Cornwall Football Forum

"Nothing to fear .... "

I see Dobwalls manager Mike Beckett has been quoted as believing his side have a good chance to turn their impressive start to the season into a title challenge.

After Saturday's 3-0 win at Callington in Division One West, he said: "There is nothing to fear in this league. It's up for grabs. What we need to do now is sort out our home form. We've won all three of our away games so far, but lost two at home."

Dobwalls, fourth in the table and only a point off leaders Porthleven travel to Mousehole tomorrow, the Seagulls are sixth, unbeaten in four games.

Meanwhile at St Austell, goalkeeper and joint manager Martin Quantick has resigned as joint manager.

This came about after handing in a letter of resignation at Monday night's committee meeting at Poltair. He's now on the look-out for a new club. He is reported as saying : "I have left the club and Andy Ball will now be running the team on his own." He would not elaborate further, but is " .... now looking forward and I think that it is best left behind. I've handed in my letter of resignation, I wish the club well but now want to get back to playing in goal for someone and enjoying my football."

Ball revealed that Quantick failed to turn up for Saturday's match at Hayle when he learned the night before that former county youth keeper Steve Raven would be in goal. Ball said: "It was our first point of the season and I am sure we will start moving in the right direction. Raven made a massive difference and I also hope to have two new signings on the way."

"Meanwhile at St Austell, goalkeeper and joint manager Martin Quantick has resigned as joint manager.

This came about after handing in a letter of resignation at Monday night's committee meeting at Poltair. He's now on the look-out for a new club. He is reported as saying : "I have left the club and Andy Ball will now be running the team on his own." He would not elaborate further, but is " .... now looking forward and I think that it is best left behind. I've handed in my letter of resignation, I wish the club well but now want to get back to playing in goal for someone and enjoying my football."

Ball revealed that Quantick failed to turn up for Saturday's match at Hayle when he learned the night before that former county youth keeper Steve Raven would be in goal. Ball said: "It was our first point of the season and I am sure we will start moving in the right direction. Raven made a massive difference and I also hope to have two new signings on the way."