Cornwall Football Forum

LIFETIME BANS FOR SEVEN TRURO FANS

Taken from the West Briton (Copyright) - RHOD MITCHELL

Link - Truro City Supporters Banned

Truro City have banned seven supporters for life in a crackdown on bad behaviour at Treyew Road.It is part of a zero tolerance policy adopted by the Western League premier division leaders whose crowds have grown considerably.

The lifetime bans come as result of incidents at the ground during the FA Cup tie against Bath City earlier this month. The club's director of football Chris Webb told Briton Sport that they had taken the action after complaints about foul and racist language and general bad behaviour from certain supporters.

"We have families coming to our games and they should not be subjected to that type of behaviour," he said.

"We are determined to stamp it out and anyone who does not comply with the rules and regulations will be banned for life. We want to be a family club and had to act."

Extra stewards were on duty at Saturday's home game with Bristol Manor Farm to ensure those banned did not get into the match.

Drinking outside of the clubhouse has also been banned and the club have contacted the Western League officials and other clubs about the situation.

The club are also co-operating fully with the British Transport police after a Bath City fan was attacked at Truro railway station by alleged City supporters following the FA Cup tie.

Webb also said that all the players were keen to go full time next season if City win promotion.

"They are all up for it," he said, "but of course we must make sure we go up first."

Guest Helston Patriot

Will these "fans" pictures be sent around the county grounds? Just a thought as after all they will still end upat away games. Personally i wouldn't want them at Helston watching!

Guest Helston Patriot

WELL DOES THIS MEAN Marcus Martin IS GETTING A LIFETIME BAN TOO????

HOW WILL THE FANS FEEL IF PLAYERS GET AWAY WITH FIGHTING??

??? Explain...

Think thats one that's yet to come out HP!! police investigation going on involving a Bristol Manor Farm player!!

In respect of what the Truro Statement says about foul and abusive language! Blimey, they could ban dozens of people from all grounds for that!! I would say that they have been banned for a little bit more than that!!

Will these "fans" pictures be sent around the county grounds? Just a thought as after all they will still end upat away games. Personally i wouldn't want them at Helston watching!

A big test on Saturday as Truro travel to Willand Rovers(Devon)-one of their nearest fixtures and a top of the table clash.

Hope the "Banned" find this a distance too far,it would be unfair on the Willand club to cope with extra stewarding and confrontation.

The problem is most Combo teams don't have a pay gate to stick up posters or pictures. You can't expect someone (such as at Perranwell) who goes around with a wooden collection box during the match to have to try and eject someone or have to call the police.

I'm afraid these people will still get to watch their beloved Truro at quite a few games within the County if they want and probably quite a few away Western League games.

What gets me is that the man who got beaten up at the statin was 36 and the suspects are also in their mid 30's. It does not sound like football violence but a couple of drunks having a go.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Whilst I appluad the sentiment, if these so called 'fans' are not named and shamed as a previous poster requested, how are we to know that action has actually been taken, as opposed to a statement making the club sound good ?

Truro should give the banned 'fans' names and city/town/village/hamlet of residence so that other clubs can be aware of potential troublemakers in their area.

Ha ha! Can't exactly see them following the Reserves or Third team! Not enough glam!!!

The point is well taken, but with wins like 7-1 and 11-0, I'd say there's plenty of glam in the Reserves and the Thirds!

Thank you for the explanation, Allforone -- when the time comes they should be named!

I think everyone would like to know who these characters are so that clubs can be warned. Unfortunately there is the problem of legal process and it would not be in anyones interest to name and shame now, if one or more of these people is actually guilty of anything or can find a slick lawyer to defend them.

Guest TruroLad

i think the seven truro fans in question were the one's who organised mini busses and coaches to go to away games outside of the supporters club. i believe they are the ones who sing at the matches and create a vast majority of the atmosphere, a small loss but a huge gain and step forward for truro though as far as violence is concerned.

although surely the players should also be issued with a ban or fine from the club just to let them know that violent behaviour from them will not be accepted either, same rules should apply to everyone not just fans.

very true truro lad, they want to become professionals they must surely then need to act like professionals & take punishments like yep professionals!!

will truro become the next millwall?!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Millwall as in 'No One Likes Us, We Don't Care', I have heard that the small section who sing at Truro have used that particular line in the past...... at least they got the first half right !

Those who have bullied their way around the Western League, would have come unstuck against some of the bigger clubs as they moved up the pyramid, mind you they did get a taste of their own medicine in Brighton. No doubt they will go back to watching Sky in the pubs with their Premiershit shirts on.... well done Mr Heaney on your recent actions including visiting the injured Bath City fan !!!

I don't think it will be as much of a problem for Truro once these peoples names and faces are known, people tend to stick up for their principles down here and will probably see them off before they get anywhere near a Truro City match.

I thought the FA banned alcohol at grounds for FA competitions?

Fair play for Truro in taking immediate action.

(xiv) Refreshment facilities for spectators must be provided in all areas. Clubs shall provide a tea bar for the sale of hot and cold drinks and snacks for spectators during ties in a Clubhouse or other suitable location. Refreshments, including alcohol served in glasses or glass bottles will not be permitted outside of the Clubhouse or brought into grounds to be consumed during ties

above quoted from FA directive. Truro actually slow in taking action.

Guest Helston Patriot

WELL DOES THIS MEAN Marcus Martin IS GETTING A LIFETIME BAN TOO????

HOW WILL THE FANS FEEL IF PLAYERS GET AWAY WITH FIGHTING??

Any news on this now? Surely this hasn't just been forgotten?