners of Treyew Rd.

No cornish grounds.? Instead of investing money into Torquay[drainage for example] look to invest and upgrade a Cornish ground.

There are other options.

20 blokes.?????? Really.???????

Not quite true.

Come to a few more away games,and have a little count up.

I  have a full list of our Members,including the OAP Section,Children Section,Members Section and our Exile Members,

3 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

If TISA are so interested in supporting the club - what is their idea then ? Silver Bow is going to happen, but will not be open unti August 2017.  As has already been said, there are no grounds in Cornwall that fit the FA rules. NONE. So, what is the

answer?  Again, as has already been said, Plymouth didn't want to share. Torquay is the nearest option. FACT.

TISA love all this, they ignore the facts and truth and continue to attempt to destabilise the club. Truth of the matter is TISA are about 20 blokes who have nothing better to do than cause trouble.

Are you Masters in disguise?

13 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Well maybe ,I can build bridges and make friends.

I'm sure you're very lovable S.S.S., though whether Mr. Masters would agree is debatable, and regrettably, he don't come on here to do much in the way of debating. You have, admittedly always made your position crystal clear. A response from Mr. Masters, or one of his apologists would be most welcome (to say nothing of unexpected!).

It's SO easy for TISA and other people if a similar mindset to sit back and criticise P.M.  

Where were you when TCFC almost folded?  Nowhere to be seen, that's where.

P.M. is a successful businessman who has forgotten more about running a business than the rabble from TISA will ever know.

I am not alone with hoping TISA clear off and go to watch another club, and leave 'real' fans of TCFC to get on with it .

18 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

Nowhere to be seen, that's where.

That's a little harsh! I seem to recall there was fund raising carried out and I'm pretty sure for example at a Horse Racing night they were present, however the monies that could be brought in that way was obviously nothing like the amount successful businessmen could make available and from their own pockets without having to go cap in hand to others!