Cornwall Football Forum

NALDERS SUNDAY DIV (1)

FALMOUTH ALBION V CAMBOURNE PK 4 - 0 H/T 2 - 0. GOOD OPEN GAME, ALBION DOMINATING

THE MATCH FROM THE OFF. CAMBOURNE PLAYED SOME LOVELY COUNTER ATTACKING FOOTBALL AT TIMES.

AND WILL CAUSE TEAM PROBLEMS THIS SEASON. THE GAME WAS PLAYED IN GOOD SPIRITS. AND

REFEREED EXCELLENT. :clapper: :thumbsup:

Oxford FC1 Crowntown1 (h/t 1-0)

Crowntown started the better but we went in 1-0 up at half time due to a Dan Rich goal midway through the half, Crowntown striker Alan Thomas was taken to Hosptial at the end of the first half after a clash of heads with Oxford defender Stuart Leeson

After a long delay the second half again saw Crowntown start the better and got the equaliser after some poor defending from a long throw but as the game went on we created the better chances and probably should have won the game

A good game played in the right spirit and well reffed

Best wishes to Alan for a speedy recovery

billy albion may be top of league this week but its ok!

truro railway will beat you next week and will beat you again later in the season

then when the seasons over il put up

billy, look whos top of the league! :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: ::

:)

Oddly, I don't quite agree with the Oxford players who think that they deserved to beat Crowntown. I suppose that they would think that.

The Oxford Secretary was asked in the first half if he was going to claim back half the pitch fee as they weren't using Crowntown's half.

Crowntown did miss Alan Thomas in the second half (He's O.K. but is rather uncomfortable around the mouth) Oxford defence looked really worried about him before his injury. Even so, I can't remember a single Oxford chance after half time. The new star midfielder did ........ nothing and the star (well he says he is!) striker sulked for most of the game until he was subbed!

Crowntown had a (new) goalie. He stopped a cracking attempt at an OG from Crowntown's super vet defender and was really annoyed to concede the soft shot for Oxford's score. Apart from that we still don't know how good he is.

All very friendly. Crowntown enjoyed it but I think that were two teams on show who are going to find it a challenge in Division 1 this season.

Some interesting comments there from oldasitgets getting a little personal about some of our players not quite sure why?? no need for it in my opinion, yeah it was'nt a great game and neither team played that well but was a hard battle played in a good spirit

Glad to hear Alan's ok he is a good player and yes he did cause us a few problems

If you havent got anything good to say dont say it

:clapper: Don't agree with oldasitgets i'm afraid. The Oxford were very unfortunate not to have won this match. I agree that Alan Thomas did cause problems as he is a quality player, however when he unfortunately had to leave the pitch due to injury I thought The Oxford were the only team likely to win the game. And as for the goal scored by Daniel Richards being soft.....quality counter attack of which the ageing Crowntown defence could not cope with!!!!

And as for the goal scored by Daniel Richards being soft.....quality counter attack of which the ageing Crowntown defence could not cope with!!!!

Ageing! Ageing!

I ain't ageing.

I'm bloody old. Still good for a game or two.

The Oxford goal was a good move. Stretched us on the right. It wasn't a great shot but it was on target and that's the first requirement if you're going to score. So fair play.

We did intend to close the midfield playmaker down. It was very well done by a quality man-to-man marker. We don't normally do strategy, but that one was worth it.

As to the striker...... we had a lovely chat during the game. Got on like a house on fire. Ask him.

Sorry if I've upset anyone. Not intentional, just friendly banter. I really, really enjoyed the game. Still smiling about it. :):) :)

Guest Rich Ward

Oldasitgets, gotta compliment you on your defensive tactics, boring the opposition striker half to death with your anecdotes about fighting in the first world war really works, gotta remember my earplugs for the return game.

Glad Alan is ok!

(LOOKING INTO MY CRYSTAL BALL)........ The Oxford Striker Richard Ward scores a hat-trick against Crowntown in the away match. Oldasitgets posts message on forum saying how great Ward is and that he hopes to never come up against a player with so much deceptive pace and striking prowess ever again!!!

i think albion will have to relie on sunday league to win trophys this year cos there saturday teams r struggling i think a double relegation on the horizon ahe shifty ,billy! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Where are Falmouth albion in the FH1 division shifty???

i think albion will have to relie on sunday league to win trophys this year cos there saturday teams r struggling i think a double relegation on the horizon ahe shifty ,billy! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Eyebrows - have you lost your way looking for the FHFL forum? it's actually quite easy to find you know.

Geachy - Eyebrows can show you the way to the FHFL forum . By the way neither team in relegation positions at the minute and just finding our feet in the league again after a number of players leaving a succesful club which won 4 cups, runners up in another cup, 1 league runners up trophy and a promotion last season :wacko:

(LOOKING INTO MY CRYSTAL BALL)........ The Oxford Striker Richard Ward scores a hat-trick against Crowntown in the away match. Oldasitgets posts message on forum saying how great Ward is and that he hopes to never come up against a player with so much deceptive pace and striking prowess ever again!!!

I had one of those - The Queen was just handing me the F.A. Cup and Denis Law and Pele were worshiping at my feet.

I'm not eating a lump of stilton at bedtime again.

WELL DONE MR GEACHY. anyway hope your ok was looking forward to training with you this year but see you went else where hope all is going well at your new club and hope the baby and family are fine. of on my holidays tomorrow and wont be back until the junior cup game although i am not sure what state i will be in. good luck in the sunday league.