Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Rumours 2014/15

A real shame to see titans fold aswell as Porthleven and Redruth Athletic also, I know most these teams have folded due to not enough players or no manager to take them forward.

But as it goes with players following managers it happens and always will continue too happens in professional game after manager leaves a certain club takes couple best players with him, certain players join clubs because they like playing for that person!

However it's a real shame for people behind the scenes....

And on couple teams who have won lots of games convincingly in lower leagues Mabe, Falmouth Town, Ourselves at Camborne Park, And also Marazion Reserves maybe we all could compete couple leagues higher but i am sure from our point of view aswell as theirs you have to earn your right to progress as we did this year and as far as we are thinking we will be in division 3 next season anything else we,ll have to wait and see til tonight :) should be a interesting meeting

Go down to Prem, div 1,2 and 3 and re shuffle the leagues, take out some cups, and you are there!

Stokefan....no player or person is bigger than the club, the club is what players SHOULD play for not the manager or where their mates play, loyalty is getting less frequent!!

Stop anymore teams coming into the leagues as of now for x2/3 seasons and see how we are standing then, it's too easy nowadays to be dropped by a manager, get a few mates, a crappy field with goalposts, and a made up club name like you'd hear in the US of A! Get a set of balls you lot and stop taking the easy option!

Might as well throw two pennies worth in, having left Titans in Feb-March it was taken over by the very capable Casey Adams who did state that he would continue the club forward but only until the season ended, as he had commitments elsewhere. At that point the manager who was supposed to take over joined the club to help out etc. He was very keen to run the club this season & had i believe heard that 6 or 7 players were coming from the Chacewater area with him. However as El presidente has put he pulled out at the last minute , now rumours are just rumours but with Luke from Chacewater teaming up with Casey at Perranwell maybe a lot of players are going Perran & therefore has the door opened at Chacewater for the Titans said to be Manager to leave players where they are. All rumours as usual, only in time will we know. From a Titans perspective great little club who i helped build from a relegation team into champions & the battles against lots of teams was superb & i know the lads from Titans having been on tour with them last weekend are upset at how the club has folded but you need more than one or two people running a club, & whether you like it or not Titans ran out of helpers. At the last meeting three or four committee members attended which is pretty much all the club ever had & three resigned . However this was not done on the night the club knew of this for months. I believe I'm right in saying that it was left to little to late in the end to salvage anything out of the club. On the player front yes players follow managers i know I've been slated for it & will be again except this time id like the local lads to at least stay in the area as most are from Camborne & a few were at Holmans to start with so you could say IF & it is an IF i persuade some of the players to go to Holmans at least they won't be leaving the area. As for Camborne maybe its time the biggest club in it where footballs concerned woke back up, i really hope that i can make that happen with the help of some good people at Holmans. Just incase anyones interested I've asked for one season to share with my son & hopefully try to put a decent team together to win promotion back to combo, tall order, bloody massive , but when wouldn't i want a challenge :) To the enjoyment of many i might fall flat on my face but hey difference is instead of staying there i might just get straight back up again. Wishing all teams well for the 2014-15 season.

Well Mr Marks.....you hit the nail on the head there....ran out of helpers. Its going to keep on coming, time and time again, players do nothing but play and go. Most clubs have an ageing band of volunteers with no prospect of the young un's stepping up to the plate....more clubs to go yet.

Cant disagree its a real shame but theres still that old banter of , ( the only thing we don't do is there boots up) although come to think of it? Not seen so many clubs go in one season like last night at the agm must confess. It will keep on coming your right.