Cornwall Football Forum

JUNIOR CUP FAVOURATES- WHO ARE THEY?

Guest omerta

this could be the year a mining team win the west section portreath look very strong with no weaknesses with new signings added to last years side that went so close. ive also been very impressed with newly promoted troon not many teams will cope with the pace in their side. from fal/hel the top 6 are all capable of beating one another but the experience of mawnan get my vote.game of the round must be st.keverne vfal athletic the winner of this tie could also go all the way. but as with all cup competitions there is an element of luck of having your best squad available when its needed[injuries suspensions and even home advantage can all be major factors] good luck to all 2moz

I agree that Portreath not only have a very good squad and play some outstanding football but I do not feel they have enough in the tank to actually win the Junior cup (I could be proved wrong) I’m sure we are all aware that Mawnan have to be in with a shout as do Falmouth athletic/Falmouth town/Helston & St Keverne but I would say that Chacewater will do very well this year in the Junior cup as they have a good squad of players this season and look like doing very well in the Falmouth/Helston league.

I don’t think it will be a side from the west who actually wins the Junior cup this year though I have a feeling that the team who wins this years Junior cup will come from the East but good luck to all the teams involved this year. :D

Very impressed with Helston last week and it will take a good side indeed to turn them over.

Falmouth Athletic have an experienced squad and i would make them favourites although the tie at St.Keverne tomorrow will be a daunting one for some players.Not sure that St.Keverne have a big enough enough squad to go all the way.

Falmouth Town very useful team under Omerta and will give anyone a hard match as will Mousehole. Portreath,Troon and Threemilestone from the Mining League have all got good cup pedigrees and i would make Portreath favourites from there.

Not too sure about the teams from the East Section yet as the reorganisation which took a few teams into Senior football may have damaged the strength of teams from east of Mitchell.

Good luck to all players and teams tomorrow.

Guest geachy1

there are some big games 2moro 1st rnd. spice v helston , fal ath v st keverne, tms v albion.

i think truro city mite have a good run .

i think it will be portreath or mawnan will win it.

that would make a good final

Guest Dermot

It looks like no one fancies a team from the East of the County ? Fair play to the teams in the West,you all seem proud of your teams and are willing to give match postings and opinions,it seems a little strange that most teams from the Duchy leagues do not share your enthusiasm. ;0) :clapper:

mr mouser how are you

just trying to play our team down and make a point to mr so called iamthebest who comes on here every day blowing his own trumpet and acting like a fool.

i think you have to be looking at one of the top four from either fhfl 1 or mining 1 to be winning the junior cup. although we can go into the next round (did you hear that iamthebest, the next round) with a little confidence

i keep quiet knowing that we are division one and you are division two and i feel bit more respect would be needed. We have our reasons for losing and good luck to the winners but we will now concentrate on league the league you are battling to get in to!!!!!!!should you not be fitting heating systems or anything ?

i keep quiet knowing that we are division one and you are division two and i feel bit more respect would be needed.

you are hardly in the premiership and battling for europe are you

having played against fal athletic on a number of occasions i have the utmost respect in the way they go about playing and in Jake Harvey you probably have one of if not THE best player in the league.

but i have little respect for you the way you come on here giving it the bigun and posting under other peoples name as if you are maradona when by all accounts jake's back is killing him through carrying you through each and every game.

Guest Garry Kay

I would like to see Mawgan draw Falmouth Athletic in the Percy Stephens Cup this year.

I think it would be a very close contest ... regardless of which divisions both teams play in

i tell you what. i have played for mawgan vertually 13 seasons now and no matter what league i play in, it is the best club i know. the team always has a laugh and plays the game fairly. I WOULD LOVE TO COME UP AGAINST "I AM THE BEST" IN A GAME THIS SEASON AS I KNOW I WOULD PISS ALL OVER HIM PERSONALLY ON THE PITCH. we at mawgan may not be the best side in cornwall but against people who think they are something they are not, we ALWAYS come through strong. A gap in 1 division below makes no difference to which team is better right at this moment as we will win this league div 2 and come up and kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alot of fal ath bashing on here. couple of points .... the midget keeper you refer to is one of the best keepers around and considering his age very fit, they dont call him the cat for nothing! as for jake carrying the team i dont think thats very fair on the other team members and jakes strike partener ben who r all playing very well. iamthebest has opinions and its an open forum. saturday was a bad result for us but there r more cups and a league to concentrate on now and we wish all the best to the teams remaining in the junior cup. maybe next year for us in that one! :clapper: :thumbsup:

Guest helstons14

Nice to see Ben playing again and hopefully fulfilling the potential he had during youth football.

As regards to Mawgan, played them in pre-season and they had a good footballing side (unlike most in FH2) even with a few missing. Macca is one of the nicest guys you will meet and a class player too. I hope they are loosing finalists this year... for obvious reasons! :clapper:

i just want to make this clear that i am not bashing fal athletic i think they are a good strong physical side who can also play some good football and i think that kev is a very good keeper after playing against him on numerous occasions in 11 & 5 a side (i think that he has a personal vendetta against me as i have never scored against him).

but things like this will happen when clowns like iamthebest come on giving it the big un and p#####g people off with his ridiculous posts and then hiding away using other peoples names to post under. then having the neck to demand respect off other people

also i am not saying that we are going to do anything in this competition as i think it has mawnan or Helston written all over it

if you look at the comments i have posted on this particular topic they are not harmful or intent on annoying people, if you read properly you will see you are the one who started trying to bitch about things when i was just giving my opinion. I do not post under anyone else name but because people ask me and i laugh they persume its me where if they looked abit closer they would know who it is. I think its stupid, as i have said i come on here to voice my opinion and check results etc

nothing more to say on the matter and again good luck to teams in the junior cup

Quite funny reading through the posts on this discussion, with people having a pop at each other. Mouser you seem to think your team is pretty special. would be great to see a side from outside division 1 win it but i think you may be living in your own little dream world my friend. Your team mate "ah reckon so" seems to have his feet a little bit firmer on the ground. Good luck to you all in the next round. My tips would be either Mawnan or Helston this year

Guest Helston Patriot

Helston had Tom russell and wilkie playing WHO PLAYED FOR THE RES's THE WEEK BEFORE WHEN WE HAD SNR CUP! Also domo played and craig taylor. Tom randall played but isn't a snr player as he has only played 3 combo games this in 2 seasons!!

The rules state that any team can have 4 snr players playing in the jnr cup. Dont see what the probalem is really?!?

Just cause you can doesnt mean you should. Domo cant be needing the shooting practise?? Understand if a team plays a couple who have been on the bench for a few weeks but not the likes of Domo. And to be fair I thought once you had played in the Senior Cup you cannot play in the junior Cup so you may have just shafted your 2nds by playing Domo and others?? But I may be wrong.

Guest helstons14

Helston had Tom russell and wilkie playing WHO PLAYED FOR THE RES's THE WEEK BEFORE WHEN WE HAD SNR CUP! Also domo played and craig taylor. Tom randall played but isn't a snr player as he has only played 3 combo games this in 2 seasons!!

Tom Randall was unable to make it Saturday.

Anyway our first team has a large squad so it is neccessary for players to have games with us to maintain match fitness. No rules are being broken and at the start of the season many of our regulars were classed as senior from last season, so what goes around comes aroud.

The players that are dropping down enjoy it because we are a decent side, and we have no problems with it, because winning is the most important thing and the second team partly exists to assist the first team.

Guest Garry Kay

If you have played in the Senior Cup, you can't play in the Junior Cup.

You can go the other way though.

Helston rested a few players for their Senior Cup match so they would have still been okay to play in the Junior Cup, but can now return to the Senior Cup ... extra time if necessary

Guest postman pat

everyone seems to think that PORTREATH are most peoples favorite team in the west but will this work against them? see how well Troon did last year from div 2. although they did not get to the final they beat some very good sides on the way.as we all know "football is a funny game"to quote JIMMY GREAVES.how often in cup competitions do favorites actually win? i am not having a go at PORTREATH good luck to them just making an observation :c:

EVERYONE LOADS UP IF THE OPPORTUNITY ARRISES. IVE HAD IT DONE ENOUGH TO ME IN THE PAST. WHEN YOU CAN Y NOT GIVE THE BOYS A RUN THE ONLY REGULAR THAT DIDNT REALLY NEED TO PLAY WAS DOMO BUT WAS ASKED TO AS THE 2NDS NEEDED A STRIKER. ENOUGH SAID AND YEAS THEY WERE ALL ELIGIBLE TO PLAY.

ALSO YOU CAN PLAY SENIOR AND JUNIOR CUP.........

I think Edgcumbe made it to the area final 3 or 4 seasons back and lost to Godolphin after extra time, there may have even been a replay, cracking game. Think it was played at lux park. Anyone know the full story or am i just imagining it? :unsure: