Cornwall Football Forum

Major Forum Upgrade This Week

Richard Chown

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me being dim or is there a way of deleting messages that I cannot see?

I'm assuming it's the "Leave conversation" bit?

Edited by Guest

I may be even dimmer (or dumber!) but what are the + number indicators, found below member status and above the number of posts, indicative of? For example above: Margo + 23, Willow Tree + 30 etc. (It seems that I'm + 102!)

It might well be bloomin' obvious but I can't work it out!

Edited by Bruegel the Elder

I may be even dimmer (or dumber!) but what are the + number indicators, found below member status and above the number of posts, indicative of? For example above: Margo + 23, Willow Tree + 30 etc. (It seems that I'm + 102!)

It might well be bloomin' obvious but I can't work it out!

Just reputation, if people like your posts they can give it a like. More likes better reputation as a member.

Quite a few moons ago The Judge (Nemesis) and myself would have set the world alight with our banter the buttons would have been smoking in those great times, I think we both mellowed with age or was it DD telling us off - HAPPY DAYS.

Seriously though I wish him well, I think he enjoyed our battles as indeed I did.

I'm glad there's no dislike button.

That would be a brilliant idea Mountaineer, should it take +'s away or should there be a separate -'s button! There is a risk, of course, that when Big Al gets going some members would end up with Repetitive Strain Injury! 

​It wouldn't work, someone would complain their feelings were injured by being picked upon.

Imagine winning an award for being the "Most Unpopular Poster" - MUP = Muppet. :thumbsup:

I think we all know who would get the MUPpet award Mountaineer! I've got a pretty good idea who'd be runner up too, and, no I won't be revealing who they are, I can't afford a libel case at my time of life, or one of D.D.'s warning flags. Saying that, I've just noticed that the "warnings" listing on the left of our posts has gone, are we all so good now or do the Moderators have more nefarious ways of dealing with malcontents?

I think we all know who would get the MUPpet award Mountaineer! I've got a pretty good idea who'd be runner up too, and, no I won't be revealing who they are, I can't afford a libel case at my time of life, or one of D.D.'s warning flags. Saying that, I've just noticed that the "warnings" listing on the left of our posts has gone, are we all so good now or do the Moderators have more nefarious ways of dealing with malcontents?

Yeah - the Delete button :thumbsup:

Was looking for a posting I had made and thought I would be able to find it via the 'My activity' option in the drop down menu from my logged in name but got error instead. Is this feature available or will it become do later?

Also tried a keyword search and that doesn't work either.

Edited by baldy

• 2 weeks later...

Since the changes brought about by the Forum update I am delighted to discover that I am not the only one who having posted a message, winces at the quality of the spelling/grammer and feels the need for an instant (or sometimes not so instant) edit. Now that the default setting is to admit to, and even time the edit, I realise that almost everybody is "at it". Most reassuring. 

Post now read and re-read, time to press the "Submit" button with the edit message avoided.

• 1 month later...

Is it me or does it seem to take ages to post a reply to a thread and I'm assuming that's why some posts are duplicated?

Also it's not possible to look at some profiles on here.