Cornwall Football Forum

real madrid inclusive weekend breaks

GEACH1

Has anybody on here ever done one of them football weekend breaks, ive just been looking at a 3 night package for real madrid the cost is 771pounds for 2 people thats flights, hotel and match tickets. that was with a football breaks website who say they can guarantee tickets next to each other which i want as i want to to take my 8 year old boy with me. 

am i best off going through the website or trying to book everything individually to make it cheaper?  

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know, but with others merely stating it is way over-priced, I would like to know why they say that? That includes 2x flights. It also includes 3x nights in a hotel. And it includes the match tickets. The ticket prices in Spain are quite cheap I think, maybe £40 each? One night in a hotel is say £75, so £225 total. That makes £305, plus flights. Not sure on flight costs. If you go Ryanair/Easyjet, probably in the region of £200 all in (bags, seats etc). If you go by BA, more like £200 each. So you could probably do it cheaper booking it all yourself, with a potential saving of a couple of hundred quid. I guess....but buying a package is easier, and you know you are paying a bit over the odds. I know someone who did a similar thing to Barcelona a couple of weeks ago, wanting £380 for joining them (they had a drop out). Not sure, but I guess theirs was a package.

On 1/5/2016 at 20:39, GEACH1 said:

Has anybody on here ever done one of them football weekend breaks, ive just been looking at a 3 night package for real madrid the cost is 771pounds for 2 people thats flights, hotel and match tickets. that was with a football breaks website who say they can guarantee tickets next to each other which i want as i want to to take my 8 year old boy with me. 

am i best off going through the website or trying to book everything individually to make it cheaper?  

It probably depends how much time you want to spend searching the internet for separate tickets for each of the flights, hotel and match I guess. I've just very quickly done a pricing online based on the match against Sevilla FC on the Saturday 19th March.

For a trip from Bristol direct to Madrid, staying the Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, I got a total figure of £633.

I'm not saying there wouldn't be cheaper, but that would require more time investigating!