Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior & Junior Cup Draws.- Latest.

David Bray

If anyone from the CCFA reads this, could the numbers perhaps be jumbled up a bit? It is great listening to it on the radio but it was predictable last time with St Austell (the holders) as number 1 and the rest done alphabetically. Give them random numbers, it adds a bit more excitement to it.

Mr Willow Tree. As I understand it the reason why AFC St Austell is number 1 is because the draw is made alphabetically and the Club is correctly named AFC ST AUSTELL. The Club is no longer called St Austell it is properly titled AFC St Austell and therefore must be the first named club alphabetically in the County. I hope that answers your query.

Why could the Cornwall fa not make these thios Saturday. Just another case of Cornwall fa being awkward !

Big Al, have you ever thought of being positive rather than negative. As BHD said it was probably because it wasn't apparent who was going to be in the next round on Saturday anyway. I assume that the CCFA has to check the result sheets as well and there maybe a discrepancy that needs to be investigated. I recall a few years ago Falmouth was expelled from the competition for playing a player who had not played the requisite game before he was elligible.

The CCFA has become a very forward thinking group of people most of whom are probably younger than you. They have come up with many new initiatives and I applaud everything that the team is doing at the moment. I'll name just a few and you can tell us all how and what you did when asked by the CCFA:

The CCFA held and Open Day when they invited the public to attend at their lovely new offices to ask any questions that you might have and to see what they are doing themselves first hand. Did you go?

The CCFA ran a campaign about anti bullying - Did you comment?

The CCFA has asked for people to complete a survey about the County Cups - have you done yours?

Richard Pallott the Governance Manager went on the radio to answer questions asked by the public - Did you listen.

The CCFA is now doing live draws on the radio which is being open and honest with the public and getting well respected people to participate in the draws. Yet you still criticise them for this

The CCFA has promoted the Christmas Truce of 1914 - has your Club sent it a photo for Football Remembers.

The CCFA celebrated it's 125 years and held a commemorative match where the adult County team played for the first time in I believe 7 years. Did you attend

All you have to do is go on the CCFA web site and you will see it is a hive of information to the Cornish public and further a field for those that want to look. The team is frequently keeping us the public up to date with Facebook postings and tweets on Twitter. There are reports about the County Youth game before and after and reports about the girls and disability groups too.

Now all of the above is there for our benefit and in my view the CCFA has raised its profile to another level and should be congratulated on all the hard work the team puts in and their continuing efforts to keep the public informed and stimulated by topics they raise.

Now it would be nice if you recognised this hard work and effort the CCFA has put in and posted something you felt might be positive and which would make the personnel at the County Offices smile.

That new registration rule which I understand has now been discarded/ammended was unfortunate on Falmouth as they became the first victims of it.

The previous rule I think only applied to the Semi Final & Final

Although it was added to the rule book rather ambiguously most if not all clubs were unaware of it at the time and later many Junior clubs fell into the trap.

Leading 3-0 Falmouth brought on as sub a new signing late in the game.

I have never seen a County handbook of today with the rules so I hope I am right in wehat I say.

Mr Willow Tree. As I understand it the reason why AFC St Austell is number 1 is because the draw is made alphabetically and the Club is correctly named AFC ST AUSTELL. The Club is no longer called St Austell it is properly titled AFC St Austell and therefore must be the first named club alphabetically in the County. I hope that answers your query.

Good point Jimbo, I sit corrected! :thumbsup:

Good point Jimbo, I sit corrected! :thumbsup:

AFC Bournemouth were No 1 in tonights F A Cup 3rd Round draw for the same reason

In round 3 draw the Premier and Cgampionship clubs are always put together numbered in alphabetical order 1-44. So AFC Bournemouth were no 1, Arsenal 2, Aston Villa etc, WBA 41, West Ham 42, Wigan 43, Wolves 44. Wolves are usually always 44 as Arsenal 1 until AFC Bmouth's promotion. The remaing 20 clubs outside the top 2 tiers are always numbered 45 - 64 at the discretion of the FA not necessarily in alphabetical order. Hopefully that clarifies things Willow.

I have never yet seen any of them smile !

Big Al, I thought you could do better than that. Well if you go on the CCFA web site click on "Meet The Cornwall FA Team" at the bottom of the page I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the smiling faces on the web site. Go on do it just for the fun of it, I'm sure it will make you smile.

That new registration rule which I understand has now been discarded/ammended was unfortunate on Falmouth as they became the first victims of it.

The previous rule I think only applied to the Semi Final & Final

Although it was added to the rule book rather ambiguously most if not all clubs were unaware of it at the time and later many Junior clubs fell into the trap.

Leading 3-0 Falmouth brought on as sub a new signing late in the game.

I have never seen a County handbook of today with the rules so I hope I am right in wehat I say.

Mike - Handbook on the County's website for looking at or downloading.

Re this particular item of discussion:-

5. Qualification of Players
a. The Competition shall open to all Contract and Non-Contract players who have attained the age of 16 years.
b. The following player eligibility Rules shall apply:
i. In all rounds of this competition, a player shall be a registered member for the team competing in this competition, having registered with the League in which his Team normally competes prior to playing and before March 1st in the current
season.
ii. Teams in this competition shall not include more than TWO players in any one game who have taken part in two or more games at Step 4 or above in the F.A. National League System during the current season unless a period of 28 days has elapsed since they last played.
iii. A player may only play for ONE CLUB in this competition.
c. All players must, by March 1st in the current season, be eligible to compete in future rounds of the Senior Cup Competition. No player shall be eligible to participate in the Final of this Competition unless, during the current season, he has played in a minimum of five competition matches for his Club. In special circumstances, and with the consent of the Association, dispensation from the qualifying games may be granted in respect of a goalkeeper.
d. A Club may, at its discretion and in accordance with the Laws of the Game, use 3 substitute players in any match in this competition, who may be selected from 5 players. The referee shall be informed of the names of the substitutes before the start of the match. A player who has been selected or named as a substitute before the start of the match but does not actually play in the game shall not be considered to have been a player in that game.
e. For the Semi-Finals and Final ties, competing clubs must send to each other and the County Association, the full names of their intended playing squad seven clear days 46 prior to the match or be fined £25. Any protest as to eligibility of players shall be lodged with the County Association at least three days prior to the date of the match.
f. A player with a written contract, having had his registration cancelled by the Football Association, ceases to be a registered member of that Club from the date of cancellation. The Club Secretary must at once notify the respective League Registration Secretary of the date of cancellation. Should the player wish to play again he must complete new registration forms for all competitions.
g. Should a player play for more than one Club in this competition, he shall be guilty of misconduct and shall be fined of £25 and dealt with as the County Association may determine. Such player shall be deemed to be a member of the Club for which he is first registered and if transferred shall be deemed “cup tied” for his new Club. He may only represent the Club for which he was first registered in this competition if transferred back to them. It shall be the duty of all Clubs to notify the County Association in writing of any case in which this Rule is known to have been infringed. Failure to so notify shall be dealt with as the County Association may determine.
h. In the case of infringements of Rules 5b, 5c and 5g the match shall be awarded to Club against whom an illegible player is played.

You learn something new everyday! I didn't know the top 2 tiers (the exemptees) were numbered numerically!

Numbered re alphabetical order only in Round 3. The other 20 are usually numbered from the match order drawn from Round 2. I believe this process than carries on from Round 3 to 4 and on. We will see if this happens if the winners of Arsenal v Hull are no 1 in the 4th round draw.

You learn something new everyday! I didn't know the top 2 tiers (the exemptees) were numbered numerically!

Numbered re alphabetical order only in Round 3. The other 20 are usually numbered from the match order drawn from Round 2. I believe this process than carries on from Round 3 to 4 and on. We will see if this happens if the winners of Arsenal v Hull are no 1 in the 4th round draw. Doncaster v Bristol City was the last match drawn, so the winner should be no 32 in the 4th Round draw. Get me ???

Just to clarify that the draws for the next rounds of the Senior Cup and Junior Cup Competitions will be 'live' on Radio Cornwall next Saturday ( 13th ) at 5.30 pm.

Hoping that two former 'mega stars' of Cornish Soccer will be on hand to carry out the draw '. :Santa::Santa:

Can now confirm that 'legends' Tommy Matthews and Mark Rapsey are in the house on Saturday at 5.30pm along with Clare Summers-Evans from the CCFA H/Q. :thumbsup: 'proper job'.

Just to clarify that the draws for the next rounds of the Senior Cup and Junior Cup Competitions will be 'live' on Radio Cornwall next Saturday ( 13th ) at 5.30 pm.

Hoping that two former 'mega stars' of Cornish Soccer will be on hand to carry out the draw '. :Santa::Santa:

Can now confirm that 'legends' Tommy Matthews and Mark Rapsey are in the house on Saturday at 5.30pm along with Clare Summers-Evans from the CCFA H/Q. :thumbsup: 'proper job'.

Both gentlemen still mega stars in my opinion David.

Both gentlemen still mega stars in my opinion David.

I totally agree Nigel three absolute legends