Cornwall Football Forum

Mousehole!!!The place to be on saturday

With Porthleven & Penzance both playing there cup games on Thursday & Friday, there is no BIGGER game for all football fans in the area than Mousehole (top of div 1 west :yahoo: ) V Falmouth Town (3rd in the premier league :P ) in the 1st round of the Throgmorton Cup on saturday. All welcome!!!!!!!! Come On The Greens!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Totally agree "green & white" the biggest game in SW Cornwall on Saturday at Trungle Park,not sure if Gulval ,Madron or St.Just would agree? Ha-Ha

It will be Falmouth's first visit at first team competition level since 1984 when in a Cornwall Combination League match ,goals from Ron Vercesi and Eno Udo (familiar to Penzance AFC) gave Town a 2-0 win.

I do know of a Falmouth supporter coming from Southampton for the first time to Mousehole and I expect to see a 100+ gate..

I did notice on the SWPL website the kick off will be at 2-30pm.

I believe there is another game in the Truro area but I will catch up on those details in the Sunday papers!

Mousehole-Falmouth connection.

Anthony Tonkin a County Youth defender joined Falmouth from Mousehole 1996 making 30 appearances and one goal before going to university.

He began a professional football career with Yeovil Town in 1999 before moving to Stockport County for £50,000 in 2002 and a season later moved on to Crewe Alexandra for a reputed fee of £150,000.

In 2006 he returned to Yeovil on a free transfer and then a loan spell at Grays Athletic.

This season after turning down F.League clubs to stay in the West Country he has settled at Forest Green Rovers in the Conference

His record of 234 League/Conference appearances plus 23 cup games scoring 2 goals.

Thanks green & white. Its a day/game we at the club are all very much looking forward to.

Will be selecting from a full strength squad with Mark George,Tom Patrick, Toby Cape and Will Blight returning to the squad after missing last Saturdays game at St Austell.

Should also be in a position to confirm another new signing in time for Saturday!!!

Well seagull, I really hope that it goes through ok for all concerned parties. The player finally has a smile on his face again when talking about footy and hopefully your club and the lad himself will be good for eachother. Just hope that the "other club" is willing to play ball and not cause too many problems for you or the player concerned.

Ofcourse, if they do create problems, there will be no problems with him coming to Gulval, spending a few weeks with me in the reserves and earning a place in the first team :D ..

Joking aside though, Good luck with it and I hope he'll be welcome at your club.

Glad to hear it Winkle Picker. I was going to stay and watch him on sunday BUT an 11am introduction to the lovely Stella (Artois) meant that I was in no fit state to continue. :drink: .. He's definately hungry and when I spoke to him about it (going to mousehole) on sunday afternoon he really was grinning from ear to ear.

Well I hope your new signing does well and starts enjoying his football again.

Who's the other friend then coopsie?

is it Stella :drink:

See you Wednesday :P

Well it's certainly not you now knack you b#####d. :clapper: . I'll be seeing you wednesday, don't you worry about that. Unless it's dry and I actually get to do some more work?.

With Porthleven & Penzance both playing there cup games on Thursday & Friday, there is no BIGGER game for all football fans in the area than Mousehole (top of div 1 west :yahoo: ) V Falmouth Town (3rd in the premier league :P ) in the 1st round of the Throgmorton Cup on saturday. All welcome!!!!!!!! Come On The Greens!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Hope No Penzance/Porthleven supporters get distracted to Truro as this is the BIG Cornish match of the day- on view for less than half the price.

Truro are charging £7-00 plus £1-00 for grandstand!

The FA recommend Min.£5-00 for 2nd.Qual.Rd.

I was at that game cornishteddyboy, it was quite an occasion and a heck of an atmosphere. I remember Govey in goal had an absolute stormer of a game and without him between the sticks it would have been atleast 15-0. Be a long time before anything like that goes on at Trungle again. That's not a dig at Mousehole by the way.

Seagull=

I understand the occasion was to officially open the ground at Trungle Park or was it to own the ground from the Council?

I remember going there in the mid 70's and have Mousehole always played at the ground.

According to my records Falmouth Town had a pre season friendly at Trungle Park in Aug.98 to commemorate Mousehole's 75th.anniversary