Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday January 17th 2015

Thank-you Cat, may I add my best wishes to those expressed on the Discussion Forum for your return (now well in front of the sticks apparently) to competitive footie! I hope that as before your premature retirement that you'll keep us up to date with your exploits. Best of luck to you on both legs and wheels! If you could combine them on the pitch you could be a terrifying prospect!

Hardly the BIGGEST disgrace Josh, while I sometimes struggle for understanding of some of posts on the forum for the reasons you cite, it is not the Forums, yours or my place to disenfranchise those with dyslexia or other literacy issues.
Only within the last week a learned society has proposed simplifying the complex structure of standard English along the lines of "textspeak". Not something I would be in favour of (I've already had to do the hard bit!), but I can see the appeal to the next generation and those with English as a second language.

my children text me asking something so I respond with if they would like something to type in in plain English out of respect for the person you are asking for it from

Bruegel, many thanks, hoping to get a game this week instead. but need to learn how to reply in text speak to ensure I get the correct location and opposition as I may end up in the wrong place or against the wrong team!

Everybody cannot be an academic dron, we all have different abilities in different ways. Sometimes you just have to decipher the post.

I do find the text posts difficult to understand, and read them several times to understand them. It would improve a lot of the posts if people proof read them before hitting the post button.

I'll give you that Bruegel, but I'm putting it in the top 3!
Nothing to do with being academic or not. My phone corrects most of my spellings and I'm sure many members use their iPhones or iPads (other phones and tablets are available) that self correct their spellings. Perhaps some spellings are too 'far out' to be corrected.
Anyway, let's get back to football.