Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Rumours 2014/15

Heard that Mousehole reserves are linking up with Newlyn Lions to form Lion and Mouse FC, St Day, St Ives, St Agnes, St Buryan, St Keverne St Just all to combine to form super club "All Saints". With Threemilestone going to Carharrack, Gulval are going to Threemilestone, Newquay are going to Gulval and West Cornwall are going to North Cornwall. Camborne Park are going to Sennen, change their minds and go to Helston before making their way back to Park via Cury. Perranwell and Porthleven are combining to form a new side called Perranporth.

Man United are going glory hunting a placing a side in Trelawny 5 in a bid to win something and two new clubs set up to enter the leagues, believed to be called Poker Hand and Origami, but apparently they have already folded.

Had all this information officially from Danny Foster, Myleene Klass, Kym Marsh, Suzanne Shaw and Noel Sullivan, so it could just be Hear'Say

I can put to squash we are not joining up with titans Camborne park FC and titans two separate clubs just play on same ground and drink same club.

Best luck to titans on search for new manager marksy be tough to replace had good squad and lot of success. Good luck to marksy at holmans

Guido has heard a interesting rumbling down the old ale house this evening. Have been told the the league and County FA are preparing to suspend Storm FC from all club competitions and league activity next season as they are refusing to fully assist into a investigation into a assault on a match official last season. Guido understands that the assault is currently being investigated by the police however Storms refusal to give the name of the (ahem club official) individual involved could carry the maximum penalty by the FA.

As always just a rumour.... :ph34r:

We have had no problems with titans sharing ground or clubhouse, unfortunately pointers you may not understand but not as easy as you make it out to be to get own pitch and clubhouse . Rome wasn't built in day and clubs doing their best to survive these days and progress! Which us

N titans have Done So instead being negative you should be respecting these clubs for continuing to play and make effort to improve. Don't judge if you know nothing about the clubs your talking about and what's going on to improve things

Titans have new manager who will so I've heard be bringing 6 new players to the club good luck to him and titans. Great club and atmosphere at titans. As for Camborne park always got on well as two teams in same club. Hope they continue there success of climbing the leagues.

We have had no problems with titans sharing ground or clubhouse, unfortunately pointers you may not understand but not as easy as you make it out to be to get own pitch and clubhouse . Rome wasn't built in day and clubs doing their best to survive these days and progress! Which us

N titans have Done So instead being negative you should be respecting these clubs for continuing to play and make effort to improve. Don't judge if you know nothing about the clubs your talking about and what's going on to improve things

Scott probably best think uv sd all yr mate. How many junior and senior clubs actually own there own pitch/club house etc? Not too many if all these teams pulled out the trelawny league would b like the Sunday league.

Not a rumour but Porthleven Rangers are pulling out of the Trelawny League. After joining the Falmouth Helston League in 1995 its seems we can no longer commit to another season. Its simply down to a lack of Players and no one willing to take over the key roles in the club, So Rather than failing to raise sides and face ever growing fines and costs we have made the decision to withdraw.

We would like to thank all those involved with the league and all those we have met on the field over the years.

Its been emotional.................

Cheers for the vote of confidence Babo but PP is probably right. Long term that is definitely the goal, and would be a massive achievement starting from scratch and getting senior football in that space of time. However, a lot needs to be done both on and off the pitch. Will be some good sides fighting it out for promotion this year. Assuming tms have gone to carharrack then there's them, st buryan, holmans to name a few. Being our first season in the league it's a big ask! Off the pitch we would have to get a lot of things done to meet the criteria for combo, but I'm certain these things will be already being looked at! Looking forward to this season, meeting new sides and a few from last year. All the best to everyone. Not much longer!!!

Titans have been let down by their new manager, who informed me yesterday that he didn't want the job, with the league agm only 4 days away this has left us in a situation where if we don't fill the post by then we are going to have to fold. Any one out their who would like to help us keep this great little club going please contact me ASAP.

Patrick 07979362090

Sad times it's a shame you've been left in the poop like this! All that hard work down the drain I sincerely hope you find someone.

As for combo football I'd love to see caharrack in the mix for it, great club and set up a shame it won't be with the local loyal lads but that's football nowadays.

It's going to make for a very interesting Trelawny AGM, what are they going to do about the leagues? Have the number of teams dropped out mean there'll be no division 5? What about those teams that have performed exceptionally well and should be playing higher than the leagues they will be moving into (re: Mabe and Falmouth Town from Div 5, Camborne Park from Div 4)?

Bruce always organises a good meeting and the leagues will be formed from the premier down.

If a league finished with a full 16 normally 3 will be relegated the Premier didn't and finished with 15 so two will still be relegated with Helston and Illogan being promoted to combo and no side dropping down I can see 5 being promoted from Div 1. With 15 finishing the season 2 will be relegated and I would think 6 promoted from Div 2......obviously I'm only going on what has happened on previous AGM's so things might change but with how the season ended below is 'probably' how it will go:-

Premier - 15 Finished 2 up 2 down (11 left)

Div 1 - 15 Finished 5 up 2 down (10 left)

Div 2 - 14 Finished 6 up 1 down (9 left)

Div 3 - 16 Finished 7 up 3 down (7 left)

Div 4 - 15 Finished 9 up 2 down (7 left)

Div 5 - 14 Finished 9 up (7 Left) Space for 9 new teams to apply plus the side who finished in the relegation spot.

Obviously I might be completely wrong and Chippy will be on the blower in a minute to give me a sound scudding plus the above doesn't take into account any sides that have dropped out since the end of May

On the subject of teams that 'play well' and jump a couple of divisions.....never gonna happen!!!

Bruce always organises a good meeting and the leagues will be formed from the premier down.

If a league finished with a full 16 normally 3 will be relegated the Premier didn't and finished with 15 so two will still be relegated with Helston and Illogan being promoted to combo and no side dropping down I can see 5 being promoted from Div 1. With 15 finishing the season 2 will be relegated and I would think 6 promoted from Div 2......obviously I'm only going on what has happened on previous AGM's so things might change but with how the season ended below is 'probably' how it will go:-

Premier - 15 Finished 2 up 2 down (11 left)

Div 1 - 15 Finished 5 up 2 down (10 left)

Div 2 - 14 Finished 6 up 1 down (9 left)

Div 3 - 16 Finished 7 up 3 down (7 left)

Div 4 - 15 Finished 9 up 2 down (7 left)

Div 5 - 14 Finished 9 up (7 Left) Space for 9 new teams to apply plus the side who finished in the relegation spot.

Obviously I might be completely wrong and Chippy will be on the blower in a minute to give me a sound scudding plus the above doesn't take into account any sides that have dropped out since the end of May

On the subject of teams that 'play well' and jump a couple of divisions.....never gonna happen!!!

I know for a fact Threemilestone are folding their reserve team, add that to porthleven rangers and redruth athletic that would only leave only 4 in divvy 5.

I haven't seen any rumors on here of new teams, so i would of thought they will have to go 14 in each league to enable them to keep the prem + 5 divisions going, with perhaps 16 in the premier?

In my opinion 90 teams is to many for the Trelawney league, add in the lack of referees and i think 75 would be a more realistic number.

Not long to wait now anyway!

.... Have recieved a "scudding" off chippy ?........as usual im talking nonsense and its the following according to the rules

Prom/rel as per league rules.

P. 1 down

D1. 2 up 1 down

D2. 2 up none down

D3. 2 up 2 down

D4. 2 up 1 down

D5. 2 up, 2 for re-election

After that apparently their is a cunning plan!!!!!

.... Have recieved a "scudding" off chippy ........as usual im talking nonsense and its the following according to the rules

Prom/rel as per league rules.

P. 1 down

D1. 2 up 1 down

D2. 2 up none down

D3. 2 up 2 down

D4. 2 up 1 down

D5. 2 up, 2 for re-election

After that apparently their is a cunning plan!!!!!

After a quick look through the tables, i would say that would leave it something like -

prem -14,

div1 -14,

div2 -12,

div3 -15

div 4 -14

div 5 -12 + any new teams.

+ add the cunning plan!!!

I was told back in March when I was still at Holmans that most the titans lads were looking at making the switch to Holmans. Shame to see so many sides folding but hopefully there won't be many matches called off due to lack of players now :)

Agree with abbo, what is wrong with players nowadays!!!! No loyalty, or consideration for those who stick with a club and put hours of time into ensuring that games are played and bills are payed!

Echo what someone else said about having less clubs in these leagues mind you, why 5leagues I'm not sure, why not gor rid of some of these Micky mouse trophies and just get the league games played, have junior cup, and x1 other cup for all to compete in, not one for every bloody league!!!!

Perhaps now, with the withdrawal of so many teams, it's a good time to stop new teams joining for maybe a season or 2? If say, 3 new teams join in the Camborne/Redruth, we could see this happening again next year. I agree with Babbo, too many players follow a manager rather than a club. With regards to the cups, the only way around it is reduce the number of teams per league, again with all the withdrawals thus far, it may be a sensible time to do it? The AGM could be interesting this year! Sorry to hear about the loss of Titans, had a good setup, and I know the guys behind the scenes put a lot of work into establishing the club and keep it running. Had some great battles over the years, will be missed!