Cornwall Football Forum

COMBO EVENING GAMES

Guest WINNO

CAN ANYONE PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME ON Y. SO MANY EVENING GAMES ARE BEING PLAYED BY CERTAIN CLUBS IN THE JCCL. I KNOW THEY HAVE LIGHTS BUT SURELY TO BE PLAYING SO MANY GAMES WILL LEAVE BIG BLANK SATURDAYS FOR LOTS OF OTHER TEAMS IN A MINUTE.......

:drink: :thumbsup:

The more you can play now seems like a good idea to me the footy season goes on too long now days, no sooner do you finish the season than you are into pre season training.

If the fixture secretary does his job right it should benefit all sides.

My point was fellas why don't we all do that for the 1st couple of months of the season. Some teams are going to have played nearly 10 games more than the rest of us in a minute. Itwont stop the backlog of games niether because not enough of us have got the games in???????

Didn't the league say that every team who are a reserve team - Penryn, Truro, Falmouth, Newquay, Penzance and Porthleven and have floodlights must be able to play mid-week.

They then ask the other teams if they are willing to play mid-week at these grounds and only Culdrose agreed. Culdrose agreed because they start their season later than everyone else plus take a month off over Chrstmas. So playing mid-week helps them catch up on games played.

The rest of the teams are given the choice to play mid-week but won't as they don't want to play 2nd teams packed with 1st teamers. Silly really as you can't beat an evening game. The only problem is using Tuesdays as half the time there are matches on telly which keeps the crowds down.

Winno next season if you are in the league get whoever makes the decisions at your club to agree to play mid-week games and tell the league at the AGM and the fixture secretary will sort it out for you.

Guest blue203

I know Culdrose play a lot of Tuesday games to catch up with there late start to the season, and to cover the Christmas break.. unsurprisenly they come up against a lot of stronger teams than if they played these teams on a Saturday (which i'm not blaming them for doing, thats what club sqds are for)