Cornwall Football Forum

Willand Rovers 1-3 Truro City

Guest tom@white tigers

Guest tom@white tigers

Willand Rovers 1-3 Truro City :yahoo:

Joe Broad, Stewart Yetton and Jake Ash with the goals. :clapper:

100% record still intact. :c:

Keep it up Truro City. :thumbsup:

I thought it was a very professional looking performance with Willand not really causing the Truro defence any real problems. Playing football all over the park.

Joe Broad getting back to his best and seems to bring out a better performance in Marcus Martin.

Stewart Yetton started, scored and added the humour at the end of the afternoon in his interview. Although Webby wasn't too far away in case Yets threatened to get a bit controversial!

Guest Doomer17

lol!...wake up guys.. Its blatently obvious Truro city are going to get promoted, and u all know it which is the most annoying part.. I should bloody hope so n all, considering they have ex pro/semi professionals playing for them, who have played league football for professional clubs. Its all down to money, and without Truro city would still be playing against the likes of Blazey,Penzance e.t.c week in week out.

Dont get me wrong, its a good thing for cornish football but thats becoming a bit of a cliche rite? Start getting carried away when there like a step down from playing the likes of Weymouth e.t.c, not when there humiliating sides who havent had the fortune.

Also, i dont want the city fans to send hate replys saying im one of the people hating the Truro legacy, im not, im just sitting on the fence casting opinions, i dont hate it, it is good for cornish soccer and i wish them the best success.

Now, Doomer17, I am _not_ accusing you of hating Truro or being negative, but in defense of the Truro Supporters' careful 'modesty' about the promotion chances, let me just point out that part of the problem for us is that if we say "we hope we win promotion" somebody says "of course you will, with that overpaid lot" and if we say "we will get promoted" somebody else will say "you lot at Truro are all so arrogant" -- so I'm going to stick with the cliches, thank you, about games being settled on the pitch, lots of soccer yet to play, anything can happen, higher quality of the Premier division (precious few humiliations on offer), etc.

And here's to hoping for promotion! :drink: