Cornwall Football Forum

Your best team of the millenium!!

Guest Terrier Tom

Guest Terrier Tom

Hey.

My name is Tom and I am an exiled Cornishman who has lurked and enjoyed reading the numerous threads on this forum and its previous incarnation. I am now 'suffered' the fate of following Bedlington Terriers and we are having our usual average season! Stuck halfway up the Northern Div 1. I was hoping my annual trip to Cornwall could tie in with visiting a Cornish ground with the Terriers in the Vase, however that didn't quite go to plan!!!!

Anyway, thought I would make a contribution and get people thinking (it worked well on the Northern League forum a few years back). So, for whatever team you are associated with (be it Sunday League through to Saturday Peninsula Prem?) what has been your team of the millenium; 2000-2007.

Us Terriers fans could reel off a brilliant 'all-time' team, but struggled a bit more with this 'modern' version, but it sure does get you thinking...!

Oh, 4-4-2 only to make it that bit harder!

Tom-who were you supporting in 2000/01 when in the Vase Bedlington Terriers(Northumberland) defeated Falmouth Town 4-1 aet' The longest distance travelled in the entire history of all F A Competitions. 482 miles

Down here in Cornwall the Falmouth Post Office team will take the fame when they travelled even further to Leith in Scotland for the GPO Final. 552 miles.

Guest Postie Pidge

I was 12 at the time of the 1994 final!

Gary Martin, Ali Charnock, Paul Rundle, Paul Maudling, Kevin Collins, Simon Mills, Barry Trewin and Graham Heard were all from Falmouth DO.

Guest Terrier Tom

I was indeed there Mike, and my loyalty was only slightly tested. Being a Par lad, I had merely watched with great admiration and a little jealously of the great Falmouth sides when I lived in Cornwall, so I must admit to enjoying it when we got the better of you, albeit in a very very tight game. Two good sides. That year we had a great side of course, making the 2nd round of the FA Cup too. However, Tiverton just edged us out at Wembley - though, nevertheless it will still remain my favourite day as a Terriers fan. Proud is an understatement!

So gents... time for your teams!! :drink:

Guest postman pat

no mike we played falmouth on quite a few ocassions but did not field a single player who did not work at Redruth d.o unlike Falmouth. from memory Chris Rowe "Camborne",Andy Angove "Penzance"plus someone from Newquay whose name escapes me.no problem in losing to a better side we had some very good games against them but it did annoy us that they called themselves Falmouth.especially as there office is about the same size as ours.on one ocassion we played Bath Mail centre at Topsham towns ground and beat them 2-1. when you consider they had over 400 employees and we had 50 that was a hell of a result.but we had these arguememnts years ago now the past as they say is history :clapper: :drink:win lose or draw happy days :yahoo: :thumbsup: