Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup - Saturday 5th December 2015

Cornwall Senior Cup 2nd Rd: 2pm

Bude Town         3-0          Pensilva

Camelford         0-3              St Austell

Carharrack          1-3             Godolphin Atlantic

Goonhavern     3-3   Porthleven (aet, Port won 3-2 on pens)

Holmans              1-2              Perranporth

Illogan RBL        1-4            Saltash United

Millbrook             3-0           Ludgvan

Morwenstow        0-6         Mousehole

Mullion               1-3        St Agnes 

Newquay            2-0        RNAS Culdrose

Penryn Athletic     8-0        Nanpean Rovers

St Blazey            2-4         Launceston (aet)

St Day                 0-5      Helston Athletic

Sticker                 0-2             Bodmin Town

Torpoint Athletic      7-1          Wadebridge Town

Wendron United        2-0           Probus

Edited by Dave Deacon
All results now showing

Bodmin have too much fire for Sticker and think it will be a easy win with Rocky neale getting yet another hat trick .Think the shock result of the round could be at Mt Wise with Culdrose beating Newquay who are having a bad time at the moment 

Well lets hope your right 100% Cornish, although i am anticipating a very difficult tie. I cant see Culdrose winning at Newquay as with the greatest respect they are struggling in two leagues below. With Newquay Reserves being top of the league Culdrose are in it just wont happen! I think Newquays run of 9 consecutive defeats will end tomorrow for sure

I would suggest if Camelford have advertised their game as ko is 2.30 - that's what it is.

Kick offs are provisionally set for 2, but I would imagine if a club has lights and the  opposition agree - they can be later though.

If other clubs have done likewise, hopefully they advertise the new kick off time appropriately as Camelford have done so that the public, including Big Al, are well aware in good time. :thumbsup:

Bude Town               v              Pensilva

Camelford                 v              St Austell

Carharrack                 v              Godolphin Atlantic

Goonhavern               v              Porthleven

Illogan RBL                v              Saltash United

Millbrook                       v              Ludgvan

Morwenstow                v              Mousehole

Newquay                      v              RNAS Culdrose

Penryn Athletic              v              Nanpean Rovers

St Blazey                        v              Launceston

St Day                             v              Helston Athletic

Sticker                            v              Bodmin Town

Torpoint Athletic               v              Wadebridge Town

Wendron United               v              Probus

Holman SC v Perranporth also......don't want to be left out I know we don't normally make the 2nd round ;)

.Holman SC v Perranporth also......don't want to be left out I know we don't normally make the 2nd round ;)

Even with Holman that is still only fifteen ties, doesn't there have to be another one somewhere for the knockout formula to work? I know that sums isn't my strong point, but still...

.Holman SC v Perranporth also......don't want to be left out I know we don't normally make the 2nd round ;)

Even with Holman that is still only fifteen ties, doesn't there have to be another one somewhere for the knockout formula to work? I know that sums isn't my strong point, but still...

I think a few teams have a bye and the same will happen in the next round too perhaps?

Just back from watching Sticker vs Bodmin nice people very welcoming to me and Smokie met Razor Ray nice bloke thanks for telling me the way to get home was a knightmare getting there down all these lanes .Ok on to the match 2 mistakes from the Sricker goalie both punsihed by Bodmin Players Shane Krac and Sam Matthews when the 1st Bodmin goal went in after 2 mins i thought this is going to be a hammering but it never came  The Sticker defence was outstanding today . Bodmin are a class side and when they can afford to have Carter Bevan and Simmons on the bench that shows what a team they have . Rocky Neale got injured and didnt come out for the 2nd half it looked a nasty foot injury because he was talking to 2 supprters by me and showed them his foot going to be a nasty bruise there i think . Hope Sticker get promoted they will not look out of place in the South Western Peninsula Premier be better having them in instead of a Devon team . My man of the match Shane Krac covered every blade of grass a quiet day for the brilliant Kevin MILLER but when called into action he did it with the class keeper he is . Well Done Sticker 

Just back from watching Sticker vs Bodmin nice people very welcoming to me and Smokie met Razor Ray nice bloke thanks for telling me the way to get home was a knightmare getting there down all these lanes .Ok on to the match 2 mistakes from the Sricker goalie both punsihed by Bodmin Players Shane Krac and Sam Matthews when the 1st Bodmin goal went in after 2 mins i thought this is going to be a hammering but it never came  The Sticker defence was outstanding today . Bodmin are a class side and when they can afford to have Carter Bevan and Simmons on the bench that shows what a team they have . Rocky Neale got injured and didnt come out for the 2nd half it looked a nasty foot injury because he was talking to 2 supprters by me and showed them his foot going to be a nasty bruise there i think . Hope Sticker get promoted they will not look out of place in the South Western Peninsula Premier be better having them in instead of a Devon team . My man of the match Shane Krac covered every blade of grass a quiet day for the brilliant Kevin MILLER but when called into action he did it with the class keeper he is . Well Done Sticker 

Thanks for that Steve and glad you got home ok. 

Ray

It certainly would be great to see Sticker in the swpl. but I am sure the swpl officials would not allow this to happen by inventing some ground qualification rules as they did with Perranporth a few years ago. Also they are not a Devon side !

Hope Sticker get promoted they will not look out of place in the South Western Peninsula Premier be better having them in instead of a Devon team .

There should be a Devon side in the Premier div.next season-I fancy unbeaten Tiverton Town with good facilities up to Southern League Premier standards

Edited by Mike Odgers

When Godolphin scored in the 17th, 20th and 21st minutes I wondered what I had let myself in for, but Carharrack stuck to their guns and even scored up the hill against the gale on 39. Goodolphin were forced to defend sometimes desperately in the 2nd half and were lucky that Carharrack were just a bit naive tactically. It wasn't just a strong wind, it was a gale, and shots from 30+ yards were a real option but the reds just didn't try it. Plus, piling nine players in the box for FKs and corners was so frustrating - no-one left 25yds out to capitalise on any half-clearances. With a bit more luck and better tactics they could have....

But footy is full of "could haves"!

Some really desperate defending by G at  the death plus time-wasting - not the easy victory they had thought at 3 - 0.

Edited by Tom Trust
spelling errors!

St Blazey 2v4 Launceston AET

Blazey 2 up and looking very comfortable. 

Then......

Mistake 1 defender dosnt put the ball out of play. 3 passes and 1 goal back. 

Mistake 2. We've got the ball in midfield. Ball forward and caught offside. No need to be offside. Quick free kick booted towards the box. We've switched off. Launceston player with a good finish. 

Mistake 3. Red card for swearing. Stupid. 

Mistake 3. Right back just has to smash the ball out of play. Bit no....tries taking the player on. Lost the ball. Ball in box. Goal. 

Mistake 4. Slight kick out. Another red. 

Launceston break away to add late 4th. 

Just thrown away 85 minutes hard work. Launceston didn't even look like scoring. 

Oh well......

Bigger game next Saturday.  Ivybridge home. 

Then......

Mistake 2. We've got the ball in midfield. Ball forward and caught offside. No need to be offside. Quick free kick booted towards the box. We've switched off. Launceston player with a good finish. 

Mistake 3. Right back just has to smash the ball out of play. Bit no....tries taking the player on. Lost the ball. Ball in box. Goal. 

Just thrown away 85 minutes hard work. Launceston didn't even look like scoring. 

Oh well......

To say Blazey dominated for 85mins is bollox. 

Blazey took a early lead with a well taken goal by Spear. 

Launceston although dominating possession don't look like scoring 1st half.

2nd half Launceston start better and find themselves 2down against run of play. 

The lead halfed by Launceston sub Head who changed the game.

the 2nd half dominated by Launceston to which finally equalise through Davey.

forces extra time, Spear sent for swearing at ref. Davey adds his 2nd goal.

another silly red for Blazey. Late goal 4-2

blazey slowly improving tho Danny Bance strong character who will improve them

Holman SC 1-2 Perranporth

Near perfect conditions at Blaythorne.....for kite flying!!! In this all combination senior cup tie Perranporth were the visitors for the first time in a few years to Holmans. Deciding to go for the tactic of with the wind first half hopefully get a couple of goals then park the bus 2nd half and re-enact rourkes drift without the annoying Welsh singing it seemed to be going well for at least the first 2 min until Colin Wheeler for Perranporth smacked one from about 20yds which looked to be going wide until some Jedi mind trick swerved the ball Roberts Carlos esq into the back of the net leaving rhino in the home teams goal rooted to the spot.....great start!!!! 

We got back into it slowly with Jack and Rory causing problems upfront although Perranporth looked dangerous on the counter with Luke Wort being all tricksy attacking our endwhich required a few last ditch tackles to keep us in it. We got back on level terms with an old man Lavo free kick and if yours truly could actually head a ball on target (twice!!!) from 5 yards out we might have gone in 3-1 up but HT 1-1

with the wind at their backs Perran were a threat for the next 45 and should have had a couple early on and you would bet your shirt, house and everything else on Luke scoring with a one on one with our goalie.....luckily for us he decided to play the game of lets go looking for the ball in the farmers field behind the goal instead! With 10 to go and the game looking like it was going to extra time Perran grabbed the winner and a place in the next round away to Helston.

So that's us out of the senior cup which is a shame as it would have been nice to travel to Helston for the away fixture and I have to say we would have been glad for the away tie as our 3 officials....why we don't just have the one is beyond me at this level just cost us £90....ouch!

Then......

Oh well......

To say Blazey dominated for 85mins is bollox. 

Blazey took a early lead with a well taken goal by Spear. 

Launceston although dominating possession don't look like scoring 1st half.

2nd half Launceston start better and find themselves 2down against run of play. 

The lead halfed by Launceston sub Head who changed the game.

the 2nd half dominated by Launceston to which finally equalise through Davey.

forces extra time, Spear sent for swearing at ref. Davey adds his 2nd goal.

another silly red for Blazey. Late goal 4-2

blazey slowly improving tho Danny Bance strong character who will improve them

Blazey certainly didn't dominate but they edged the 90 with more incisive football. Launceston did have more possession but "dominated" gives the wrong impression; they looked toothless and ponderous. Launceston could have had until Christmas (or at least ET) before they looked like creating a chance that wasn't gifted to them.

Goals one and three were absolutely ridiculous. Danny will want to coach that sort of play out of our full backs ASAP. Apparently the first sending off was for language, the second was a straight red, presumably for some serious foul play but I couldn't see it as the wall in front of the stand was in my way.

Well i told you all it wouldnt be easy for Bodmin at Sticker, full credit to the home side for staging a great afternoon for football. As for the game itself, we had a great start with a goal inside first 5 minutes to set us on our way. Credit to Sticker, on that performance i believe they would hold their own in the Premier. Class told in the end, another tough draw ahead.

Sticker did very well and they where without there 2 forwards Body and Nancarrow as well and if it was for 2 goal keeping errors it may of ended up 0-0 but Bodmin do play lovely football and the midfield play was outstanding didnt think Hobbs had a good game lost the ball too often Carter the better player .Well done to the G and Newquay as well 

Sticker did very well and they where without there 2 forwards Body and Nancarrow as well and if it was for 2 goal keeping errors it may of ended up 0-0 but Bodmin do play lovely football and the midfield play was outstanding didnt think Hobbs had a good game lost the ball too often Carter the better player .Well done to the G and Newquay as well 

Thanks 100% Cornish, Bodmin atvtimes played some great stuff. Your praise of Sticker however is justafied! Newquay were never going to lose to Culdrose, at least it gives them a welcome distraction from the league, they need a win in that now next weekend to end their awful league run. 

I feel sorry for St Blazey and the situation they are in but every time they lose it seems it is a referee decision that goes against them or mistakes by their own players. When you are at the bottom it seems that everything and everybody are against you. What they need to do is knuckle down and once they get a result more will follow. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

I feel sorry for St Blazey and the situation they are in but every time they lose it seems it is a referee decision that goes against them or mistakes by their own players. When you are at the bottom it seems that everything and everybody are against you. What they need to do is knuckle down and once they get a result more will follow. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

I find it hard for ANY team, at ANY level of football to blame individual errors, or the Ref/Linesman EVERY week. Thats just my opinion. I was talking to a chap yesterday down at Sticker & he was relishing the Derby games next season against St.Blazey, & if i am honest, as a Club & as a Team Sticker at present are way ahead of St.Blazey. Which if you count Senior Football Success over the years thats a pretty 'worrying' issue i should imagine for all at St.Blazey. Daniel is a nice guy, a warrior in his day on the pitch, but after so many games without a win,  i would say he is out of his depth at Management. There were even afew St.Blazey followers at the Sticker game yesterday!

I can't complain about the ref yesterday to be fair, I couldn't hear what happened for the first sending off and couldn't see for the second!

As for the mistakes, Blazey have been making them all season. The squad has improved since the start of the season and we're starting to see some performances under Danny Bance, but the defence are still making individual errors. At least we've got our keeper (and captain) back from injury as I think playing in front of a different keeper each week was contributing to the instability at the back.

If they can keep the recent performance levels up (Tavi / Ivybridge / Launceston) and start getting results from games instead of throwing them away with silly mistakes I still think Blazey will be okay come May.

Lets hope your right SteveM as time is starting to run out, with Stoke Gabriel & Elburton now putting a run together its vital for Blazey to start getting wins (although they would probably even take draws at present!) Talking to Blazey guys yesterday at Sticker,  they say Daniel  has had alot of backing from the good committee down at Blaise Park, & had more time/games than most probably would of after the poor results they been getting. If he was at Leeds United he would of been gone after 5 games!! Or maybe even 3!

Report from the SWPL site

Godolphin maintained their quest for a cup double with their second away win of the week ,albeit in less convincing fashion against a resolute opponent in blustery conditions,and earned a home tie against Torpoint in the process.

The Howard Beauchamp recreation ground,whilst not as picturesque as I’d envisaged,is more than competent with the pitch railed all around in wooden post form painted in the club colours.From the car park sited behind the goal a grey gabled building sits in the corner to the right that holds the small-sized dressing rooms and a refreshment facility.Down this side is a covered enclosure with two rows of flat bench seating amidst a low roof,the dugouts residing directly opposite in a slightly set-back location.Behind that is a banking and beyond some tall evergreen trees whereas the far end and right side have lower,deciduous variations;all in all not too bad a venue.

Another first,from a personal viewpoint,came when Shaun Semmens was not named as the visiting custodian,instead Nathan Prentice donning the number one jersey.This was in direct contrast with his namesake Anna,who is to be seen at many a club methinks!Anyway,he had a quiet opening as the Peninsula outfit controlled things early on,eventually scoring when Phil Lowry clipped a delicate shot over the keeper and into the far right corner.Three minutes later he hit the left post and in the follow-up the ball was scrambled over the line via defender and claimant Kane Trevaskis.A three goal in five minute spell concluded when Jamie Lowry powered down the right and let rip with a low strike that found the bottom left corner of the net.At that point a rout seemed inevitable but Godolphins innate ability to head the ball over rather than under the crossbar ensured that the game was still alive,especially when Carharrack pulled a goal back six minutes before the break as Ed Wilton fed strike partner Ryan Stephens on the left and the centre-forward netted with a low shot.

Quite how the second period ended without a goal will remain a mystery.Brad Leivers with two headers and Wilton spurned good opportunities for the hosts;Andy Savage’s side missing out as well on several occasions.A perfect summation came at the end when a series of corners resulted in the goalmouth scramble to beat all scrambles that saw the ball do everything bar the hokey-cokey and go over the line before the referee spotted a foul.Overall,though,it was an enjoyable contest,with the issuing of a programme a welcome bonus.Carharrack did very well and should be congratulated for their efforts on and off the field but the result was just about right.

December 9, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Godolphin maintained their quest for a cup double with their second away win of the week ,albeit in less convincing fashion against a resolute opponent in blustery conditions,and earned a home tie against Torpoint in the process.

The Howard Beauchamp recreation ground,whilst not as picturesque as I’d envisaged,is more than competent with the pitch railed all around in wooden post form painted in the club colours.From the car park sited behind the goal a grey gabled building sits in the corner to the right that holds the small-sized dressing rooms and a refreshment facility.Down this side is a covered enclosure with two rows of flat bench seating amidst a low roof,the dugouts residing directly opposite in a slightly set-back location.Behind that is a banking and beyond some tall evergreen trees whereas the far end and right side have lower,deciduous variations;all in all not too bad a venue.

Another first,from a personal viewpoint,came when Shaun Semmens was not named as the visiting custodian,instead Nathan Prentice donning the number one jersey.This was in direct contrast with his namesake Anna,who is to be seen at many a club methinks!Anyway,he had a quiet opening as the Peninsula outfit controlled things early on,eventually scoring when Phil Lowry clipped a delicate shot over the keeper and into the far right corner.Three minutes later he hit the left post and in the follow-up the ball was scrambled over the line via defender and claimant Kane Trevaskis.A three goal in five minute spell concluded when Jamie Lowry powered down the right and let rip with a low strike that found the bottom left corner of the net.At that point a rout seemed inevitable but Godolphins innate ability to head the ball over rather than under the crossbar ensured that the game was still alive,especially when Carharrack pulled a goal back six minutes before the break as Ed Wilton fed strike partner Ryan Stephens on the left and the centre-forward netted with a low shot.

Quite how the second period ended without a goal will remain a mystery.Brad Leivers with two headers and Wilton spurned good opportunities for the hosts;Andy Savage’s side missing out as well on several occasions.A perfect summation came at the end when a series of corners resulted in the goalmouth scramble to beat all scrambles that saw the ball do everything bar the hokey-cokey and go over the line before the referee spotted a foul.Overall,though,it was an enjoyable contest,with the issuing of a programme a welcome bonus.Carharrack did very well and should be congratulated for their efforts on and off the field but the result was just about right.

Who, Mike is the wordsmith responsible for this idiosyncratic piece of prose?

Who, Mike is the wordsmith responsible for this idiosyncratic piece of prose?

Or wordsworth even.