Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay Ladies

Newquay ladies will play Arsenal at Treyew Road On Sunday October 21st Kick Off 1pm have attached press statement from Colin Mills.

On Sunday 21st October at Truro Football Club,Treyew Road Truro, kick off 1 pm we Newquay Ladies F C will be playing Arsenal Ladies F C in the National League Cup, 2nd round.

Arsenal are the current; English League Champions; League Cup Holders; FA Cup Holders and European Cup Holders.

They also have 9 of the recent England World Cup Squad which reached the quarter finals.

This is a great opportunity for the football fans of Cornwall to see England no Europes top womens football team.

Guest Peppermint

I think this will be at least the third time Newquay Ladies have played Arsenal Ladies. The other games at Mount Wise were pre season friendly fixtures.

Guest tom@white tigers

Yes it was always the 21st October with a 1pm kick off you can pay on the day gates open at Noon but advised to get there early if you need a parking space.

OK, sorry.

Guest Rubber Soul

Don't know which West Briton you are on about, Paparazzi. But today's Briton has a back page story all about the Arsenal game, with details of who might play.

That is a very odd poster.

The match is between Newquay and Arsenal and they play at Truro City's ground. I wonder if the FA know they have changed their name to Newquay Ladies (Truro City Ladies). Very odd indeed as Truro City ladies folded and do not exist. Odd indeed simply because they cannot change their name until this season is finished and even that is not cut & dried. A lot of water can pass under the bridge until then. Yes Truro City or Mr Heaney is coughing up the cash but that does not mean they can call themselves Truro City just yet.

I hope they do themselves proud and if they can keep the score down and give a good account of themesleves the fans will be happy, lets hope they get a big gate. Its an impossible dream but as we all know anything can happen on the day.

200-300 - from the hype given out for Womens football, doesn't seem very many. Especially for a team the calibre of Arsenal.

As for the BBC Radio Cornwall comment, you really need to direct that to the Sports Producer.

However, I think there was a feature on the programme yesterday about the game today.

I asked a question was it or was it not, not a request to BBC cornwall. As far as the gate was concerned don't forget hundreds of Cornish players were unable to watch the match as they were playing themselves. The gate was officialy a nice round 850, but that was a little underestimated.

Newquay/Truro Ladies FC in The Central tonight ,just told me they didnt get a chance to swop shirts with the Arsenal players,big chance missed there gals,said the Arsenal were awesome too.

I bet Anita would have liked one of those shirts ? ;0) :c:

A good try Newquay Ladies,you gave it your best shot.But to be quite honest,the two teams were planets apart,and done well to keep the score down to 4-1 at half time.In the second half I dont think Newquay gave the Arsenal keeper one shot to save.When the score got to 11-1 the Newquay ladies must have been praying for the final whistle.The Arsenal team just oozed class in every department and should be renamed THE DREAM TEAM.Dont know how far this is true,but was talking to a group of Newquay regular supporters and they said this was not as good as Newquay generally play week in week out as a lot of the team were playing out of position.Anyhow Newquay Ladies it's no disgrace to lose to the best ladies team in Europe.Best of luck for the rest of the season.

KIT 65.