Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Legends v Plymouth Argyle Legends - Sun 17th Aug

Nemesis

Cornwall Legends v Plymouth Argyle Legends @ Mount Wise Stadium on Sun 17th August 2.30pm.

Newquay AFC are delighted to be hosting this match, it brings together some of the regions most respected and loved footballers. Cornwall will be managed by Trevor Mewton & Glynn Hooper, no doubt some of you will have already been contacted to play, if not, give either of them a shout and put yourself forwards. Match admission £5 / £3
Plymouth Argyle Fan Festival are coming to help on the day and have promised two coachloads of fans from Plymouth. There will be a Paul Sturrock Q&A session, BBQ & Bar - Pasty & Pint £5
There will also be a football fiesta for the Youth players of Plymouth Argyle & Newquay AFC throughout the day at Mount Wise Stadium and St Columb Minor.

• 2 weeks later...

Players who have been contacted and have agreed to play:

1. Dave Philp
  2. Sid Taylor
  3. John Hodge
  4. Wayne Quinn
  5. Dominic Evans
  6. Neil Burton
  7. Graham Waters
  8. Ian Gosling
  9. Justin Harrington
  10. Glynn Hooper
  11. Mark Rapsey
  12. Adrian Street
  13. Mathew Salmon

Mark Rapsey is concerned that there won't be a shirt big enough to fit him.

PLEASE NOTE THERE HAS BEEN A CORRECTION TO ADMISSION CHARGES.

ALL ADULTS, £4.

CHILDREN, £2.

Haha!! You are right there Cornish Maid! Heard Trev was gonna get us a flashy new Macron Cornwall kit for the day so I've put my xxl order in already!! Got to fit 18 stone of muscle and 48 inch chest into that kit!!! :-). Just a sec, I've just got out the bath, it's actually 12 stone of muscle and 6 stone of fat!!! Find it goes well with my one decent knee these days! Be great to see the boss and all the lads again, come along for a great cause everyone! I'm sure Argyle will have a great team out as well!

Sorry, just read that back and it seems I like to mention the word "great" a lot!!! That's what a Richard Lander School education does for you!! Although I think if I remember rightly I got kicked out of English and maths quite a bit for laughing at people farting on those old plastic chairs!!! We were shit hot at rugby though, county champs 4 years in a row so it wasn't all bad!! Good days! :-)

Argyle 'Legends' can never announce a side or squad until the day itself due to availability.However, looking at the Cornwall side, I'd imagine that more folk would come out for them if they were true Cornish Football fans.

If Rappo thinks that a Macron XXL is big enough, I'd suggest he gets back on the phone to Mewton. The Italian Macron kits are always 1 or 2 sizes too small for the British frame, although the professional kits look great.

I hope Tommy Tynan a true Argyle legend plays and not someone who has played a couple of times and is classed as a legend ,also how can Wayne Quinn be classed as a Cornish Legend hes not been here long enough for that Cornish Legends should mean Cornishmen the 3 Street brothers should be in there how about Nigel Martyn Chris Morris players who did make it big in football .Looking forward to the game on sunday and off to see St Austell vs Newquay tonight im going for a 6-1 win to St Austell