Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 23rd Results

Crowntown 2 TMS 10

Emphatic win for a strong TMS team against a depleted Crowntown team. Most of the damage was done in the first half. (8-1) Crowntown, missing several (at least 4) key players struggled. Not helped by a bespectacled goalkeeper, blinded by the drizzle!

Second half was much better for Crowntown conceding only two, not so emphatic, goals.

The high spot was the TMS keeper deciding that he didn't want to play any more, walking off, leaving them to finish the game with ten men. (Was it something someone said, or was the rain too wet?)

Game played in an excellent spirit. Well reffed by Christian Hall

Guest Postie Pidge

Mpad United 3 - 0 Halsetown (H/T 2-0)

Goals from Nick Latimir and Stuart Westhead (2) set us up for a good result!

Well reffed by Plonker! :clapper:

Camborne Park 3 - 7 Regent

Truro GWRSA 8 - 0 Falmouth Albion

Gloweth United 6 - 3 Calenick

Truro United 1 - 5 Shortlanesend

Bill - nothing wrong with bespectacled goalies! And yes we had drizzle in Penryn as well

Cheers to crowntown for keeping spirits high in this match. TMS scorers were dan taylor 3, caddy 1 , deano 2, jake 2, and not sure rest ???? Awesome first half performence going at 8-1 but both strikers deano and jakie had to go off as well as right winger nathan crowle. Good performence putting tms top of league.

What happen to albion ??

Gloweth United 6 - 3 Calenick another good result for us, that see's us sitting pretty up top :D Had a scare losing the lead. but after half time we stepped up our game. Only having one sub as well. Got them in the cup next week end!

Mpad United 3 - 0 Halsetown - Good result postie pidge how was the game????? :thumbsup: :c:

The high spot was the TMS keeper deciding that he didn't want to play any more, walking off, leaving them to finish the game with ten men. (Was it something someone said, or was the rain too wet?)

oldasitgets,

walking off and leaving the pitch wouldnt have been an option if people didnt take the piss.

i made a mistake in the 1st half which lead to a goal for you boys. which was funny but the joke went on to long.

it was bad sports man ship from me but i got a bad temper and make rash descisions sumtime.

any way that was my last game for tms and football.

Guest Postie Pidge

Mpad 3-0 Halsetown

In drizzling rain, it was a good result! From having 16 early in the week to the bare 11 by Sunday morning, Halsetown's late arrival and the waiting in the rain didn't do anyone any favours.

In slippery conditions, the ball skidded on the wet surface and it was good refereeing by Plonker who used common sense, especially after I went for the ball and couldn't stop sliding and their Spanish (probably) forward managed to make contact with me rather than the other way around and fell over claiming a penalty.

Nick Latimir scored the first after a run down the right and the lead was doubled 10 or so minutes later when Stuart Westhead notched his first of the game.

Luis (the Klinsman of Halsetown) after diving off the pitch, decided to slap our full back several times to which he only received a warning. This was followed minutes later by a repeat of his actions to which he received the red card. Halsetown keeper decided to do a Rene Higuita and come to far out field, only to lose posession and allowed Westhead to score with a crisp low shot from distance.

Halsetown did nothing but moan at our linesman (our injured star striker) who was firm but fair.

"If you're going to do that (run the line) you have to expect to get abuse" said one of the Halsetown players. Running the line or refereeing the game, you shouldn't expect to be abused. Everyone should abide by their decisions then we'd have more of them happily giving up their time to allow more games to take place.

U played well then!!! The weather was awful slidding everywhere. (WAIT I LOVE IT LIKE THAT)! Who have you got in the cup next week pidge? We have got Calenick in the cup. :thumbsup::yahoo: :clapper:

Guest Postie Pidge

We have a tough game at Oxford Inn.

CORNWALL SUNDAY CUP 1st ROUND

BLUE ANCHOR VS TREGADILLET

BOOTERS VS THREEMILESTONE

CAMBORNE PARK VS HALSETOWN

COLAN VS LUXULYAN

FALMOUTH ALBION VS SHORTLANESEND

FOXHOLE STARS VS QUEENS HEAD

GLOWETH UNITED VS CALENICK

LAMORNA VS CARLYON ARMS

OXFORD INN VS MPAD UNITED

ST BLAZEY VS PACKHORSE INN

ST BREWARD VS NEWMOOR ROVERS

STAR INN VS REGENT

TRURO GWRSA VS TREMOUGH

TRURO UNITED VS TREGONISSEY WMC

Byes - Crowntown and Duke Of Cornwall

Just to say I and Phil Pascoe shall not be letting Geachy leave Tms with out one hell of a fight he has been having a awsome season to date for us so we shall not be letting him walk away over something so petty as a bit of what was only friendly bannter even if it did drag on a lil long but these things happen, and im sure we can resolve all issues asap and get on with our strong start to the season both saturdays and sundays!!!!!

We have a tough game at Oxford Inn.

CORNWALL SUNDAY CUP 1st ROUND

BLUE ANCHOR VS TREGADILLET

BOOTERS VS THREEMILESTONE

CAMBORNE PARK VS HALSETOWN

COLAN VS LUXULYAN

FALMOUTH ALBION VS SHORTLANESEND

FOXHOLE STARS VS QUEENS HEAD

GLOWETH UNITED VS CALENICK

LAMORNA VS CARLYON ARMS

OXFORD INN VS MPAD UNITED

ST BLAZEY VS PACKHORSE INN

ST BREWARD VS NEWMOOR ROVERS

STAR INN VS REGENT

TRURO GWRSA VS TREMOUGH

TRURO UNITED VS TREGONISSEY WMC

Byes - Crowntown and Duke Of Cornwall

+ CROWNTOWN VS WENDRON

Crowntown hasn't got a bye. County wrote and said that we now were playing Wendron!

I have asked for an explanation but, as yet, one week later, have had no reply!

Guest Postie Pidge

Funny how Wendron weren't listed in the original draw but as a team in the west has a bye, Wendron are let in and have to play Crowntown.

How did they decide who's at home?

Are we going to do a cornwall cup prediction?? Here's mine-

BLUE ANCHOR VS TREGADILLET - Home

BOOTERS VS THREEMILESTONE - Away

CAMBORNE PARK VS HALSETOWN - Home

COLAN VS LUXULYAN - away

FALMOUTH ALBION VS SHORTLANESEND - home

FOXHOLE STARS VS QUEENS HEAD - home

GLOWETH UNITED VS CALENICK - Home

LAMORNA VS CARLYON ARMS - away

OXFORD INN VS MPAD UNITED - home

ST BLAZEY VS PACKHORSE INN - home

ST BREWARD VS NEWMOOR ROVERS - away

STAR INN VS REGENT - away

TRURO GWRSA VS TREMOUGH - home

TRURO UNITED VS TREGONISSEY WMC - away

What does every 1 else think?????

Guest Rich Ward

All credit to Oldasitgets, i've personally played against him 3 or 4 times and considering his age, he is still a quality opponent. Great wind up merchant too, but all in all a thoroughly decent bloke!

Funny how Wendron weren't listed in the original draw but as a team in the west has a bye, Wendron are let in and have to play Crowntown.

How did they decide who's at home?

Revised comment!

Len lobb has just phoned to explain that Wendron was left out of the draw in error, and that, as Pidge says, we were the only west Club left.

He explained that my letter would be discussed at the "Cups Committee" on Thursday and that we should postpone our game with Wendron. I said that as I had now rearranged all, we would like to play on Sunday.

If we can find a ref, that's what we'll do.

Thanks to Len for the explanation

While I'm here, thank you for the kind comments about the old git who plays at the back for Crowntown. Rich spoiled it a bit with "considering his age", but all in all, the sentiments were most welcome.

Now I'll play for another 10 years. (Probably)

60 next week he told all credit to they guy for what he is doing and he looked one of their better players last week

Not 'til next year do I get a bus pass. You must have misheard with all the pressure I put on you. But thank you for the complement.

I have revised an earlier post in the light of Len Lobb phoning me about the Sunday cup draw.

Cornwall Sunday Cup drew both Star and, belatedly, Crowntown, at home.

Crowntown and Wendron have agreed to switch their game to Wendron as some of the older players would find it confusing with two balls and 44 players on the pitch at once.

Also there are health and safety issues.

Star will be playing Regent at the Nancegollan "Theatre of Nightmares".