Cornwall Football Forum

County Under-18 football pulled!

Dave Deacon

Thats crazy all this talk about improving our national team from the bottom up improving grassroots football and they do something like this. How will this help??

​Admittedly the FA have reduced the money to County FAs, but it is the Cornwall County FA who have decided where to make the cut. Could they have got rid of something else to keep the U-18 squad?  

Always thought the CCFA was one of the richest Associations of the F A especially with all that income registering from Senior to Junior status and back in the past.

So sad to see the demise of Cornwall county fixtures even though the Senior side was first to fold.

First match Cornwall v Devon 1889 at The Recreation ground Falmouth.

Where does the income go ?

That's excellent, so chuffed it's been saved. I'm still in shock that it was even initially pulled, I just can not get my head around how the Cornwall FA have had there funding cut with the money that is in football now. Still paying off Wembley! I just hope this isn't a precedent for following seasons, what's to say it's not hit again next season? Unfathomable.

I was also wondering where does all the money go from fines (bookings) from football in Cornwall? To the league a player was booked in e.g Duchy League or the Cornwall FA?

Probably hoping the mythical Truro city academy will spring up and save the day. OH!!!! forgot - that may be in Torquay now.

​As the saying goes,be very careful who you slag off,or you may be made to eat your words.

Why not give some credit where it's due,instead of knocking Truro at every chance you have.

Well kitty 65, here goes. Well done to Truro for saving the day. The cynical bit of me thinks, mmmmm, what's behind that.

Ahhh!! planning for the stadium coming up, favourable decision in their favour, every little helps I suppose.

I don't think I actually slag Truro off, just offer an opinion on the shenanigans that go on there. Remember buddy, only the truth hurts, and there doesn't seem to be a lot coming out from there at the moment.

Move to Torquay, really, that was as true as hell wasn't it. As always, the best to Truro from me. 

, no point in asking that question on this forum, if you are really serious then a call to the CCFA will answer all your questions.

​The CCFA will disclose nothing. I asked this question 2 years ago and was greeted with a rude reply!  Common knowledge shows that this is the wealthiest FA in the country= so what do they spend it on ?

Every affiliated football club in the County receives an invitation to send two delegates to the CCFA AGM, where all financial details are made available to the MEMBERS i.e. the clubs. The CCFA is not a public body in the same way as a Council is and the affairs of the Association do not have to made available to the general public. Instead of expecting to find answers on here, ask the Secretary of the football club of which you are a member; he/she might be willing to share the information with you.

This years AGM is on Thursday 28th May at the CCFA Headquarters in Bodmin. If your club isn't intending to go, perhaps they would agree to be represented by an anonymous forum member instead. At least they could then dispel another one of Big Al's urban myths!

Truro City will be eyeing these players up for a new 'Reserve side', a nice easy way to get the best youngsters into the Treyew lair without having to shell out too much, just a promise of some possible cash & coach to away games... I'm sure that is exactly what they did when they lured Newquay Ladies over so they could get certain grants and benefits from the FA etc. Screwed up the best chance of having a top flight ladies side coming out of Cornwall, must fear for the lads chances too !

Edited by Nemesis