Cornwall Football Forum

Women's International team vs Cornish recreationals

So I'm hoping my thread title is suitably misleading to have led you here :) There is no such game taking place but I'd like to speculate.

My inspiration is obvious but the answer to my question is less so in my opinion. If a national women's team played against a local Cornish side, let's say for arguments sake a combination side, who would win? (more times on average thus being the superior side overall). What about better sides like SWPL or Truro 1st's etc? Is it even close in your opinion?

French Ladies v Porthleven Reserves

Germany Ladies v Mullion

Canada Ladies v Hayle

:D

Well it was just a hypothetical scenario, we know it's not going to happen in real life. Really it's just a dressed up way of asking how we think the standard of women's football compares to men's football and what levels would be comparable. 

So I think the men's teams would be physically better but technically much worse and probably lacking in fitness. With teams like Truro City 1st or Peninsula sides I think they'd beat a women's international side. But combo sides wouldn't have enough quality in my opinion.

How about local teams playing some of the mens minnows like San Marino or Liechtenstein or Andorra?

​Yeah that's a cool idea, Gibraltar v Truro City. I genuinely think that would be a close game even though Gibraltar have some professionals. Maybe someone at Truro can make that game happen? Would be a great money spinner :D

How about local teams playing some of the mens minnows like San Marino or Liechtenstein or Andorra?

​They'd lose every time.

​Yeah I have to agree, their players play like low level pro leagues where they are involved in champions league and so on, so they're no mugs.