Cornwall Football Forum

Spoiled footballers of today

With reports of toure agent saying his club did not wish him happy birthday , and Nasri partner showing her displeasure at at him not making the World Cup squad for France with a foul tweet about the France manager , Ashley cole retiring from int football on the eve of the England squad being announced , who do they think they are?

The Toure affair is very disappointing, but I can't say I'm entirely shocked by it. There have been some warning signs over recent weeks that all has not been well with him, especially when he claimed that he wasn't awarded the Footballer of the Year title because he is African. The decision to give it to Suarez was wrong in my opinion, but it surely had nothing to do with race or colour. It was a strange outburst, to say the least.

Anyway, he won't get terribly far with Sheik Mansour. Manchester City are very generous and rather indulgent employers but they expect a considerable degree of loyalty and commitment from the players in return. If he seriously thinks he's going to force anybody's hand he only needs to give Carlos Tevez a ring to see where it will get him. Nobody is indispensable, as he is about to discover.

There was a football agent on 5 live yesterday and what he said was very enlightening

He said that everyone worries about things, with most normal people it's what would happen if I lost my job - How would I pay my mortgage - Will I have enough money when I retire etc etc

These top players don't have to worry about any of that - They're made for life - And everything in their daily lives is done for them - They barely have to think about the problems that normal people think about

So what happens is that stupid, trivial things that wouldn't matter a jot to everyday people get blown out of all proportion !

( Or in all likelihood he wants to go and play somewhere warmer )

Makalele, when at CFC, declared that he was retiring from international footy. However the French FA decided otherwise and he was FORCED to continue playing for France. If he refused, he would have been declared unavailable to play for his club for a certain amount of time after the date of the international. So, he gave in and continued to play for France.

With reports of toure agent saying his club did not wish him happy birthday , and Nasri partner showing her displeasure at at him not making the World Cup squad for France with a foul tweet about the France manager , Ashley cole retiring from int football on the eve of the England squad being announced , who do they think they are?

Answer - a lot of immature and grossly overpaid children. Regarding Cole - anyone can withdraw from, or decline an invitation, to play for his country of course. Very frustrating for Roy Hodgson though. the point to this is why not wait until the squad is announced ? ,but no good ole Cashly all about me me me , sums up the man , priceless

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look at the Daily Mails website today.

There is an article there that is priceless

The photograph shows two lackeys trundling out cool boxes with energy drinks that have been individually mixed according to each England players individual sweat requirements

I don't know whether to laugh or cry !

The more these players get pampered like this the more cocooned they become from the real world

Besides that, in a training camp somewhere is an African or Asian team spending next to nothing on facilities that will still be in the competition when our bunch of serial under achievers are on the plane home