Constantine    0-10    Trevenson United     
Gwinear Churchtown  0-8    Mawnan         
St Day Reserves   1-9    St Buryan         
Threemilestone   1-0    Mousehole Reserves         

Russell Hall Cup
Mawnan Reserves    2-0    St Buryan Reserves

Edited by Dave Deacon

Mabe 4 - 2 Frogpool

A good game today and the away team deservedly took all 3 points. Breaking down Frogpool and taking their chances well. Dave Thomas scoring twice Marc Rose and Matt Gilbert scoring for Mabe. 

This is an excellent result for Mabe who bounce back from last week and Frogpool after drawing 6-6 leave with nothing. Good game well reffed by the young lad

Chacewater 4-3 lizard argyle. Great game to be a part of both teams attacked and defended well and some good goals scored as well as a couple of 'flukey' goals. Both teams played it in great spirits and we'll reffed by nigel nicholls. Nice to see a ref doing all he can not to get his cards and just wanted the game to be played! May have annoyed a couple of lizard players as there was 1 or 2 fouls that definitely warranted a booking but fair play to the lizard lads as they accepted from the ref and got on with the game. Look forward to the league game at their place later in the season could be a vital match for both teams later on in the season 

psc 

st just 1 -13 mabe

a bit one sided but st just did get forward and had a few shots scoring a very late consolation goal . mabe had a penalty in the last minute which for the 2nd time in as many weeks i made the trip from my box up to the other only for the keeper to save it. annoying. 

mabe this week had ex turkish international ozgur kudat  who came on and scored a goal and  was absolutely sensational my man of the match and you can really see how he was a act class at at trabzonspor  

Pendeen 9 Praze 3

for the second week running Pendeen faced a 3-1 halftime score line but this week managed to turn it around within 5 mins of the restart and went on to win quite comfortably .Praze deservedly led at half time with a good hat trick from Jake Hinchcliffe .Pendeen had a stroke of luck within a minute of the restart when a Praze defender deflected a Silas Sullivan cross into his own net and within 4mins were winning4-3.Good game played in good spirits and well refereed by Neil Harvey who did not feel the need to show any cards which is always nice to see at any level unlike last week when the ref seemed to think the ccfa needed money in a similar game.Pendeen scorers Chris Bullock5,og,Christian Whittaker,and a Luke Gallier free kick and a cracking 30 yarder from Andrew Annis.

Trelawny Div 2

Storm 1-3 Holman Sports Club

After missing in action since Feb due to annoying work stuff in far flung hot places I dragged my sorry Arse out of retirement.....again! For a jolly little trip to play storm at the well know football Cornish Mecca of Clijah Croft. In great Holmans tradition we were scraping for a side but luckily we kidnapped a couple of people at pool enroute so actually had a massive flush 12 on arrival and clearly we are all over this 5 player rolling sub thing!!!  Playing under the new (for this season) management team of Mark 'pallister' Richards and Craig 'peg leg' gingani my hopes of easing myself back in were unceremoniously dashed and I was plonked in at centre half.....negating the pre match warm up as I was a bit tired following my vital pre match preparation of going on the lash till 0200 we took to the field and promptly took the Micky out of new goalie Nathan who was suffering from the usual goalkeeping top debacle that had basically resulted in us raiding the archives at the club to find something that former goalkeeping legend Dave Jull had previously worn in 1986 modelled on the infamous top worn by Harold Schumacher in the 82 World Cup...colourful is the word!!!! This may have been to our advantage as clearly the top put off the storm forwards combined with the fact Nath must have been informed Sky Sports were in attendance as he pulled off a few worldies!

playing with the wind first half because a) we are lazy and b ) theirs always a chance to get subbed......if you have more then 1!!!! Holmans started brightly and went 1-0 up in the first half....painting the goals right before kick off helped the away side as a shot ricocheted off an upright from storm and at half time Holmans were defending the slender 1 goal lead. 2nd half storm with the wind behind their backs which I swear felt like it was clearly up to hurricane state 8 and I'm sure I saw the local population of Redruth running for cover. It wasn't the wind but the freaky sun that came out terrorising everyone's night Vision and a storm corner went str8 in....we probably shouldn't have had two vertically challenged wizard of oz munchkin auditionees on the posts however prior planning and all that!! Luckily Jordan was being all trixie down the left resulting us taking the lead again and a 3rd gave us a cushion.....true to form I decided to make things interesting for the last 10min by cuddling the centre fwd resulting in a penalty but Nath pulled off another banksy and I mean the English World Cup goalie not the mysterious bloke from Bristol with a can of spray paint and for the last 5 min we entertained ourselves by continuously passing to Nige Hambly down the left wing who I can safely say was suffering in the knackered knee department like me (old age) and he at one point broke into a jog ;)

final score 1-3 and a lovely 3 points - next week a trip to the never windy or cold culdrose.......can't wait it will be like a bus mans holiday

A very good game of football at frogpool today. 2 teams at the top of the early table looking to keep pushing towards promotion

good football on show from both mabe and frogpool. Both sides started a little nervous, trying to get a feel of the game. We took the lead through a deflected free kick that sent the keeper the wrong way. Frogpool equalised pretty much straight away, poor marking at a corner leaving a free head in the 6 yard area. We pushed hard again to get back in front and it came just on the stroke of half time. Some good work down our left and a great cross for a volley in at the back post. Half time 2-1

mabe started slow after the interval, frogpool came out as expected, trying to get an equaliser. It never came and our 3rd followed after 15 minutes of the 2nd half. A 4th from distance followed shortly after and now we were looking comfortable. Frogpool pushed again, pushing more men forward but the mabe defence held firm. Another frogpool goal did come but was merely a consolation goal as we saw the game out to stay top of the league, well at least for the next week or so as we have no game for 2 weeks

Quick mention for the referee today, young lad in charge of a top of the table clash, being assessed, was in complete control and made a lot of calls that an experienced official would be proud of. That young man has a good future as an official in front of him and will go very high up the leagues if he continues that high standard of officiating 

a good game of football to play in and for the 20 or so spectators that were there. For all the attacking flair of frogpool, just couldn't find a way to break us down and take control of the game. We defended in numbers and attacked at pace causing problems for frogpool all over the pitch. Will be a close league in division 4 with a lot of good teams looking for promotion and even the title 

Edited by fal lad
Extra info

psc u

st just 1 -13 mabe

a bit one sided but st just did get forward and had a few shots scoring a very late consolation goal . mabe had a penalty in the last minute which for the 2nd time in as many weeks i made the trip from my box up to the other only for the keeper to save it. annoying. 

mabe this week had ex turkish international ozgur kudat  who came on and scored a goal and  was absolutely sensational my man of the match and you can really see how he was a act class at at trabzonspor  

Geachy, I take it Mabe have gained international clearance by the Turkish FA for him to play in the Trelawny League? 

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/registrations/notes-on-international-clearances-13-14.ashx

Div 2

Helston 3rds 11  v Lanner 2

Blew lanner away with 4 goals in first 18 minutes. ..then 6 nil half time....two quick second half goals made it 8-0...then lanner pulled 2 quick goals back before we scored another 3. Well reffed by Matt Carney

Helston scorers 

Chris Matthews x 4

Ben Trerise x3

Liam Eddy 

Lewis Hall

Jevon Nolan

Dom Hannaford 

west cornwall res 4 mariners 1.mariners had the better off the 1st half only managing the 1 goal thou to cancel out robertas early goal for the home side,in the 2nd half the wests 1st team players showed there extra quality to get the 3 points for there reserve side.good bunch off boys but shame it wasnt the same reserve team who we beat in the league cup 4-2 two weeks ago,seems bizarre west cornwall 1st team!!! calling off there game coz 3 or 4 players attending a referees course then.

west cornwall res 4 mariners 1.mariners had the better off the 1st half only managing the 1 goal thou to cancel out robertas early goal for the home side,in the 2nd half the wests 1st team players showed there extra quality to get the 3 points for there reserve side.good bunch off boys but shame it wasnt the same reserve team who we beat in the league cup 4-2 two weeks ago,seems bizarre west cornwall 1st team!!! calling off there game coz 3 or 4 players attending a referees course then.

thanks for the concern, the reason as stated for postponing the 1st team game was 2 players and the manager doing the referee course trying to help sort the shortage of refs situation, and for your knowledge only Robertas was playing from our first team squad this season. Toby has played one game for each side and Ian 2 for each I believe so not first team, they may have been last season but seasons change. 

Sorry for not repeating the exact same side/ tactics you beat a few weeks ago, I thought the idea was to try and win games and using prior experience to change the way you play, update tactics and learn from mistakes to get a better result next time. 

scorers were

Robertas, Joe, Monty and Ian

Edited by West Cornwall FC
Add scorers

psc u

st just 1 -13 mabe

Geachy, I take it Mabe have gained international clearance by the Turkish FA for him to play in the Trelawny League? 

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/registrations/notes-on-international-clearances-13-14.ashx

I was taking the         mate .  

Pendeen 9 Praze 3

for the second week running Pendeen faced a 3-1 halftime score line but this week managed to turn it around within 5 mins of the restart and went on to win quite comfortably .Praze deservedly led at half time with a good hat trick from Jake Hinchcliffe .Pendeen had a stroke of luck within a minute of the restart when a Praze defender deflected a Silas Sullivan cross into his own net and within 4mins were winning4-3.Good game played in good spirits and well refereed by Neil Harvey who did not feel the need to show any cards which is always nice to see at any level unlike last week when the ref seemed to think the ccfa needed money in a similar game.Pendeen scorers Chris Bullock5,og,Christian Whittaker,and a Luke Gallier free kick and a cracking 30 yarder from Andrew Annis.

I refereed the game last week at Mullion and I don't take any delight  in booking or sending players off but I had to speak 2 times to each captain and 2 times to both dug outs. As this did not work the option was to use the card. Im sorry if you disagreed with me but I felt this was the only option left for me to control the game

B)

Re: West Cornwall res game

Apologies, my phone has gone mental. Makes me laugh how people complain about clubs playing 1st team players or 'ringers.'

1) Need to get all the facts correct before posting.

2) We are a CLUB, not 2 teams. Any club would do the same as long as it's within the rules.

3) As was stated, only 1 player, who came off at h/t, was actually a 1st team player.  Does it really matter at this level though, our 1st team are only a junior side so I can't see that 1 player will make that much of a difference. The fact is we actually played better than we did 2 weeks ago, didn't give away soft goals, and you weren't as good yesterday. Looking for excuses won't wash with anyone. You can only beat what's in front of you, and be it 1 or 2 different players makes no odds. Stop bloody whinging and get on with it. We've had it against us before, it happens, we don't get paid if we win games so just enjoy it!

While I'm here, I'd like to make a public apology to Dave Bartlam and everyone else on the referee course. I left the course yesterday, I have my reasons which I won't make public, but ultimately after learning a bit about it, I didn't think it was for me. However I wish all the guys and girl the best for the remainder and for their exam and hope they get what they want from the course.

The league called our 1st team game off too due to the ref course, not us!

Edited by ballsax

Just a quick reminder to any Trelawny league teams wishing to have a little report in the Sunday Independent, just text me on 07455987850 before 7pm on a Saturday evening with result, scorers etc. Trying to give a mention to as many teams and players as I can throughout the season. It's a great league, let's promote it as much as we can!! Cheers gents.  ⚽️?

Edited by RAPPO

Frogpool Reserves 2 - 4 Mabe Reserves

Weren't at the races at all, by far the worst we've performed all season.Failed to defend well and lacked movement going forward. The midfield battle was probably the only victory we had to be honest. Full credit to Mabe, deserved the win, took their chances well  and punished us. Lacked commitment and energy from the warm up.

Credit to the young lad, Rowan Clarke, who refereed the game. By far the best official we've had all season and at only 16 years old. I really hope he pursues refereeing because he allowed play to go on when he could and controlled the game brilliantly.

Sent off the Mabe midfielder Ryan Caddy towards the end of the game and wasn't scared to be decisive.

Gave him a bit of a hard time during the match due to frustration which I apologised for after the match, good luck to him in the future.

Mabe are now five points clear at the top of the table,  and we need to get back on track against St Erme next week before a gap starts to form. With probus, Newlyn Lions, Falmouth DC, St Erme and Camborne Town all performing as well as ourselves and Mabe, Division four is going to be extremely close this season

Also shout out to the young lad at Left back for Mabe Reserves, man of the match for me.

Not a sore loser Fudge? As the previous posts have mentioned, Robertas was the only first team player. I've only played a game each for each side and Chats is similar. If we could always face the same sides with the same outcomes each week it'd be pretty pointless playing, wouldn't it? Anyway, see you in a few weeks..you'll probably be complaining that reserve teamers are playing for the first team, or something equally ridiculous.

Trelawny Division 5

24th October 2015

Trevenson Reserves 2-2 Penzance Reserves

The players waited and waited but he didn't turn up. No referee, but the game went ahead when a lad who seemed to be known to players on both sides was persuaded to take up the whistle, for which we were all grateful.

After a morning of rain it dried up in time for Trevenson to kick off up the slight slope at their ground. As a game the first hour belonged on the whole to Penzance, followed by 20 minutes of Trevenson ascendancy with Penzance spending the final five minutes camped in their opponents half looking for a winner.

With the wind and slope Penzance take the lead in the 4th minute despite the best efforts of Trevenson's Man of the Match, their keeper who bounced around his area like Bambi. Penzance break on their left with Henry Rowe, who squares the ball for the keeper to push away and Phil Tanser is first to react knocking the ball into the net at the back post.

Penzance on top as they break again and again. Long shots are grabbed by the keeper or pushed away for corners. In one attack, Alex Ralph flicks the ball just wide with the keeper scrambling to keep his footing in the mud-pool of a goalmouth.

A long Magpies ball from the back is flipped over and the keeper makes a great leaping dive to push the ball around the post.

Then Trevenson are awarded a weak penalty that sees one of their players go over a foot. It is taken but Penzance keeper Simon Mortimer leaps to his right and blocks it.

The game goes back and forth for the rest of the half with some wayward shooting from both sides.

With a minute to half-time the referee awards another penalty for a foot to hand infringement. This time no mistake, 1-1.

H-T

Trevenson take advantage of the slope and wind from the start of the second period and get their noses in front in the 51st minute. They charge down the left, cross for a great turn and volley from 10yds. The name of the scorer was Stuart ??? as both their goals were scored by a Stuart, one Osborne the other Richardson.

Lots of Trevenson pressure now as the Penzance mid-field seem to go missing for a while, either not backing up their strikers or their defenders. They did this their previous game.

Trevenson have a series of corners with the best chance, a header skimming the bar.

Penzance on the other hand try a few long range shots that the keeper gobbles up.

With time running out Penzance are awarded a free-kick, 35yds from goal, wide right. Five minutes left could they get back in it. The ball is knocked in long to the back post and Phil Harvey pushes his way through to nod in and make it 2-2.

Final few minutes sees some frantic attacking but both sides have to settle for a draw.

Edited by cornishteddyboy

Weren't at the races at all, by far the worst we've performed all season.Failed to defend well and lacked movement going forward. The midfield battle was probably the only victory we had to be honest. Full credit to Mabe, deserved the win, took their chances well  and punished us. Lacked commitment and energy from the warm up.

Credit to the young lad, Rowan Clarke, who refereed the game. By far the best official we've had all season and at only 16 years old. I really hope he pursues refereeing because he allowed play to go on when he could and controlled the game brilliantly.

Sent off the Mabe midfielder Ryan Caddy towards the end of the game and wasn't scared to be decisive.

Gave him a bit of a hard time during the match due to frustration which I apologised for after the match, good luck to him in the future.

Mabe are now five points clear at the top of the table,  and we need to get back on track against St Erme next week before a gap starts to form. With probus, Newlyn Lions, Falmouth DC, St Erme and Camborne Town all performing as well as ourselves and Mabe, Division four is going to be extremely close this season

Also shout out to the young lad at Left back for Mabe Reserves, man of the match for me.

our left back is 16, lad is fearless and is coming on very well from the quiet lad that turned up for pre season training. I put him in against penryn 3rds in the summer and he hasn't been out of the starting 11 since!

our left back is 16, lad is fearless and is coming on very well from the quiet lad that turned up for pre season training. I put him in against penryn 3rds in the summer and he hasn't been out of the starting 11 since!

quality defender mate!