Cornwall Football Forum

Confirmed SWPL 2015-16 transfers

Mike it is the same John Elliot, my dad played in that game and I was there as a very young boy.Mid Cornwall won the Junior cup again in the early seventies beating Truro Hendra at Treyew Road.Cheers Bill.

​I will never forget that day as Two coaches left for Bugle that day and we never left the Bugle Inn until closing time

Dave Rickard good player but not a prem player and won't improve us jake ash would of been perfect I am positive the manager will be setting his sights higher with new signings not that we need any 

Muzz could easily play prem football, Bodmin already have shown some interest in him so that must say something. ! 

£250 signing on fee n £65 a game I heard Lee,any news on this money man?

The second batch of confirmed SWPL transfers from their site:

Devon clubs are busy:....

Latest Transfers :

023    Warren Daw   From : St Blazey   To : Tavistock

024    Daniel Evans   From : St Blazey   To : Tavistock

025    Bobby Hopkinson   From : Bodmin Town   To : Tavistock

026    Jack Ord   From : Elburton Villa   To : Tavistock

027    Liam Parnell   From : Callington Town   To : Tavistock

028    Ryan Swain   From : St Blazey   To : Tavistock

029    Danny Zalick   From : Saltash United   To : Tavistock

030    Mike Arscott   From : Torpoint Athletic   To : Launceston

031    Scott Blatchford   From : Torpoint Athletic   To : Launceston

032    Matthew Thackeray   From : Torpoint Athletic   To : Bovey Tracey

033    Ashley Piggott   From : Dobwalls   To : Bovey Tracey

034    David Youldon   From : Bude Town   To : Saltash United

035    Chris Maskell   From : Tavistock   To : Plymstock United

036    Simon May   From : Launceston   To : Plymstock United

037    Ray Spear   From : St Blazey   To : Plymstock United

038    William Westlake   From : Elburton Villa   To : Plymstock United

039    Brett Wright   From : Budleigh Salterton   To : Exwick Villa

040    Christopher West   From : St Blazey   To : Bovey Tracey

041    Dan Rankin   From : Galmpton United   To : Brixham

042    Sam Chitty   From : Elburton Villa   To : Tavistock

043    Lewis Coombes   From : St Blazey    To : Tavistock

044    Alex Ahearn   From : Wadebridge Town   To : Newquay

045    Luke Haworth   From : Wadebridge Town   To : Newquay

Newquay have made some excellent signings and i think will have a excellent season and can see a top 10 finish in the league possibly 8th but it will be the Gs Season again and will go for a 4th or 5th finish . Cant see many teams troubling St Austell except Parkway and Bodmin can see new comers Helston doing well with the lad Goldsworthy in the team unless another team takes him b4 the Season starts 

Helston will finish above neighbours Falmouth regardless of who leaves. I reckon mid table easily, maybe higher.

​Both Newquay and Falmouth seem to be strengthening, Helston on the other hand.....

Only just managed to get promoted and seem to be loosing a few of last years stronger players. Admittedly Goldy is the man in which they will need to keep hold of, butwill he have enough behind him??

Bottom 5 for me, Helston, Cullompton, Ellbuton, Falmouth, Stoke Gabriel (not in that order)

Edited by mutant35

Think Helston could struggle, with Young signing for St Austell and Matty Lloyd signing for Newquay it could be a long old slog.

You might well be right but  i think both were struggling to make the team this season Matty stepped in at the end of last season to help with promotion but started from the bench most games and Charlie is having problems with injurys and fitness,the boys that have signed look like good signings but lets wait for the first game and then Theo you might want to retract your rash statement

Dave speaking of St.Dennis am i right that Whetts is heading that way?

I asked him sat nite wen out on the beer with him n he sed only if he wasn't wanted in town,seeing as he picked up joint managers player of the season I'd find it hard that laffs wud give him the boot this season unless he does something silly or just fancies a change.

The only other reason he'd leave is if st Dennis dug deep n parted with several ££££££££ lol

If whetters were to leave for st Dennis that might pave the way for young dave Rickard to join ur crowd at Bodmin which would b a decent signing,again money talks tho wonder if theo Medlins can shed any light on this?

Spoke to wettsy last night at Trevisco working men's club. Confirmed he will be staying at St Austell. I am happy to put my money where my mouth is...... Helston bottom three. Muzzy will not leave Dennis he has a long standing agreement with the managers lee and Carl to stay put.

??? 

sign some players please st austell disappointing so far. We cant stand still! so far we have got a crocked player from Helston  and an unproven youngster from sticker. I know we are strong allready but even top team in the prem like Chelsea don't stand still and rest on there laurels after a successful season

sign some players please st austell disappointing so far. We cant stand still! so far we have got a crocked player from Helston  and an unproven youngster from sticker. I know we are strong allready but even top team in the prem like Chelsea don't stand still and rest on there laurels after a successful season

"unproven youngster" - remind me again how many goals he scored in the Division One?

Spoke to wettsy last night at Trevisco working men's club. Confirmed he will be staying at St Austell. I am happy to put my money where my mouth is...... Helston bottom three. Muzzy will not leave Dennis he has a long standing agreement with the managers lee and Carl to stay put.

Managers Lee n Carl,quality

Playing against Bowyer last year, he's a decent young lad, will certainly score goals in the prem, but will still wast more chances than he scores!

That's pretty much every striker uve just described,if I scored every time I shot at goal I'd b at Barcelona,dumbass lol

"unproven youngster" - remind me again how many goals he scored in the Division One?

​When I watched Sticker last season, he was head, shoulders and more ahead of the second highest goalscorer!

every time a player is mentioned someone has to bring up the st austell money tag like we are the only ones that have a successful enough club to pay players well.lots of jealous people out there. This was never an issue when we were not a force but now we are the best team everyone thinks its money that has got us success and nothing to do with management. this forum is becoming a hate forum and its aimed at successful clubs and many of the posts are from people associated with mediocre mid to bottom teams that are just jealous that the clubs they are with/represent have no ambition or foresight.     

every time a player is mentioned someone has to bring up the st austell money tag like we are the only ones that have a successful enough club to pay players well.lots of jealous people out there. This was never an issue when we were not a force but now we are the best team everyone thinks its money that has got us success and nothing to do with management. this forum is becoming a hate forum and its aimed at successful clubs and many of the posts are from people associated with mediocre mid to bottom teams that are just jealous that the clubs they are with/represent have no ambition or foresight.     

​That's certainly not a jealous comment, merely 'is he good enough to play for St Austell' If he's not playing and just picking up an envelope and is happy with that then fair enough. St Austell seemed to have signed a few people, so there will be some unhappy people a few games into the season and no doubt the people who aren't quote good enough will go else where just to play.

If he wants to be playing I imagine there will be more game time on offer at Penryn or St D.

Jack James (Perranporth) is still deciding on offers from St Austell, Penryn and St Dennis

Heard at trajning last night Steve Parker Billinge gone to Falmouth (currently Illogan)

​Who?

Jack James (Perranporth) is still deciding on offers from St Austell, Penryn and St Dennis

Jack and Paul Robbo have both been training with us at St Dennis, along with a couple other players jay is looking at, they all seem to be enjoying the sessions.

Paul and jack would be 2 great additions if they decide they want to join the Saints. 

We've lost none of last seasons squad and we are building on it promisingly. 

Jay and Steve Dingers has made training enjoyable, and everyone at the club is looking forward to getting this season kick started. 

Didn't realise u were part of the coaching staff at st awful??

​Don't be ridiculous boy, you're at the top, you get shot at....its called life, not hate.

When you're back down the bottom, you'll be left alone, well, except for - what happened there comments. Then it will be....ran out of money then.