Cornwall Football Forum

Truro's FA Cup opponents are:

Guest Postie Pidge

Guest Doomer17

Well, quite a mixed bag of reaction ahead of this tie, but truth be told, Truro are going to have their work cut out!

Bath have a great bunch of lads, Evansie (if hes still playing) is still an awesome keeper, trained with him big tall keeper very commanding, they've got a lot of good players including a great back line and pacy wing backs...ill eat my own words if truro do anything against them! But obviously Good luck though!!...One more thing, i notice a lot of people here, and all over cornwall criticise anybody that dares to cast an opinion on Truro thats not about how great they are...why? People are allowed an opinion! Also, there getting silly money to do a job, and so far there doing it, its as simple as that, but a lot of people who have watched football for years and years, and seen the game change e.t.c have strong opinions on such, and i guess are getting fed up of hearing about Truro all the time, but its not for anybody else to make judgement on them again for casting an opinion! FREEDOM OF SPEECH :lol:

Yea ok its great that a cornish side are doing well, getting success e.t.c and we all know this, were all really excited about the whole process and are rooting for Truro to become a league club, but theres a lot of other clubs in Cornwall! Lets not forget that.

St Darren Thats pretty sad that you want Bath City to win the tie! look further a field if Truro go through you are one step closer to getting Liverpool at Treyew then you won,t have to spend so much time travelling around the country. After the planning refusal I hope Kevin Heaney does,nt move on to St Agnes and put his money there, you would have to re-assess your position at St Agnes St Darren!

I go to Liverpool to watch Liverpool or anywhere else in the country if I can (Reading on Tuesday), I choose to do that!

I don't support Truro therefore I couldn't give a crap how they did, them winning every game, doesn't make things better for St Agnes or anything such like.

My same opinion goes to English clubs in Europe, why should I want Man Utd to win in Europe, I don't want them to win a friendly let alone a European game, cos its of no benefit to Liverpool should they do!!

Mr Heaney wouldn't come to St Agnes, we can't get floodlights where we are due to Heritage Laws, so its not likely a housing estate could be put up there!!

The new Truro breed seem to need everyone to love them for some reason Darren! God nos why! Im another who dont care what happens to them. They are no good to St Blazey what so ever so I neednt give a monkeys. Personally, I think St Blazey are run the right way. No one pumping in stupid money. Look at Liskeard, manager goes, and it all seems to have took a turn for the worse. Weve lost Trevor Mewton but the clubs ticking over very nicly and the team are doing very well in the rebuilding of the squad.

I'm one of the 'new breed' of Truro supporters, I suppose, but surely just as it's true that Truro have picked up some new fans, they've picked up some new haters, too! I can't speak for anybody else, but I don't need everybody to like City -- just dislike them for footballing reasons, not the money stuff! Too many want bad things for City just because of Mr. Heaney's investment.

St. Darren and I both support Liverpool (I'm jealous of the travel to matches -- even to see Reading!), and I'd guess that we both hate Chelsea -- but I don't hate the Chavs because of Abramovich, but because they're death to watch and a bunch of diving nancies! Sorry, back on point. (Go ahead, LFC haters, take your turn.)

Anyhoo, rivalry is good and healthy for the sport. But pulling for Bath, St. Darren? It's one thing not to care if the Mancs win in Europe, but do you actively root against them? Ok, maybe ManU, yes. How 'bout Blackburn then, or Spurs?

St. Blazey do seem like a well-run Club, and here's hoping you continue to climb, Paul! (Unless and until you face City, of course!)

Guest Doomer17

These are all valid points, but again...people dont have to support Truro! I myself wish them good luck(mainly because they are gonna need it!!) no seriously its great as i said above that a cornish team doing well e.t.c, but before people keep moaning at st.Darren and the rest of the people that aren't too bothered about citys success, i compose this question:- Would the truro fans be so supportive of say Blazey, or Penzance, or St.agnes if the shoe was on the other foot? :glare:

I think rather than you guys arguing though, the answer is simple, people dont have to support anybody, just because they live in cornwall it doesn't mean to say they have to follow Truro!! Truro are gonna do well regardless of what support they get, cus of £££

I think this anti Truro thing gets a bit stupid at times.But the funny thing about is,it seems to be by the same half a dozen people that have sour grapes about Truro and the progress they have made over the last couple of seasons.Also the mention of Mr Heaney's money always seems to come into it.Let's be honest,what chance has any Cornish club got of climbing the pyramid system without financial backing from the likes of Mr Heaney?I will answer that for you NONE.Everyone cant seem to think the same way as those moaning half a dozen,all you have to do is look at the Truro gates this season,not bad I would say for a team that are so unpopular.It's as simple as this,if you want to see a good standard of football,plus some good visiting teams come along to Treyew Road,you will be made more than welcome.

And by the way,as a Truro supporter I also take an interest in other Cornish clubs,in fact I watched with interest how they faired in matches played this weekend in the F.A. Vase,and was sorry to see so many miss out on the next round.So best of luck Liskeard in the next round.

KIT 65.

Your quite right about needing the money to move up the pyramid if your a club based in cornwall. No doubt about it. Take St Blazey yesterday, Shepton Mallet away. A long day with the team leaving at 8am. I drove and left soon after the match. Didnt get home til gone 8pm. Say a club like St Blazey took promotion. If they dont win another couple quick promotions they could get stuck playing teams away like Shepton every other week and not be playing any better quality sides but face huge travelling costs and end up in huge debt. So theres no doubt really that with out a Heany at your club, youve no chance!

Paul,

the only thing that I would Question about your comments on Truro City, is this, When Treveor Mewton, was at St Blazey Pumping money into the club, as we all know he was, I do not think you would have made that comment, because we all know like it or not money does talk,

Hammers :yahoo::c: :c:

Paul,

the only thing that I would Question about your comments on Truro City, is this, When Treveor Mewton, was at St Blazey Pumping money into the club, as we all know he was, I do not think you would have made that comment, because we all know like it or not money does talk,

Hammers :yahoo::c::c:

I would question whether Trevor "pumped" money into St Blazey Football Club, other than bits of Kit.

Well Chairman,

If Trevor was not pumping money into St Blazey who was,?

How did St Blazey pay for all of the improvements, to the Club,

& during Trevor's Time the club was paying out quite a big wages bill every week,

as you know money does not grow on trees,

someone put money the Clubs way,

just as of present, that it is no secret that Steve Massey is reported to be putting money into Falmouth

& Keven Heaney into Truro.

Hammers :clapper::thumbsup: :c:

Guest plainmoor

....and you know what?..........Truro City FC didn't 'give' Blazey £500 each time to play on their pitch when Treyew road was under water last season..............ooopppsss there goes another one, dam flying pigs.

What I'm trying to say is that money comes in from everywhere if your prepared to go out and look for it.

What are you on about? Trevor never paid for nothing towards ground improvements!! I think youll find you have to apply for grants etc. Why would Trevor have been intrested in paying for that? And even if he did put money into the side, it wasnt enough to worry about. All off last years squad could have stayed but they decided to go elsewhere. A new era for them and Trevor. You havnt seen St Blazey in a mess like some had hoped when he left!!

Paul,

I am not having a go at St Blazey at all, They are a good club & top notch suporters, I am also not saying that ground improvments were paid for by Trever Mewton,

What I am saying is that with the money spent at St Blazey, other than say grants, someone else was also putting money into the Club, when Trevor was the Manager, & in any case there is nothing at all wrong with that,

So there is no real reason for any person from St Blazey to deny that there was money coming into the club, I say best of luck to any club that has financial backing.

Hammers :thumbsup::yahoo::clapper: :c: