Cornwall Football Forum

West Cornwall Sunday League 21/10

Gerald Sobey Shield Quater Final first leg

Oxford 4 Camborne Park 1

Our best performance of the season saw us go 3-0 up after 20 mins with goals from Dan Richards (direct from a corner again) Tristan Day and Shane Davis, playing with a strong wind we dominated and should have been more than 3 up at half time, second half saw Camborne improve and using long balls over our defence with the wind saw them pull it back to 3-1 despite a great one on one save from our keeper Chris Traill. Second half sub Tom Rosenfeld scored our forth afetr a great though ball from steve hick giving us a usefull lead for the second leg

Sobey Shield 1st leg

Narrow away victory for Falmouth Albion at Crowntown.

With away ground advantage, crowntown should be odds on favourites to pull back the seven goal deficit.

"We have lulled them into a false sense of security by allowing them to score six goals." said the Crowntown Manager. "The seventh goal was a quality own goal where the defender cannoned the ball off a team-mate to give the keeper no chance. That seventh goal may make our task a little more than the straightforward one we had schemed for."

Crowntown 0 Falmouth Albion 7 (Seven) (I've seen them do that on the telly)

Guest Tremough Defender

Gerald Sobey Shield QF (First Leg) Regent 2- 5 Tremough FC.

Tough first half, We weren't really at our best and Regent caused us some problems. They hit the cross bar, and forced our keeper to make a couple of saves. Half Time 1-1. Second half we upped our game and ran out 5 - 2 winners. Bring on the second leg.

Jj

Guest Tremough Defender

We are pretty lucky this year, we have had some quality players sign for us but I ain't gonna tell you who to watch out for! I am pretty confident of our ability this year.

We have kept about 7 players from last year. Myself, Sam, Luke, Craig, Olly, Ryan, and Bruce. I think that's probably it from last year. Who are you playing for this year, didn't see you at Albion.

Guest Tremough Defender

Ah, our bogey team. We never seem to be able to beat Threemilestone. Hopefully this is the year that changes.

Albion was a good match (Apart from the result). I wouldn't say we were all over them, I certainly think we had the majority of possesion and probably more chances, just they took their chances and we.....didn't.

Yeah Craig is still playing, although has hasn't be able to make a few training sessions etc...

....dean and jake can have a lie in this sunday as Richard does not want a game this weekend .

CAMBORNE PARK V TRURO GWRSA

SHORTLANESEND V M/PAD UNITED

are the only rearranged league matches .............

CCFA CUP 1/4 FINALS ....If you fancy watching one of them instead

FALMOUTH ALBION V GLOWETH pick of the ties so covered by sky sports !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

HALSETOWN V REGENT

TREMOUGH V OXFORD

WENDRON V BOOTERS

Tremough v Oxford Inn (Sunday Cup 2nd Round).

They will probably be up for this one as we had them 7-1 last time we played.

Well up for it! 2nd half against your lot last time out we capitulated after the your 4th goal. A lot of our heads dropped because we were well in the game up to that point and in all honesty 7-1 was flattering to you. Great respect to your team, you played some fantastic football around us but looking forward to Sunday and what i'm sure will be a more credible result.

Guest el nino

FALMOUTH ALBION V GLOWETH pick of the ties so covered by sky sports !!!

Well said Zebedee, i hope we get a big crowd, hope people arent going to be put of coming just because they can watch it at home on Sky Sports. :(:( LOL. :drink::c: :thumbsup:

Guest el nino

Yes mate unbeaten in all comps, it will be a very very tough game on sunday, but if we play like we know we can we have a good shout against them. :drink:

EL - Nino, Good luck to you and. Gloweth, on Sunday. It has the makings of a great match. being the holders. our lads are right up for this one .and we will give you the respect that your. League and cup form

warrents. from all connected with Falmouth albion. :clapper::thumbsup: :clapper: