Cornwall Football Forum

TCFC and Helical announce development plans for Club

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the "banter" between you lads.Personally i hope Truro City go from strength to strength as it can only be a good thing to have a better standard of football in the county .Sad to hear about the reserves but if it helps to achieve the goal of conference football and a new stadium,so be it.Hopefully some of the existing reserves will step up to the first team squad and I've no doubt the others will be welcomed at other clubs.

A bit of unity within the county wouldn't go amiss here or are we all so short sighted that we can only see as far as the end of our own noses.noses. I'm not talking about loyalty to local clubs,we all have that, but the bigger picture of opportunity for Cornish players to progress within the game.

How many local boys with ability have had the chances that players in other less out of the way areas have had.Not many!.

If Truro city FC can progress up the pyramid then surely the cream of Cornish football will get more opportunities.

Love the "banter" between you lads.Personally i hope Truro City go from strength to strength as it can only be a good thing to have a better standard of football in the county .Sad to hear about the reserves but if it helps to achieve the goal of conference football and a new stadium,so be it.Hopefully some of the existing reserves will step up to the first team squad and I've no doubt the others will be welcomed at other clubs.

A bit of unity within the county wouldn't go amiss here or are we all so short sighted that we can only see as far as the end of our own noses.noses. I'm not talking about loyalty to local clubs,we all have that, but the bigger picture of opportunity for Cornish players to progress within the game.

How many local boys with ability have had the chances that players in other less out of the way areas have had.Not many!.

If Truro city FC can progress up the pyramid then surely the cream of Cornish football will get more opportunities.

Good post,nothing less than I expect from a YID.

Our league stretches over half of England and into Wales now that is a big shop window available to players with talent to hit the big time.

out of interest, how many local players are there in the current squad

As it is pre season the final squad has not been finalised, tonight City will play three 16 year olds at some stage plus a player from Saltash, It should be appreciated that Truro gave local talent a good run last season and only a few were nearing the required standard, my previous posting points to the opportunities that exist at Truro City if youngsters who think they are good enough, put in hours of training and show they have the potential, Truro City could be that stepping stone to success that was not there before.

Postman Pat, appreciate you were just asking a question, and in turn respectfully reply.

What some look upon as public blunders could be seen as putting the club on a firmer footing, when change occurs some noses may be put out of joint, in peoples day to day jobs they don't agree with everything our bosses get up to, scared of losing their jobs they say nowt, with a football club they go straight to the social media sites and create hell which sometimes harms those clubs they are passionate about. The reserve team situation was disappointing for most of us but the club plays in semi professional football and hopes to venture into the land of professionalism where many of the clubs are full time, doubtless the reserve team decision was not made lightly and the new management team would surely have contributed to the reasons behind that decision. As we progress there could be regular comings and goings with playing personnel, that happens the higher you climb the pyramid.

As an ordinary supporter of Truro City I have to say Mr Masters has been open with us and makes himself available on a daily basis, he has never sidestepped any of my questions, I think we would have to go a long way to meet a chairman as open and willing as him. To do a job well it is sometimes necessary to upset a few of us, he has a thread on the official club website where he answers any questions supporters put to him, I have not seen that with ANY other club.

I know this reply could be picked to pieces to satisfy personal preferences (I hope not) but a club that was dead is on the way back, what is happening at Truro City is good for the club, eventually others may also benefit but change takes time and dedication.

• 2 weeks later...

For the benefit of those who could not get the Non League Paper this week'

The Article read as follows:-

MASTERS: TRURO TO STAND ALONE

Owner against ground-sharing
--------------------------------------

TRURO CITY chairman and co-owner Peter Masters has revealed his preferred option for the club would be to "stand-alone and have it's own facilities " rather than ground share with the Cornish Pirates.
An announcement this week revealed a multi-million pound deal had been signed with developers over the construction of City's new stadium, with the Tigers possibly ground-sharing with nearby rugby club the Cornish Pirates in the interim.
The southern League Premier Division club has yet to finalise any groundshare deal and is still waiting for planning permission, but Masters would rather see his club go it alone.
He told the NLP " It is an option to groundshare which we are still investigating, whether it comes off is another thing because obviously football and rugby do not traditionally go together too well.

ACADEMY
-------------
"At the end of the day it will all come down to financial circumstances. But my preferred option is that Truro City Football Club stands alone and has it's own facilities.
"One of the most important things we want to develop is a youth academy. We are going to use part of our re-payment money to establish an academy in the new ground. That's really important to us.
" At the moment the facilities in Cornwall are few and far between and we need to bring that up to standard if we want to take the club to the Conference Premier and beyond".
As part of the deal with the developers, Truro City will receive a Conference Premier standard stadium with a 4G pitch either used as their main playing surface or as a secondary turf.
The plans were unveiled to fans at an open day last weekend with the club also having public consultations over the course of the past week. And Masters was pleased with the outcome.
He said "It had a positive vibe which I am really pleased about. At the open day, 187 supporters registered, which was great.
"Over the past 12 months we have turned a negative situation into a positive situation and me and Phil (co-owner Philip Perryman) are ecstatic."
Truro who were relegated last season, will be able to put all their financial worries behind them going into the forthcoming campaign and Masters is looking forward to the future.
He said "Securing new sponsorship deals will help finance the team. We got relegated because of the financial state of the club but this is a massive opportunity to take things forward."