Cornwall Football Forum

** PARKWAY V GODOLPHIN **

Parkway 6 ( Lance Bailey,Luke Rundle,Adam Carter, Levi Landricombe 3) Godolphin 0 ( HT 2-0)

Parkway bounced back from last weeks poor display against Blazey , with six unanswered goals against Godolphin . Josh Fearon spurned a couple of glorious chances to put The G in front early on , but once two clinical strikes from Barnum Bailey ( complete with the celebratory forward roll ) and Luke Rundle gave Parkway an advantage before the half hour , then the home side always looked like winning . Some clever work from the impressive Nick Rudge when he danced past a pair of defenders to release Levi to set up Adam Carter for the third , before Levi stole the ball from a dallying defender to grab the fourth and then raced clear from a Hoddle-like Bailey pass to chip the keeper for the fifth . Some smart work by Shaun Semmens denied Levi from grabbing his hat trick , before he smashed in a long range free kick deep in stoppage time to round off the scoring and take his tally to 42 in all competitions for the season .

A good dress rehearsal for next week's Throgmorton Cup Semi-Final , and a victory that keeps Parkway right in the league title frame .

Erm..... I think he came off injured mr pugwash !! P.s. there is a difference between winning free kicks and faking injury. Clever innit !! 6-0 mate ! Nuff said !!

rocky thats a joke, he along with Riggers ( apologies if I have the wrong player, but the eyes aint what they used to be ) who admittedly two footed one of your players on the edge of the box, should never have seen the second half. As for being kicked off the field it was more like being kicked up the parkway....all the way back to Newquay.

Not sure what Derek was thinking by turning up so late, but that backfired bigstyle. Not one of the G looked up for what we all new would be a battle with bragging rights at stake, especially with the semi's looming down on us.

Shaun Semmens was a joke last night especially for the last goal, he gets away with poor to average games week after week and last nights performance highlighted what a below standard he is. Sorry Shaun the truth hurts.

Not good enough G, that was a very quiet drive home last night.

The G were kicked off the park. No protection from the Plymouth ref. Does the boy Hart always fake injury.

A deserved win for Parkway though.

Ha Ha sour grapes, Dan Hart one of the best around and that was prob the only way you could stop him. I bet it was a long trip back to Newquay

Parkway eventually ran out more than comfortable winners of this game against a Godolphin team that started very brightly and should have gone certainly 1 if not 2 up missing one gilt edged chance very early on and forcing a reaction save from Ken Griffiths before Parkway scored. Once in front Parkway grew in confidence and after it became 2 nil it seemed to me that Godolphin wilted and there was only one winner from that point. A bit unfair to acuse Parkway of kicking their way to victory there is a bit more about them than that, also I thought that Lee Roberts again showed why he is the best ref in the league he didn't overeact to any incidents dealt with everything in a very calm manner and remained in full control throughout the game. This win will do wonders for Parkway in their bid to win the league but they will need to remain fully focused and not get distracted along the way, the play acting mentioned in a previous post does them no favours, they just need to get the job done. Godolphin are clearly a very good side and the emotional problems well documented may well have had an influence on last nights performance once they went behind, next week in the cup semi final will be a entirely different proposition however and Parkway will have to right on it from the first to last whistle to achieve the win. Well done for the win last night to Parkway and good luck to Godolphin for the rest of what is turning out to be a very good season for them. The league neeeds competitive teams to make it fresh and interesting and this season has certainly achieved this

Well summed up by voice from the past. No complaints from us about refs or anything else, Parkway are a class team and were far better than us on the night and inflicted the heaviest defeat in the 12 years I have been at the G. Next weds will be tough but it's another day and still all to play for at Launceston.

All credit to Pway but as a neutral,well kind of, I actually wanted the G to win, I could have no complaints and certainly got my money's worth.

Still think it's yours to throw away and still believe you will do so.

Goldophin were very poor last night with the back at sixes and sevens, once the third went in it was capitulation time.

The whole team looked like rabbits in the headlights , can't see them turning around this result in the semis ?