Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Junior Cup 4th Round draw

Not too sure on the East but I would have a prediction on the West games. Some tough games.

I think West Cornwall will edge it against CSOM. Another tough match down St Buryan v Penryn, St Buryan experience will pay off. Frogpool obvious underdogs against Carharrack. I think the upset of the round will be Mullion beating Holmans, they have a cracking side down there and have being doing well recently.

4th Round

January 3rd

Saltash United v Veryan

Kilkhampton v St Stephen

Looe Town FC v Callington Town

Padstow United v Holywell And Cubert

Camborne SOM v West Cornwall Football Club

St Buryan v Penryn Athletic

Carharrack v Frogpool & Cusgarne

Mullion v Holman Sports Club

Going to go with a few predictions

Veryan / kilkhampton / looe and padstow to go through

Csom / St buryan aet and mullion

Enjoy the festive period now things get real.

can not see mullion beating holmans, although mullion knocked us out of junior cup (mawnan) we domininated the game but just couldn't score any of our 10+ chances we had.

can not see the likes of jack stocker etc not putting a few past them. my prediction 6-0 holmans.

I can see an upset in the penryn st buryan game penryn got a good squad.

just my opinions tho

holmans will proberly get to the final got a good squad.

I haven't seen carharrack play this season but would imagine its between them and holmans.

but cup matches often throw up surprises so any team to get this far in the cup have got to fancy themselves to reach the final

Not sure who you are trelawney fan . We have reached all expectation already at Holmans I'm not playing mind games either million I'm sure will only on paper knock us out very good team this season. Being in all the cups has become a real distraction for us we are still a few league games behind everyone else. Appreciate the comments geachy but I do not believe we will go any further than where we are we have already exceeded expectation. Merry Xmas lads

4th Round

January 3rd

Saltash United v Veryan

Kilkhampton v St Stephen

Veryan / kilkhampton / looe and padstow to go through

Csom / St buryan aet and mullion

Enjoy the festive period now things get real. Interesting pick for Eastern side,any reason for choosing 2lower league clubs over premier 1s

Hey Marksy mate. I enjoy it up at the village. Lived up here as a kid, even watched your teams back in the day. Ken Curtis, Nicky mills, Karl band, the Shovell brothers. Simon Jackson (JJ old man).

See your doing well too old pal... Keep this up and Louis will be signing u along side him and Giggsy.... ?

Keep dangling those carrots, love seeing the Chowny brothers get some banter! Muhahahaha!!

Much love

Saltash Utd vs Veryan will be a good game to watch. Two good footballing sides.

could be right, although Saltash have home advantage they have had a layoff and losing the previous two games may not hit the ground running, Veryan have banged in 15 in the previous three games albeit against divvy 3 opposition. As long as Veryan do not have to rely on their manager to hit the target from two yards should be a close one.

Let's not forget as a divvy 4 team last season Veryan reached the Junior cup final.

Good luck to both teams.

Looe Town 4-2 Callington Town

Literally a game of two halves, with the strong offshore wind blowing straight down the pitch,dictating play.

Callington playing with the wind in the first half scored after about a minute (Pascoe), and doubled their lead before half time through Keiron Prescott, and also hit the bar.

It was always a case of whether the two goals scored with the wind would be enough, Looe scored early in the second half, hit the post, and then equalised half way through, and then putting the game beyond Callington with two late goals - one from a corner, the other a very neat finish.

Credit to both sides for a good cup tie in very trying conditions

Congrats to mullion great young side dour game in windy conditions neither side any better than the other thanks to Nigel Nicholls for reffing and giving them a somewhat dubious penalty. I can't really add to that . Hope mullion bode well in there perspective league and very good luck in the next round .

Saltash 1 : 3 veryan

Tought away trip for us!as it was 0:0 at full time! All goals scored in extra time! Saltash took the lead when converting a penalty! Veryan pritty much scored straight from lick off which ended with bobbly lee johns putting his effort in the top corner! Within a few mins of the restart veryan were awarded a pen which hit the bar. With the game opening up an alot of tired legs from either side veryan broke away with dan vincent beating his man to square the ball back for ollie young to tap in! With not long left on the clock veryan broke down the left hand side with craig phillips sliding the ball home after a well worked move!! It was a battle from start to finish an we came up against a very good saltash side who never gave up! I thought saltashes number 9 an 7 were outstanding for them. Good luck to saltash for the rest of the season! Mom dan vincent tireless runnning on the wing

Well put Copey, dour 90 minutes tbh with Veryan slightly edging it. Veryan did well to come back in extra-time when a lot of heads would have dropped, when Saltash scored via pen, but a cracking strike from BLJ within a couple of minutes to level, basically one way after that ... Just tell Justin to put his penalties away lol... Good luck in the next round .

Well put Copey, dour 90 minutes tbh with Veryan slightly edging it. Veryan did well to come back in extra-time when a lot of heads would have dropped, when Saltash scored via pen, but a cracking strike from BLJ within a couple of minutes to level, basically one way after that ... Just tell Justin to put his penalties away lol... Good luck in the next round .

BLJ not on pens anymore?

4th Round

January 3rd

Saltash United v Veryan

Kilkhampton v St Stephen