Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Junior Cup fixtures - Saturday Jan 31st 2015

Looe 1 Veryan 4

Veryan were worthy winners in horrendous conditions. The ref took the players off in the first-half due to a hail storm and in the second-half 2 Looe players emerged with various items to keep them warm - one had a snood on and another was wearing a beeny hat! I was dissapointed with Looe as I was expecting them to make a better game of it.

Veryan were 2-0 up in the first-half. Looe had a great chance to reduce the arrears at the start of the second-half but the forward (wearing the beeny!) sliced wide from 8 yards. They did get a goal back when a corner was headed in, but Veryan scored virtually straight from the kick-off and then a penalty put the result beyond doubt. It was good to see Copey playing in his best position - I know how much he loves it back there! Veryan must have the smallest back three in the Duchy League, but they defended very well.

All in all a comfortable win for Veryan. It will be great to see a St.Stephen v Veryan area final played under lights (hopefully at St. Austell or St. Blazey). I'm sure that game will draw a decent crowd.

Humdinger at st.buryan
baltic conditions, buryan lad in hospital with horrendous break, ambulance needed.
buryan win 3/2.
A cracking game played in great spirit.good crowd aswell.
St.buryan have a lot of experience to call on tday.they look very strong!

Good luck in the final, And hope the lad with the leg break makes a speedy recovery. Well Reffed by porky.

West cornwall not quite at the races today..until the last 15..(nearly enough) I know they had a few out tho. Overall decent game considering the conditions.

Could of been different if that great strike from OB went in.

Horrific injury.. All the best to that player... Glad you held on, he would of been even more gutted if he found out you gave away 3-0 lead.

Unlucky WC

Agree with that Babbo, we were poor for 65 minutes. 3 individual errors led to us conceding our goals, hold my hands up for the 3rd. Not a lot in it on the whole, unfortunately it took a horrific injury to kick us into gear. By that time it was almost too late, but we got back into it and another 5 minutes and I seriously thought we would grab another. Not to be though, and we'll have to learn from today and pick ourselves up for next week.
All the best to St Buryan in the area final, would like to see you guys go on and win it now. Hard team, play hard on the pitch but leave it all there, that's the way it should be. All the best fellas, and our thoughts are with the lad who broke his leg, wishing for a speedy recovery.
Off to get pi55ed now!

Agree with that Babbo, we were poor for 65 minutes. 3 individual errors led to us conceding our goals, hold my hands up for the 3rd. Not a lot in it on the whole, unfortunately it took a horrific injury to kick us into gear. By that time it was almost too late, but we got back into it and another 5 minutes and I seriously thought we would grab another. Not to be though, and we'll have to learn from today and pick ourselves up for next week.
All the best to St Buryan in the area final, would like to see you guys go on and win it now. Hard team, play hard on the pitch but leave it all there, that's the way it should be. All the best fellas, and our thoughts are with the lad who broke his leg, wishing for a speedy recovery.
Off to get pi55ed now!

Unlucky mate.. Another 5 minutes and I think you would of had another goal. One of they...

Strange Injury .. Not a bad tackle .. No scream in pain .. But we all saw it and it looked awful.

Fair report from Chris Davey. Looe weren't as good as they can be but that's probably down to how good a side Veryan are all round.

Injuries and illness didn't help but the best team won on the day for sure

Awful conditions for players and ref but I thought everyone coped very well

No 9 for Veryan with a hat trick ( I think )

Nice bunch of people from Veryan. All the best for the area final

Off to get pi55ed now!

Unlucky mate.. Another 5 minutes and I think you would of had another goal. One of they...
Strange Injury .. Not a bad tackle .. No scream in pain .. But we all saw it and it looked awful.

I thought he went down with cramp or something coz he tried to run it off. Poor guy. Chatting to one of their lads in the bar after and he's had a bad time of it lately. Feel for him. Deserves a bit of luck his way.

Very harsh report from Chris Davey on the Looe match, 4-1 was a score line which didn't reflect what was quite an even game with both sides struggling to play good football due to the state of the pitch and the weather. Veryan's experience was probably the difference on the day, good luck to them in the final, a good honest bunch who all came back to the pub afterwards and we look forward to playing them again one day.

Looe 1 : 4 veryan
Thanks for chris daveys match report looe r a really good outfit which put us under alot of pressure at times! But veryan came out on top! after hurrendous conditions comfortable winners!! Veryans goals came from craig phillips hattrick an veteren gary wheildion!! Great effort from the veryan lads as we were taking on one of the best duchy teams!! Looes stand out players sorry dont no there names wide rite an wide left players an centre forward!! Area final next where we will be taking on st stephens!!!good luck to looe on there premier persuit!!!

sgowing4, I'm not sure what was "very harsh" about my report other than to say I was dissapointed with Looe and I expected more from a Duchy Premier team who are near the top of their league. I thought the scoreline was a fair reflection of the game and I cannot remember the Veryan keeper making many (if any) saves of note. Veryan tried to play their passing game despite the difficulties under foot and deserved their place in the final. They also had several supporters make the trip to cheer on their team

pearcy1988, I might not be able to run very quickly anymore, and I might well type quicker than I can run, but at least I do have a full head of hair to keep me warm :-)
Ps are you still wallowing around in the mud?!

Thanks for chris daveys match report looe r a really good outfit which put us under alot of pressure at times! But veryan came out on top! after hurrendous conditions comfortable winners!! Veryans goals came from craig phillips hattrick an veteren gary wheildion!! Great effort from the veryan lads as we were taking on one of the best duchy teams!! Looes stand out players sorry dont no there names wide rite an wide left players an centre forward!! Area final next where we will be taking on st stephens!!!good luck to looe on there premier persuit!!!

Hopefully it won't b as windy as yesterday the weather was piss poor,Heard where the final is yet ? Paul from the voice sed it won't b st awful so hopefully Blazey.
Lookin forward to kicking blj off the pitch in the final lol

Hopefully it won't b as windy as yesterday the weather was piss poor,Heard where the final is yet ? Paul from the voice sed it won't b st awful so hopefully Blazey.
Lookin forward to kicking blj off the pitch in the final lol

Haha cheers Dave

I can't deny Veryan more than deserved their place in the final, we didn't perform at all and you guys handled the conditions better.
Your fans certainly did and it was great to have them all back at the pub afterwards. Just think 4-1 was flattering as one goal was set up for you by our captains ass, and another came when our Lino flagged for offside.
Good luck in the final boys, I think it's yours to lose now.

Sure Veryan will be better prepared than last year, having experienced the final but I expect St Buryan to be representing the west and they gave Helston some very difficult games last year, losing 1-0, 2-0, & 4-3 but also winning 5-1! They are a strong team with some match winners in their side.

It'll be a cracking game I'm sure but in those finals it's anyone's games!

Looking forward to watching!!

Good luck to Mullion & Frogpool in other West Semi, sure either of them will have something to say about Buryan representing the west in April!!

What league are veryan in?

Veryan are Duchy 3. Reformed a couple of years ago after folding a good 10 years ago. Lots of players that have played at a higher level. A well run club and managed by Gary Weildon who I had the the privelige of playing for 2 years ago, and also learnt a lot from him as a manager. Veryan deserve all the plaudits that come to them. I wish them well in the junior cup, they are a lot stronger this year.

What are peoples thoughts on junior cup winners?

It will b won overall by a team from the duchy league not trelawny

Have to disagree there. St Buryan are a very strong side, and if they reach the final they will take a lot of beating, Full of experience players and been there and done it. Don't rule them out. up the Buryan

What are peoples thoughts on junior cup winners?

It will b won overall by a team from the duchy league not trelawny

Have to disagree there. St Buryan are a very strong side, and if they reach the final they will take a lot of beating, Full of experience players and been there and done it. Don't rule them out. up the Buryan
I only sed a duchy side will win cos I've told dave deacon I'll eat a pair of socks if a west team win lol