Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Junior Cup fixtures - Saturday Jan 31st 2015

I can assure you that we at veryan dont think we have won it allreAdy we no we will be up against a good st stephens side who have hit good form in the build up to this final!! Just getting to the final is a massive bonus!! An not handed to you on a plate!!an for anyone to say the premier side in this game are the underdogs that would be silly!! Looking forward to a good game at one of the best grounds in the county hopefully like u said dave it wont be blowing a gale and hurrendous hail storms like last weekend!! Hoping for a big crowd and a good display of what the duchy league has to offer 👍⚽️

I am never quite sure why people even mention the word underdog?

It is a game of football between 2 sides of which anything can happen at any given moment.

Wimbledon all those years ago were classed as underdogs against a very good Liverpool side in the F.A Cup final but a will to win and team spirit and one hell of a performance they won the cup.

West Ham v Arsenal 1980, West Ham were the supposed underdogs that day but again a great performance won them the cup

More recently Wigan Athletic won the cup against Manchester City, Wigan supposed underdogs played there game got it right on the day and won.

Back to junior football and this seasons junior cup Carharrack were favourites to win the whole thing looking at various posts on here and if i remember correctly they even posted a photo on the world wide web celebrating when they were drawn against Frogpool who they had already beaten 7-0 in a Percy Stephens cup game earlier in the season.

On the day the Frogs played out of there skins so to speak and won the game 1-0 yet no one gave them a chance.

The long and short of it is cup games are all about who wants it most on the day, who turns up and the 11 players on the pitch playing well as a team who will 99% of the time get the result.

Good luck to all teams left in this years competition and lets just hope it is a good advert for Cornish Soccer :)  

St.stephen are underdogs for sure, copeys playing it down,Veryan are even stronger than last year and are playing better than ever,although St. Stephens signing of coad will test veryans back line as he is a handful, having said that I can see no further than a Veryan win, but as grosey says nothing wrong with being an underdog!!!

St.stephen are underdogs for sure, copeys playing it down,Veryan are even stronger than last year and are playing better than ever,although St. Stephens signing of coad will test veryans back line as he is a handful, having said that I can see no further than a Veryan win, but as grosey says nothing wrong with being an underdog!!!

U been to watch us this season Pablo ??