Cornwall Football Forum

WHO HAS PLAYED FOR THE MOST CLUBS?

DONT GET ME WRONG IM NOT PROUD OF HAVING THAT MANY CLUBS BUT AFTER PLAYING FOR 15 SEASONS YOUR GOING TO GET TIMES WHEN YOU CANT GET IN THE SIDE OR A CLUB FOLDS OR JUST A NEW CHALLENGE ,I RECKON MOST PLAYERS OVER 25 MUST HAVE HAD 4 OR 5 CLUBS.THE MOST LOYAL I CAN THINK OF IS DARREN LEWARNE OF REDRUTH UTD I CANT REMEMBER HIM ANYWHERE ELSE.

Guest Helston Patriot

I'm 23 and have only played for Helston since i was 12...

Worked my way through all the teams until i finally reached the firsts at 16, regular at 19. I think loyalty is very rare now adays

I have played Junior football every season for Gulval for 21 years, there is 1 season however 2000/2001 where I played for illogan 5 games and Marazion combination but still managed a couple of games for the first 11.

I have played for both reserves and 1st 11 Captained both sides in my time, Managed both teams, Secretary,Treasurer and Chairman!

Only eclipsed by 1 man.......Rhondda Mitchell, we often jest as to who has played more, however he has scored this year for the 1sts at Illogan, I hot the post at Trevenson when I came on....

Neil surely you have played longer than 15 years?

Most clubs has to be Andy Trathen or Rappo...........

Hey Gerrard8 - the only reason why I'm Redruth through and through is that I decide whether I get a game or not lol lol.

Fair play to General - those are some good stats. Having spoken to Rhondda last week though, I'm a little worried that all your stats and details were contained in a little notebook. Even Rhondda didn't know how many games he has played for the mighty Gulval. I seem to remember playing against Rhondda back when a young lady in a flowing dress did the kickoff for us, and the referee had a pipe and bowler hat. We all went back to the local to watch the Queen's Coronation lol lol lol. Rhondda kept my shorts seeing as he kept on grabbing them all game!!

I have played competitive matches for Illogan Combo and Reserves, (1987-90); Raymond Rovers (1990-1992); Redruth Utd (1993- to date); Porthleven Combo (1999, 3 games as a guest player at end of the season, and 2 goals!! Easy though when you're upfront with Dave N'Jie who did all the work).

Without wishing to sound too controversial, most clubs - Jerry Ede? (Done well with his new charges at Penzance Combo).

PLAYED for MORE THAN 15 YEARS CHEERS MIKE.......STARTED PLAYING IN 1992 FOR RAYMOND ROVERS AFTER 5 SEASONS OF RUGBY FOR ILLOGAN PARK,I WAS 22 AND 4 STONE LIGHTER THOSE WERE THE DAYS.JOHNNY WEBSTER MUST BE ONE OF THE LOYAL ONES CARRHARACK AND ROBARTES IS ALL I CAN REMEMBER HIM PLAYING 4. MIKE THE PHOTO OF THE MINING SELECT ON YOUR WEBSITE WHEN WE BEAT FAL -HEL AT ILLOGAN WHAT YEAR WAS THAT?

i started at 18 at porthleven, then onto ludgvan, chacewater, penryn, marazion, falmouth town, perranwell, illogan, troon, st agnes, perranwell again, holmans, st day and now at portreath age now 42 and still going but portreath will be my last club until i can no longer play.

Most of the moves where down to other clubs wanting me, i never went for money and was never ever paid to play, i am glad i moved around as i met and played with lots of great players and also found success with most of these clubs, although there are still players who will be loyal to one club they will become fewer and far between in the future i take my hat off to those who have and applaud you well done.

As for gerrard looking forward to our junior cup tie hope this time you will be playing or are you scared of the Buckley's????

yeah im scared of the buckleys especaily that blond one in goal,how you doing m8 ,sorry but i dont get many games thease days m8 so dont make any plans 4 me in junior cup,sad to hear portreath is your last club im still looking for quality ,never say never m8.and you can bring samo with you.see you soon darren .

I know the General will say I am old as the hills so have had the opportunity to play for many clubs - but here goes my 14 off

although 5 off I played for after I was 40 - and one or two are no longer in existence.

Paynters Lane End Methodist Youth club ( 6 of which went on the play senior football)

Illogan RBL, Carharrack, Holmans, Penzance, Porthleven in the Combo League

Heathcoates, Lanner, Troon, Pengegon, Praze, Wendron, Redruth United.

And Cruisers in the Vets

Played under lots of different managers - the best of which were Ernie Mills and Roger Toms at Illogan and Viv "Knocker" Kneebone at Troon.

I always say to players - if you are enjoying playing dont stop - you are an awful long time retired - and nothing matches the enjoyment of playing.

someone mentioned loyalty kevin and david tonkin are in their late thirtys and have never kicked a ball for anyone other than goonhavern they have been there in the lower leagues all the way up to where they are now and both are still playing to my knowledge which i think is pretty impressive :clapper: :clapper: