Cornwall Football Forum

WADEBRIDGE TOWN YOUNGSTERS!!!

Having watched the Bridgers the last couple of games after an enforced "winter break" for 5 weeks and seeing them win at Illogan and giving a good account of themselves at Holsworthy I was wondering has there ever been a younger SWL team!?! The last 2 games their starting 11 has had 9 teenagers and 6 of those are 17 or under!!! Obviously physically they got a bit to go but they play some cracking football and are encouraged to do so by a management team that must take great credit. Real pleasure to watch these youngsters. Hope they stick together for a couple of seasons at this level .?⚽

I've always had time for a club like Wadebridge. Their facilities are up there with the best in their league and they do try and bring the youngsters through. Mix those young boys with a few older heads like they have done and they could have a real quality side in 1-2 seasons time.

I've always had time for a club like Wadebridge. Their facilities are up there with the best in their league and they do try and bring the youngsters through. Mix those young boys with a few older heads like they have done and they could have a real quality side in 1-2 seasons time.

Nice thought. But they will probably be picked off by either Bodmin or St Austell in the fullness of time.

From our Plymouth Argyle BTEC course we currently have 4 players in the wadebridge set up, George Roberts, Ryan Jones, Jack Rapsey and Callum Bertrand I think it's great these lads get to play at peninsula league level, they will already have had a taste of The FA Vase, Senior Cup and League Cup. Can only be good for the development. Let's hope more get the opportunity.