Cornwall Football Forum

Naughty Supporters Banned!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, after publicity Pete spent the last 10 days sp*nking all over the press, the reality is that there was no police action, no FA action, no outcry fro the host club. Just Publicity Pete working his own agenda on the basis of a couple of smoke sticks, an uninvited entrance into the boardroom and some stick on a facebook group that he himself applied to join after being warned that it was a bit of a free for all and his Chairman status would count for little. Now of course he is quoting snippets and half sentences from the FA report in an attempt to salvage the longest ban he can enforce which is based on very little other than his own overwhelming need to control everything and everybody.

Publicity Pete, here is some advice for you - As Chairman, just sit in the stand and smoke a cigar while the manager manages, the players play and supporters support. If you can do your bit as well as the others are doing theirs then we'll all be very happy.

I agree with the comments regarding Masters. He wants it both ways. He wants to be respected as the Mr Big/Chairman/Saviour of the club, but also wants to stand with the travelling fans, share a pint etc. It doesn't work like that. As the previous poster stated, his role is to sit in the stand, sign the cheques and keep out of the fans' business. There is no doubt the man has a huge ego - nothing wrong with that, why else would want to be chairman of a football club unless you wanted your face splattered all over the local press etc ? But is also crystal clear he is not a football man.

My goodness, it hasn't taken long, only a season and a half for Truro supporters to fall out with Mr master.

A year ago or so he and his partner put up that £50,000 bond to save the club and has pumped in £700,000 to keep it going, and he was the knight in shining armour, now he is not liked by many around the club.

People seem to have short memories.

Because I dare to write up about the radio interview with Pete Masters, Tiger Talk banned me also blocked my IP address. Seems to me they don't like negative posts. I was not rude all I did was to explain what was said. So much for free speech to that end I have started to make a new Truro City web page forum, and have the backing from the club.

I will be vetting all new members to ensure no bad or rude comments are left Will be banned

I am also looking for another admin to help me in designing the webpage PM if interested

Edited by Mikeyburnsey

One more thing, Like already mentioned I can remember firstly how Pete and Pep were welcomed putting up a bond of £50,000 which they did no know if they would get it back, Then summer just gone in the club house the meeting with the same fans that now think he is @!!!! Because he acted in the correct way. How embarrassing it must of been for him and the club, when a yob marches into to the boardroom , I think that is far worse the the smoke and no one from that group have the decency to say look we were wrong and son't agree either the way the chairman was confronted.

Because I dare to write up about the radio interview with Pete Masters, Tiger Talk banned me also blocked my IP address. Seems to me they don't like negative posts. I was not rude all I did was to explain what was said. So much for free speech to that end I have started to make a new Truro City web page forum, and have the backing from the club.

http://trurocity.myfanforum.org/index.php

I will be vetting all new members to ensure no bad or rude comments are left Will be banned

I am also looking for another admin to help me in designing the webpage PM if interested

Mikey - why don't you just use the forum on the Truro City FC website?

http://trurocity.myfanforum.org/index.php

Mikey - why don't you just use the forum on the Truro City FC website?

I have thought about that, but fans sometimes need to get things of their chest and feel that they cannot express their views on a official site

Unfortunately Darren, as Joe Strummer once put it, "you have the right to free speech, unless you're dumb enough to actually try it" - it appears why the majority of those fans got banned, not for smoke bombs or aggro, Masters has gone on the radio grizzling about wanting apologies but if you've been lucky enough to get a missive from TCFC funnily enough it doesn't actually specify what your supposed to have done! People are being made out to be hooligans when all that is being held against them is internet chat. Basically the lads are keeping clear of their own social media hence it's quiet on Tigertalk, sad to say.

Unfortunately Darren, as Joe Strummer once put it, "you have the right to free speech, unless you're dumb enough to actually try it" - it appears why the majority of those fans got banned, not for smoke bombs or aggro, Masters has gone on the radio grizzling about wanting apologies but if you've been lucky enough to get a missive from TCFC funnily enough it doesn't actually specify what your supposed to have done! People are being made out to be hooligans when all that is being held against them is internet chat. Basically the lads are keeping clear of their own social media hence it's quiet on Tigertalk, sad to say.

There was a smattering of TISA at St Austell Saturday, but presumably they will be ok doing away games in as much as the ban doesn't extend to all Truro games?

So are the TISA 'culprits' banned from Arseley? Have Truro City got any influence on who the home team can or cannot admit into their own ground? If Masters felt there was trouble at Dunstable, I imagine he'll have a far worse situation at Arseley this Saturday when a number of fans who have travelled for 6 hours are told they can't see the game.

Poor state of affairs when the club start falling out/banning their hardcore supporters who follow them through thick and thin.

I tried to get on the tigertalk forum and it would not let me on, so it has banned guests as well or was it just me?

CTB this was a reply on TT by the forum Admin after a similar query, hope this helps:

Samtaylor, it is quite simple - I took the decision to make the forum viewable to registered users only, and to manually authorise new members prior to them having access.

Innocent comments by decent individuals are being used against them at the moment, and although I realise that club officials will have indirect access to this forum it's just a bit of protection for everyone.

Sad though it is, it's just the way it has to be right now.

It only takes a second to log in.

TigerTalk Administrator

So are the TISA 'culprits' banned from Arseley? Have Truro City got any influence on who the home team can or cannot admit into their own ground? If Masters felt there was trouble at Dunstable, I imagine he'll have a far worse situation at Arseley this Saturday when a number of fans who have travelled for 6 hours are told they can't see the game.

I assume that TCFC would have to liase with the Home team and provide a club official to act as a 'spotter' at the turnstiles to help identify the fans? This whole thing is a shambles, not that the 2 who let the smoke off and the berk who went into the boardroom can be excused, but the rest of it is getting beyond a joke

The Chairman has dug himself into a hole over the Dunstable debacle but rather than stop digging he toils away getting himself deeper into the mire.(Can there be a link to his pseudonym"Turd").He had the chance of using tact and diplomacy in private behind closed doors to defuse the situation for the good of the club,yet in his wisdom chose to take the questionable media route.My worry is how this bodes and the effect it will have with our current and potential future sponsors,our partners in theTreyew Road redevelopment,the retailers ear-marked to occupy Treyew Retail Park and not least the effect on the planning consent application for Treyew Road.It is without doubt sending out the message of a club in turmoil behind the scenes.As my gran would say,God bless her soul,"you dont wash your dirty linen in public".

It will not affect the possible development of Treyew road, too much money involved in that, and the only way the two can get their money back. That's a long way from being written in stone yet anyway.

Not good either to start the name calling (turd) I agree that using the media route is a bad way to go, the rags love this stuff, more interesting than the women's institute pages though. From saviour to Satan in the blink of and eye, that's what happens when non football people get involved in football.

Not really true. "the two" will get their money back when they vacate Treyew RD with or without a stadium being built for TCFC. And we know which the developers would prefer. It's been very quite on the new TCFC stadium front, indeed in a week when The Stadium for Cornwall has been in the news 'Publicity Pete' seems more concerned with pursuing his vendetta against a small group of fans.

Never said anything about the white elephant for Cornwall, simply the development of the ground. Don't start me on the stadium please!

Can't see anything mendacious (untruthful) its all over, and everywhere now.

As for banning, vetting their own forum, well, you couldn't make that up! talk about stoking the fire.

Tiger talk, the white tigers....load of old bo££ocks They are TCFC and always will be, maybe, could end up being malpas marauders I suppose !

Well it seems that there's no point travelling Saturday if you are one of the seven!

Taken from the Truro City FC website :

"Important notice to travelling supporters to Arlesey Sat 13th December.

Arlesey Town Football Club are fully supporting the interim bans placed on the seven Truro City fans involved with the incident at Dunstable Town on 22nd November 2014. None of the banned seven will be allowed into the match at the Armadillo Stadium this Saturday. Additional security has been put in place to oversee the event.

Tracey Finemore

Club Secretary."

The big question in all this with regards to the owners. Turd said that it costs around £400k to run tcfc. Now I'm no maths genius but I can't see where there's a return on that, so the question ...... Why would you 'invest' money into something like this?

I may be wrong but didn't Mr.Masters say when he bought the club that they needed gates in the region of 700 people to break even?

And where's Mountaineer? Hope he's ok.

I'm here Dave, Thanks for your concern.

I missed the follow up to Dunstable as I was on holiday in the Canary Islands, returned late Friday getting to bed at 4 am Saturday but made Arlesey where there were NO WINNERS only minus FRIENDS who were there for me when my wife died a few years ago - I have admitted previously there were errors at Dunstable but criminalising people is not acceptable, yesterday hurt hence my following post taken from Tigertalk. You may buy people but friends come free of charge with a hallmark.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What season of goodwill - A Bloody Disgrace.

Today I was sickened to see photographs of FRIENDS displayed at the turnstiles as if they were criminals, who can justify a ban on friends I have stood side by side with for the past SEVEN YEARS NEVER PUTTING A FOOT WRONG, people who together with other supporters did more than most to help pay the players in the clubs hour of need, is picking up a discarded smoke stick and holding it aloft until it safely burns out an offence? maybe but a ban, ridiculous, a quiet word is all that was needed.

I have just looked through some recent HOME programmes where there is not a word about a Stadium Code of Conduct, I thought it was a requirement of all clubs to publish in their programme of events appropriate reference to modern day requirements, perhaps the programme editor has a case to answer for his failure, how can supporters judge what is right or wrong if they are NOT informed.

Last Friday the media thought it great when Blyth Spartans did the same on a LARGER scale to that of the Truro supporters, no FA or Club action there, the media thought it GREAT TELEVISION to see the Blyth flares.

Some of my friends are banned so I think it best I stay away so here's wishing everyone an early Merry Christmas and good fortune in the New Year.

I usually comment on games but sickened that friends are stigmatised I can only say I DID NOT ENJOY TODAY'S EXPERIENCE.

The extra security was in evidence a crowd of 121 had 6 in high viz jackets and as many again roaming the terraces in suits, how much did Truro City pay to ensure it's POWER STATEMENT - My brother gave his life for this country so people could enjoy freedom of expression, it is times like this that has me questioning if many in the service of this country give their lives in vane.

Let's get this right, the Football Association had to be seen to back the club but that response was watered down to a minimum other than saying no case to answer other than possibly one incident, if if hadn't been for that incident I don't think ANY BANS would have been imposed. NOW is the time for the ban decision to be reconsidered and common sense to prevail.

AN IMPORTANT ISSUE was the state of the ARLESEY TERRACES, supporters were falling on them due to them being covered in ice, this danger was pointed out to the stewards who could only smile, now is the time for clubs to get the salt in stock to ensure fans can view the games in safety.

A mate of mine went to the game yesterday at Arlesley and he says he will not be watching Truro again home or away until this is sorted out. I agree with Mountaineer. This is a disgrace. Apparently there were photos of the Truro fans at the turnstiles, and the away following was constantly monitored to make sure none of the banned fans were in the ground. Masters makes Kevin Heaney look like a saint. I know he 'saved' the club, although if the club had gone bust, by now there would be an AFC Truro , run and owned by the fans, in operation. I want Masters OUT. I would rather have TCFC playing at a lower level than have the club in the hands of a man like Masters .

The posts above are all so very true.

So sad.

Its not just the 7 that are banned that is affected,its the close friendships that have been built over the years of all our travels together.

They are suffering as well,and are protesting with their feet.

The Chairman is ripping the heart out the Football Club.

This is what happens at all levels,when non-football people get their hands on Football Clubs.

Was passed the news yesterday of the involvement of a certain local radio journalist (who enjoys Master's hospitality at the ground) I was appalled to hear that he'd contacted one fans' employer to find out if he'd been sacked over this incident.Has this guy been found guilty of a criminal act in a court of law? NO! If true this behaviour is utterly reprehensible, I for one will also not be attending until this farce is brought to a conclusion.

Have Truro City FC gone back to 1940's Nazi Germany? Masters Sounds like he's providing a re-enactment of Hitler & his SS Troops at Treyew Rd!!!

Well in the meantime for those wishing to flee Nazi Truro, feel free to head to Poltair where you will be warmly welcomed by a Club on the up who prefer a more "free world" policy!!!

Seats available too on our coaches for our FA Vase away fixture at Greenwich Borough if you fancy an away day in January.

Hope to see you soon.

Was passed the news yesterday of the involvement of a certain local radio journalist (who enjoys Master's hospitality at the ground) I was appalled to hear that he'd contacted one fans' employer to find out if he'd been sacked over this incident.Has this guy been found guilty of a criminal act in a court of law? NO! If true this behaviour is utterly reprehensible, I for one will also not be attending until this farce is brought to a conclusion.

I doubt if the employer had a clue what the call was about did they? 😃

One Truro fan who was at Arlesley yesterday had to show ID to a steward to prove he wasn't one of the banned fans. I have watched football at all levels, all over the country and abroad - and I have never experienced such treatment handed out by a chairman to his own fans. I suugest real fans boycott all Truro games until Masters either reinstates these fans or better still buggers off and leaves the club. I will not spend one more penny watching Truro City until Masters is gone. I encourage other fans of football to do the same.

One Truro fan who was at Arlesley yesterday had to show ID to a steward to prove he wasn't one of the banned fans. I have watched football at all levels, all over the country and abroad - and I have never experienced such treatment handed out by a chairman to his own fans. I suugest real fans boycott all Truro games until Masters either reinstates these fans or better still buggers off and leaves the club. I will not spend one more penny watching Truro City until Masters is gone. I encourage other fans of football to do the same.

It is starting to happen.

People are protesting this nonsense,with there feet.

Wait until the middle of February,in the middle of the week with freezing weather and pissing with rain,and Truro slip out the play-off zone.

Where will all Masters die-hard fans be then..

This is all heading in one direction.

What difference would any drop in attendances actually make though? Realistically the club could survive on the lowest average attendance currently experienced in the division.

Attendance Statistics

Team Lowest Highest Average +/-

1 Weymouth 424 1509 778 +47.35%

2 Hereford United 239 617 409 -76.73%

3 Corby Town 230 518 404 +48.53%

4 Truro City 252 503 384 +5.79%

5 Hitchin Town 201 1606 382 +11.70%

6 Dorchester Town 265 474 342 -12.31%

7 St Neots Town 199 619 325 -1.81%

8 Chippenham Town 189 374 305 -4.39%

9 Poole Town 165 410 293 -14.33%

10 Slough Town 238 354 289 +3.58%

11 Chesham United 232 335 280 -25.93%

12 Cambridge City 202 509 268 -1.11%

13 Redditch United 159 447 267 +36.92%

14 Banbury United 157 344 245 +1.24%

15 Bideford 152 328 211 -12.08%

16 Frome Town 157 265 187 -13.02%

17 Paulton Rovers 90 302 182 +6.43%

18 Histon 103 328 181 -43.96%

19 Arlesey Town 80 343 172 -0.58%

20 Dunstable Town 101 242 159 +12.77%

21 Biggleswade Town 100 301 148 -25.25%

22 Burnham 76 453 143 +6.72%

23 Hungerford Town 88 163 139 +4.51%

24 Cirencester Town 75 230 127 +5.83%

I don't think personal abuse will achieve much, what is needed is for breaches of discipline to be dealt with in the same manner as they are at clubs worldwide, on individual merit, what is not needed is for people to invent things in order to achieve victory over another.

Perhaps next Saturday the terraces chant will ring out with "We are not Truro City we're Blyth Spartans". (Non Leagues current Flare Club).

Sorry if I've misunderstood the situation, but living where I do, only seeing Truro play very rarely when they are in the Midlands, and having to rely on a couple of forums for information, I may well have done.

My question is:

Have any of the people concerned actually apologised for their actions yet, to Truro and to Dunstable? There seems to be a lot of criticism for the Club, but the people who let off the flare (or whatever it was), caused the damage, and invaded the boardroom seem to be being held up as some type of martyrs who have done nothing wrong. Immediate apologies would surely have pre-empted all, or at least most, of the aftermath.

Is it too late for some sort of sense, especially given how well things are going ON the pitch at the moment?