Cornwall Football Forum

2014 English Domestic Major Trophies Winners Thread

Well done to Man City for proving to be the most consistent team in the Premier League this season, and winning the title to go with the League Cup they won earlier in the season. And congratulations to Arsenal for taking the FA Cup final at Wembley. Worthy winners.

Well after 8 mins I thought that was it , all sorts went through my mind , was worried that our club could implode if we did not go on and win , santi cracking free kick a scrabbled kos shot and Ramsey sublime strike we did it , thought itv man of the match should have gone

To Curtis Davis as I thought he was excellent against giroud a nd so was Alex Bruce , if and buts in football Gibbs header off the line would have made it three nil , plus we had at least three could be four shouts for penalty , but we roughed it out and nearly threw it away when mertz decided to fall over and have a lie down , all credit to Steve Bruce and hull they went at us from the start and did not park the bus cracking game for neutrals but not gooners , well that've 9 years of hurt gone for now just hope we don't have to wait for another 9 before another trophy

Chelsea finished 3rd in Prem and reached Semi of Champions League, did the double over both Man City & Liverpool, all despite not having a striker.

Chelsea U21's win the Prem in the final match at Old Toilet, just to rub it in that Utd don't have any quality youngsters coming through.

Chelsea U18's win the FA Youth Cup.

Not bad for a small West London club.

Perrenial.......longevity, happening over a long time, Man City count as perrenial winners? Ok, lets say they do. Man City made it to the final last year. Chelsea won it the year before, and Man City won it the year before that, guess what, preceding that, Chelsea won it 2 years in a row. So the "big clubs" don't take it seriously, but they have a habit of winning it, or at least getting to the final. All the big clubs apart from Man Utd that is.

Excuse me for asking Rob, can you list the "big clubs" you refer to so that I can fully interpret your odd reply.

Yeah of course, Chelsea,United,City. Perennial winners,im not sure that you would of been so quick to post if you had lost? Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Perennial winners of the FA Cup?

Since 1969 City have won it once and been beaten finalists twice. I wish to God we had been perennial winners of the Cup, because it would have made the thirty-five years prior to 2011 considerably more pleasant.

Rob you winding up mangle again? If arsenal had lost we would have been slated everywhere and quite rightly , but we won the fa cup a great old trophy which has had a kicking over the years , a trophy which is known around football circles all around the globe , I will take the win if at beginning of the season I thought we would win it I would bite your hands off, this is the same trophy which saved Alex fergusons neck at ot , before all his success , city has won it lately and Chelsea have taken it seriously in the past , yes it is a relief to get a trophy after 9 years , and I have no doubt the club has to buy class to challenge for the prem league title next season but so has a lot of clubs , let us gunners enjoy our moment of glory and equal utd record of cup wins , as next week it will be old news as the World Cup kicks in and the media love in of all things utd and mouriniho start all over again ,

Rob you winding up mangle again? If arsenal had lost we would have been slated everywhere and quite rightly , but we won the fa cup a great old trophy which has had a kicking over the years , a trophy which is known around football circles all around the globe , I will take the win if at beginning of the season I thought we would win it I would bite your hands off, this is the same trophy which saved Alex fergusons neck at ot , before all his success , city has won it lately and Chelsea have taken it seriously in the past , yes it is a relief to get a trophy after 9 years , and I have no doubt the club has to buy class to challenge for the prem league title next season but so has a lot of clubs , let us gunners enjoy our moment of glory and equal utd record of cup wins , as next week it will be old news as the World Cup kicks in and the media love in of all things utd and mouriniho start all over again ,

;)

Perrenial.......longevity, happening over a long time, Man City count as perrenial winners? Ok, lets say they do. Man City made it to the final last year. Chelsea won it the year before, and Man City won it the year before that, guess what, preceding that, Chelsea won it 2 years in a row. So the "big clubs" don't take it seriously, but they have a habit of winning it, or at least getting to the final. All the big clubs apart from Man Utd that is. ;)

Don't kid yourself, United would have bitten your arm off to have a sniff of winning silverware this season. When they pulled out a few years back, an outrageous decision at the time, they were at their best, winning things left right and centre. But the wheels have come off, and now they are hitting the ground with a bump. I can't see them ruling things again like they did previously. Now, the FA Cup is higher up their priority than its been for quite some time.

I must say mangle still basking in the glow of winning fa cup , it's it been a long time coming , now hopefully we can build a stronger squad for next season and maybe keep a sustained run at the league ? With the World Cup around the corner plenty of players in the shop window , not always the ideal time to buy ,but most teams have already done their home work on players back grounds

Are you serious, or is that a throw away comment about Arsenal not spending money, aimed at raising some pathetic debate? "Usual keep it in the bank jobby". Huh. How much did Ozil cost? Although I do think Arsenal will buy players this summer, Wenger will only hold out for targets he thinks he needs. He does not have a track record of buying willy-nilly. So there is a chance that the "main targets" he has his eye on will not be available for one reason or another, and we do not get much. Things are going to be difficult anyway, more clubs have more money available, Zenit in Russia, Monaco and PSG in France are liable to spend big. So "big players" are going to be difficult to land. We will see.

Are you serious, or is that a throw away comment about Arsenal not spending money, aimed at raising some pathetic debate? "Usual keep it in the bank jobby". Huh. How much did Ozil cost? Although I do think Arsenal will buy players this summer, Wenger will only hold out for targets he thinks he needs. He does not have a track record of buying willy-nilly. So there is a chance that the "main targets" he has his eye on will not be available for one reason or another, and we do not get much. Things are going to be difficult anyway, more clubs have more money available, Zenit in Russia, Monaco and PSG in France are liable to spend big. So "big players" are going to be difficult to land. We will see.

mangle don't tell levy about willy nilly he will pay 30 mill for him and send him out on loan ha ha , older at least when we sign a player for big money he does get in the starting line up , ozil will be better next season and if we an sign the right striker to compliment his game the club can hopefully push on