Cornwall Football Forum

A fond farewell to a footballing favourite

Dave Deacon

It was sad to hear that Kitty Rapsey passed away during the night.

I last had the pleasure of seeing Kitty at a match in December when she was there to watch grandson Jack playing for Carharrack. 

She was not only always a great supporter of her family playing, but also one of the most knowledgeable around when it came to talking about the local game. She must have passed her understanding and passion for the game onto Mark (Rappo) 😀

I am sure I speak for the whole of the football fraternity, where she had so many friends, when I say it was always a pleasure to meet up with her for a chat and a laugh.

Condolences to all her family and friends - there are many x

I would just like to reiterate Neil Phillips comments about Kitty being everyone's Mum, I don't think a better or more fitting comment could be said about her. I know you are suffering Mark but rest assured we all feel your pain as we all feel like we have lost a very special lady, take care mate x

So.So sorry Mark,

It has been a great pleasure to have met your mum on many occasions around the SW football grounds.

i always looked forward to match days knowing Kitty would be there with her happiness and friendship to all (Management-players and the supporters)

Take care Mark and lets see young Jack carry on the Rapsey name in Cornish football history.

Would just like to say thank you to the lads for their lovely comments and to everyone that has sent cards and texts to myself and my sister. Over 500 between us!!! We all thought she was a very special lady but it's been humbling and overwhelming to see what people thought of her as well. It's going to be a massive void that our family can never replace but we are comforted in the fact that she was peaceful in her own bed when she passed away early Monday morning. She had been watching football from the age of 5 sitting behind her keeper dads goal, right up until as Dave said, watching Jack just before Xmas at Holmans. She travelled thousands of miles all over Europe in all weathers watching four generations play, her dad, my dad, me and my boys playing and enjoyed every minute mixing with all her many friends. The last few months has seen her a bit breathless but she never failed to get a Sunday Independent and West Briton to keep up with all the local football scores. She was never happier than when she was around all her football lads, enjoying the laughs and banter with the best of us. Hope she'll be up there with my dad watching Cornish football every Saturday from now on. RIP mum x x x

Just a message to say, mums funeral is on Friday 1st May at 10am. Penmount Crematorium in the Trelawney chapel. Flowers welcome to AC Richards & Son, Station Approach, Perranporth, TR60LH. Tel: 01872572027 or donations to Sunrise Centre RCH Treliske. Bright colours also welcome or wear black if you prefer. Wake after at Truro City AFC. 

Thankyou x

Would just like to say thank you to the lads for their lovely comments and to everyone that has sent cards and texts to myself and my sister. Over 500 between us!!! We all thought she was a very special lady but it's been humbling and overwhelming to see what people thought of her as well. It's going to be a massive void that our family can never replace but we are comforted in the fact that she was peaceful in her own bed when she passed away early Monday morning. She had been watching football from the age of 5 sitting behind her keeper dads goal, right up until as Dave said, watching Jack just before Xmas at Holmans. She travelled thousands of miles all over Europe in all weathers watching four generations play, her dad, my dad, me and my boys playing and enjoyed every minute mixing with all her many friends. The last few months has seen her a bit breathless but she never failed to get a Sunday Independent and West Briton to keep up with all the local football scores. She was never happier than when she was around all her football lads, enjoying the laughs and banter with the best of us. Hope she'll be up there with my dad watching Cornish football every Saturday from now on. RIP mum x x x

​Mark, We never did meet (at Sticker) but please accept my condolences for the loss of your mum! She, by the sound of of it was a very special and well liked lady!