Cornwall Football Forum

"Six-pointer" clash - New Year's Day 2015

Truro at Weymouth this afternoon in a match between two very much in-form sides.

Weymouth in second place in the table, one of three teams on 50 points, while Truro are only three points adrift on 47, nicely placed in fifth position and very much looking a promotion candidate as well as like their opponents today are enjoying an unbeaten run.

If ,Truro are looking for automatic promotion,which Steve Tully has indicated,this is a must win game for Truro.

Because as Savo said,Poole and Weymouth,have quite a few games in hand.

With only the Champions,going up automatically,I cant see Poole and Weymouth,both slipping up.

Chesham away on Saturday wont be easyThese 2 games in 3 days,could make or break Truro's season.

A play off place is possible however where you finish has a big say on who ends up promoted.

The play off semi finals are the teams finishing 2nd to 5th and the games are:

GAME A - 2nd team home to 5th team

GAME B - 3rd team home to 4th team

The final is:-

Winner of GAME A at home to Winner of GAME B

The importance of finishing second is massive.

If ,Truro are looking for automatic promotion,which Steve Tully has indicated,this is a must win game for Truro.

Because as Savo said,Poole and Weymouth,have quite a few games in hand.

With only the Champions,going up automatically,I cant see Poole and Weymouth,both slipping up.

Chesham away on Saturday wont be easyThese 2 games in 3 days,could make or break Truro's season.

Dave,

Realistically you could say 2 games in 2 days plus 90 minutes :c:

OR within 50 hours.

Weymouth a game I didn't want to miss but internal politics knocks the stuffing out of the enthusiasm.

Load up your pistols and support the Magnificent Seven - The Great Western Saga.

Very tight at the top mate, think it could right to the wire, although Poole and Weymouth still have games in hand

The beauty of it is that from the last 5 games Truro City have 13 points whereas Poole Town have just 7 - keep that up for the rest of the season and things could be rosy.

Corby Town look dangerous having secured 15 points from their last 5 games, with decent gates and the opportunity to finance loan signings if needed, but we have time to peg back the 5 points we trail them by.

Next game at treyew Road.

10th January 2015 : TRURO CITY v CORBY TOWN so an early opportunity to reduce the deficit.

A point each was probably a fair result. Truro had the better first half going a goal up through Rob Farkins, followed by Weymouth having a player red carded before the interval, you had to think the three points were there for Truro to take back to Cornwall. However, Weymouth had other thoughts because they edged the second 45 minutes.

The equaliser coming from a Stewart Yetton penalty which he won himself too! I thought it was a little harsh and possibly the assistant ref, who basically gave it, buckled under the grief he was getting from an aggrieved Weymouth support in the terracing behind him! Nevertheless - a draw was the right result in the end with both sides continuing their unbeaten runs.

Cracking match - congratulations to both sets of players.

From the video it looks a soft penalty, I doubt if it warranted a free kick.

The video sees the Truro team when scoring running to the corner flag celebrate amongst themselves, return to the centre to restart play without acknowledging their own supporters whereas when Weymouth scored they shared their fortune with their fans.

There has always been a bond between team and supporters but it appears that is not possible anymore, I've moved on because like the team I do not know if the fans are wanted or the team allowed to mingle anymore.

With the team doing so well it is distressing to see the club in limbo.

http://www.theterras.co.uk/main.htm (The video is halfway down in the centre of the page)

somerset-5-spur.

Good luck to you and the lads for the remainder of the season and beyond, Chesham is only about 12 miles from

here but I won't be there, I will use my Wycombe Wanderers season ticket to see them take on Hartlepool United.

With a heavy heart it's farewell, who knows, if the SEVEN are reinstated I may pop in for an away game i said may.

You'll be pleased to know then that the team went to thank the travelling Truro supporters after the game

Too little too late Dave,

When scoring I don't think the team knew if they were allowed to share it with the fans.

At Arlesey half the team and management trooped off to the dressing rooms at the final whistle,

the other half went to the fans looking unsure if they were allowed to, that's not imagination, that

is fact.

Harmony is more than a hairspray.

somerset-5-spur.

Good luck to you and the lads for the remainder of the season and beyond, Chesham is only about 12 miles from

here but I won't be there, I will use my Wycombe Wanderers season ticket to see them take on Hartlepool United.

With a heavy heart it's farewell, who knows, if the SEVEN are reinstated I may pop in for an away game i said may.

Like it ,Ivor.

Could'nt believe we scored 5.

Interim bans end 12th January,so we should hear by then.Not expecting good news,to be honest.

somerset-5-spur.

Like it ,Ivor.

Could'nt believe we scored 5.

Interim bans end 12th January,so we should hear by then.Not expecting good news,to be honest.

Don't give up Dave.

This Wycombe following is going to be easy, no walking, a bus from outside my house into

town - 10 minute wait and another bus to the ground all for free and the same for my return.